IGNORED

Do you trust launch monitors?

shortys408
Note: This thread is 4444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When it comes to launch monitors I was a bit weary as well. About three weeks ago I went to the Taylor made fitting center at the PGA superstore in delray beach, FL. I was playing an old Cleveland launcher 9.0 with pro launch red x with a high kick point. I generally hit it about 270, but straight. And I decided I wanted something with newer tech. Dan put me on the monitor with both my driver and the new r11s. I was hitting the r11s about 20 yes further. Well, I did not believe the numbers, but decided to make a real appointment for a full driver fitting. This morning using my old driver I was hitting 268 with 3900 back spin. Dan had me test out about 6 to 8 different shafts in the r11s and we finally dialed in the right set up from the shaft to the head adjustments. I ended up with a back spin rate of 2350 and 298 yd drives. The way I look at launch monitors is its a controlled environment, no wind, humidity, it's perfect. However, matching up the monitor to real play outdoors are about the same with my old driver. Now I want to see what's happens with the new driver - fitted shaft, new head tech, and full adjustability should make up for the difference. Stay tuned, I will add to this forum in 10 days when the new r11s arrives....

Go to Titleist website, they got a great guide to there custom shaft options. They got a great chart that will show you the launch angle and spin rate. They pretty much have every option the other companies have. So lets say you hit a ping with there Project X shaft. You can see, on that chart, hey that is a (i don't know off hand), low spin mid launch driver. Now you check your launch angle on the monitor, and its 14°, and your swinging a 9.5° driver. You can say, well maybe i want a mid spin and a mid launch, or maybe a mid spin low launch, or a low spin low launch, to get that launch angle down. Really to me, shafts don't increase or decrease my swing speed much. Unless i go from a very high weighted shaft to an ultralight. But spin and launch angle are were i am concerned with.

The best thing to do, go find a demo day at a range, and they got those carts there were you can hit drivers with multiple shafts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!