IGNORED

Ocean City, MD

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 5095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Will be going there in two weeks for a weekend golf trip. Most likely will be playing 1 round on Friday afternoon and 2 rounds on Saturday. Possibly a 4th round if my playing partners are up for it.

Got some suggestions for a few courses and restaurants in the area from the other thread. Looking for more input on courses and restaurants.

« Keith »

Light House Sound and Rums Pointe are both very nice courses but expensive. Eagles Landing is a nice course and is a little more price friendly. If you are looking for decent food in a bar type setting bull on the beach, green turtle, and don't forget a dumsers milk shake.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

dumsers is a mandatory stop for any trip to OC MD!! plus there are about 6 locations so it is difficult not to find one

Green Turtle is good place

Smokers BBQ is a little hole in the wall BBQ joint just off RT 50, great fall of the bone ribs and chicken.

Drunk go-cart racing at Baja is always a solid as well.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Seems like Eagles Landing is a very popular choice amongst those that have gone to Ocean City.

That's because for the price eagles landing is the most bang for your buck there. I still think if you have the money that light house sound is a course you won't forget. I almost forgot check out seacrets while you're there it's a good time.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

That's because for the price eagles landing is the most bang for your buck there. I still think if you have the money that light house sound is a course you won't forget. I almost forgot check out seacrets while you're there it's a good time.

never have to seacrets after early september...however if it is anything like the summer months!!!! huge thumbs up!! it is at 48th and coastal or something like that...can't miss it the parking lot is two blocks!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I think a few of the top public courses in the state (according to Golf.com) are located in that area:

http://www.golf.com/golf/courses_tra...007588,00.html

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Just got some quotes for some stay and play packages. They are in the ballpark #'s of $2100-2300 for a foursome. Bayside, Eagles Landing, Glen Riddle, and Lighthouse Sound in the order of tee times. Does that sound about right?

So they are saying Bayside and Lighthouse are what's bringing the quote so high. Was hoping to keep the price of the trip somewhat relatively economical.

« Keith »

Found a special for Bay Club, Bayside, and Bear Trap for $179 after 10AM. Will be playing Bayside on Friday, Bay Club on Saturday, and Bear Trap on Sunday. Think I will try and fit Eagle's Landing on Saturday morning.

Its safe to assume that these courses have ranges to warm up at?

« Keith »

Best way to find ranges - Google Maps (Satellite option). Probably quicker too.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm pretty sure they all have ranges but I'm not much of a range person plus I usually have late nights so I'm not getting to the course early. Those are all nice courses and I think you will enjoy the golf. I've actually wanted to do a stay and play trip in the fall but just can't ever find the time.

Most people take the Turnpike to Ocean City, but take a look at the Cape May Ferry - makes the drive more relaxing.

Garden State is a better drive than the Turnpike too.

There's a cable stayed bridge somewhere along the way. Very cool looking bridge.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Most people take the Turnpike to Ocean City, but take a look at the Cape May Ferry - makes the drive more relaxing.

We are contemplating on driving down to Chesapeake Bay bridge just to check it out.

« Keith »

Route 1

I love our NYC bridges, but no new ones for quite awhile.

Steve

We'll be crossing the longest suspension bridge (stateside) for sure. Most likely will be leaving Thursday night and stop by at Atlantic City.

« Keith »

We are contemplating on driving down to Chesapeake Bay bridge just to check it out.

If you are going to AC the ferry is your best option and it's a pretty relaxing trip.

If you are going to AC the ferry is your best option and it's a pretty relaxing trip.

The ferry seems like a good option. So for 1 suv and 3 passengers it will cost $66 which I think we can swing although we were trying to make this a fairly economical trip. I've gone on decent size fishing boats with them and motion sickness got to them fairly easy and they did not enjoy it at all. If that's the case with this ferry then it ain't happening.

« Keith »

hmmm. a night at the borgata and then a ferry trip over....nice touch. bring plenty of cash!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 5095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!