IGNORED

Tiger Woods 2005 Video Game

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I am definitely a video gamer for sure, and I didn't see a topic for this anywhere else. So I figured I would make it in this forum. I wanted to know how many of you have a Gamecube, PS2, XBox, or just play Tiger on your PC.

I bought Tiger Woods 2004 last year and I absolutely got addicted to it! It was the best golf game I have ever played. So I went ahead and got Tiger Woods 2005 this past September or so, and it was even better IMO.

I wanted to know if anyone else has Tiger Woods for any of these gaming systems, and if so, how many of you love to play it?

I honestly haven't played it in a few months due to me not really being in the golf mood because of the weather. But I am definitely starting to feel the golf mood again, and I will probably get Tiger out and start playing again.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I play it but the game simply isn't a challenge. When I feel like shooting -24, I play. Most of the time I'd rather watch real golfers shoot 66 or go hit balls myself.

It's veered too far towards arcade golf and too far away from "sim" golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have 05' for the PS2 and I love it.

Haven't played it in a while, but when I do its addicting.

I agree about the low score stuff. But thats fun to do :)

I like the fact that you can make your custom golfer with facial features, body build, etc...

I tried to replicate myself :)

I do agree on the low score thing as well. I won WAY too many tournaments in the 2004 version, but I am only 1 for 3 or so in the 2005. Like I said, I haven't had the chance to play it as much due to having too many other games. But I'm probably going to pull it out again soon and go through my first season.

I think the Legends mode is great! The tiger-proofed courses are much more fun to play IMO, and the players in that mode aren't near as easy to beat.

The thing is that you guys need to play the PC version. The console and PC versions are totally different games.

Console versions of golf is most often aimed at the kiddies and also the limited control options really make console games suffer aganist their PC equivalent in term of really simulating golf.

TW PGA Tour 2004 on PC is the most realistic PC golf game ever if you run in simulation mode. They got rid of that in TW PGA Tour 2005 which truly sucks. If you create a "Pro" character you get close but you still get some extra help with attributes and such.

Simulation mode if you play in advanced or expert you are in full control of your swing. Mouse swing is really the only way to go. Anyway the ball physics are great and you can´t hit a 3-iron in deep rough and think you will get anywhere with it :). Lie and slope severely affects distance and ball trajectory :). And you can do just about any shot imaginable. Putting is well done as well though that is slightly better in the TW 2005 version. Not to say the graphics are incredibly well done.

Seriously I would suggest you guys buy Tiger woods PGA Tour 2004 for PC for like 10$.

TW 2005 allows you to create even more lifelike characters and have extra equipment and tiger proofing yadayada but the core game is the same and 2004 have 18 courses and TW 2005 what 8?

I got sold on TW 2004 so bought 2005 but I honestly think it´s a step backwards. If you haven´t played any of them you will be happy with both though and TW 2005 have a bit better of career mode but that is more of the arcade action that the console versions has. Still I love career mode as well in TW 2004. Haven´t run it in 2005 yet I am to annoyed with the low driver trajectory it gives you really annoying.

I have TW 2004 for PS2. I love it, my wife hates it. The game is terribly addictive and often play it when I can't play real golf; like at 2:30 AM or in the cold rain and snow. It is a little far from reality, althought it is fun to break 50 every once in a while. TW 2005 is on my birthday list, I will have to hit up my parents because I knowmy wife would buy me socks and underwear before she bought me another video game.

• 1 month later...
I pulled this game back out last night before I went to bed and I was playing the Legends Tour thing. I think it is a blast to be honest! And a lot of the courses are Tiger-Proofed and much tougher IMO.

I got stomped in the ground by Rich Beem at Paradise Cove! He beat me 5 and 3 I think. I was ticked off, but I was also happy because it really challenged me.

The season mode may be too easy on this game, but the match play in the Legends Tour is a challenge for me anyway. I look forward to putting it in tonight and getting some revenge on ol Rich. Then I'll get a firm whoopin from Ben Hogan..

I have the game for PS2. I dont play videogames barely at all but if i do it is a golf game. I really like the game and i am decent at it. But really my passion is pickin bluegrass or actually physically golfing. Dont have time to just sit and play a game.

I really like the tour the most on the game. But the legend tour can be fun. Pretty good game.

2006 is said to be much better. At least thats what i heard on some newschannel. I will probably get it and like 2005 it will probably sit more then it is played.

But it is a good game.

Mike Fisher
email me PGAfan790@aol.com

I bought the 2004 Tiger Woods on XBOX last winter. I to got addicted. I havent played in a while because it is warming up here and I am able to get outdoors more and play real golf.
I had a hard time finding games that I like...so I mainly just stick with Tiger Woods...have a good day....
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

The thing is that you guys need to play the PC version. The console and PC versions are totally different games...

I second that. If you start a career in Advanced mode - you're up against a tough challange. With drives bearly off the ground and 150 carry - good luck

it takes a lot of patience. I like the equipment selection - i.e. if you don't adjust your choices to your current abilities - you'll "play" the same as you'd play in real life, being 20 hcp and using blades with X-stiff shafts. I think they did a really good job to make it as close to real as possible. After a few months I made my first million and getting ready for the Q-School. I'm hooked. P.S.: I still think MS Links was more "real". I'm kind of pissed they discontinued it.

...I am to annoyed with the low driver trajectory it gives you really annoying....

You can't get the ball up in the air with 50mph swing (that's my guess as far as what you're starting with as a rookie

). Make sure you also get R-stiff shaft and high lofted driver (as a TRUE beginner should!). Once you win some money and get your power attribuite up, all you have to do is unlock the "advanced driving" lesson. Once you get there - tie-it-high-and-let-it-fly

I got 2004 for the PS2 in January of 04' and it is the best game I have ever had. That includes all of the Madden games. I have been meening to pick up 2005 and just keep putting it off. I have to go to Best Buy tonight anyway, so I'm sold. I was reading an article about the new XBox 360 and they show a scene from 06' that almost looks like a photograph. They show Tiger standing in the fairway with stands and sky boxes in the distance. The detail is right down to the blades of grass and the tiny Swoosh on the heel of his shoe. I know that many of the pictures they show and the footage on the comercials are just CG animation, but if the game is even close I will be stoked.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I got 2004 for the PS2 in January of 04' and it is the best game I have ever had. That includes all of the Madden games. I have been meening to pick up 2005 and just keep putting it off. I have to go to Best Buy tonight anyway, so I'm sold. I was reading an article about the new XBox 360 and they show a scene from 06' that almost looks like a photograph. They show Tiger standing in the fairway with stands and sky boxes in the distance. The detail is right down to the blades of grass and the tiny Swoosh on the heel of his shoe. I know that many of the pictures they show and the footage on the comercials are just CG animation, but if the game is even close I will be stoked.

Yeah, I saw that picture, and I also watched a little 20 second clip or so of it. It was amazing! There was actually huge galleries going up the side of the hole. I was definitely amazed to say the least!

And by the way, Rich Beem freakin beat me again in Legends Tour last night. So I said to heck with it, and I'm going through the Arnold Palmer bracket now. I had to regain some confidence..

I've got Tiger for Sony PSP. Lunch hours at work haven't been the same since!
In my Arsenal.
Driver: R580 9.5°
Irons: Nike CPR Steel 5-PW
Woods:
Nike T40 3 Fairway Nike T40 5 Fairway Hybrids: Nike CPR 22° Nike CPR 26° UST Irod ShaftSW: Nike 55°Forged Chrome SeriesPutter: Nike Blue Chip putterBalls: Nike One or Callaway Warbirds

I can't stand that damn "Greek Isles" course.

I agree...I hate the Greek Isles, Paradise Cove, Emerald Dragon HHHHAAATTTEE those courses.

My favorite course is Coeur d'lene, I kick ass when I play that course. (because it is so wide open)
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

I agree...I hate the Greek Isles, Paradise Cove, Emerald Dragon HHHHAAATTTEE those courses.

Yeah i hate those too. I am great at the normal couses but when it comes to these winning is usually not an option. I get so frusturated i quit.

Mike Fisher
email me PGAfan790@aol.com

Note: This thread is 6895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!