IGNORED

Shot of the season

timbone03
Note: This thread is 4901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nothing special but today I hit a nice drive about 270ish, a really nice wedge shot from about 120 yards out about 6 feet from the hole, and a nice little put for a birdie.

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

My shot of the season - watching my 14 year old son hit a chip out of deep rough about 30 yards out and the ball slowley rolls into the hole for a birdie. I myself have had plenty of great shots this year, But watchng your own kid do something like that is just a great feeling.

1) Was at my home course, Hole #2, a Par 4 397 yards with a peninsula green. Hit a bad drive so I had to lay up. I'm about 50 yards out and the pin is in the middle of the green, left side. I hit a perfect little flop shot hits once, hits the pin and drops.

2) Par 3 at Deer Ridge about 240 to another peninsula green with a rock bank that went right up to the green above the water. Pin was front middle with everything sloping right to left to the pin. Hit a perfect shot hit right above the bank, rolled up onto the green and down to about 6ft away from the pin. Perfectly placed tee shot with nothing to show for it since I 3-Putt it.

3) In my first varsity match I needed a Par on the 9th hole for my first ever round in the 30's. It's a Par 4 about 400 yards but the tee shot is a b**** especially that day since it was up on the tee box they hardly ever use which gives you hardly any options off the tee. I hit the best drive I've ever had on that hole, hit an easy GW into the green about 20ft away just missed the putt and tapped in for a par and a 39 which is my lowest 9-hole score.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

There are 2 contenders... and sadly, the ace didn't win.

First was the aforementioned ace. Short little par 3 of about 120 yards, slightly downhill. Only trouble is a bunker left and then a hazard long. My pitching wedge was perfectly struck... I held my pose for a few seconds because I knew it was going to be good... but then the unthinkable (for me) happened. The ball hit the green, pitched forward about 4 feet... grabbed, slowed... and dropped in. First ever ace. Hopefully not my last. It was an enjoyable moment, for sure.

Second, and the winner, was in a driving rain. I was 165 yards out... rain was coming down really hard... wind was from the left a little bit. The shot was blind... all I could see was the flag from the valley in the fairway. I hit a really, really nice 6 iron that just took off from my club face. The club chairman was up near the green in his cart and as I approached the green, I saw my ball only about 4 feet from the pin. The club chairman said it hit the green and died... and the pitch mark wasn't more than 10 inches from the ball. Of course, as I stood over my putt... there was a river pouring off the bill of my cap that I couldn't NOT focus on and I missed the birdie attempt... but I'll forget about that because of how pure that shot felt to me.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was just last week, actually. On the way to Myrtle Beach we stopped and played Tobacco Road Golf Club in NC. Billed as one of the "top ten hardest courses" in the USA. And it was. I have never played a course quite like it. Anyway, the first hole is a par 5, looks like you have about 30 feet to land your tee shot in. Check. Then you have about a 20 foot wide opening to hit your approach shot. Check. Then holed out the third shot from about 40 yards for eagle. Great way to start a round on an amazing track!

Of course, the downside to this tale is that I wound up shooting an 83 with FIVE, count em, FIVE three-putts!!! ARRRGHHHH!!!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I was about 150 yards out on a par 5 trying to recover from a shot that went way right to just behind a small hill. I took out my 5 hybrid, swung, and dropped the ball on the green about a foot from the hole. Sunk the put and made birdie. That was also the first time i broke 100!!

Residing in the Birdies for the Brave bag...

FT-IQ 11* with Diamana Red Shaft
Baffler Rail 2 Hybrid
HiBore XLS 3-5 Hybrids Big Bertha '08 6-SW Niblick 37*, 49*, and CG 15 60* Oil Can WedgesWhite Hot XG Marxman Z-Star Yellows or E6 Balls

I holed out for eagle from 150yds. I had holed out for eagle from 130yds the previous week, so holing out for eagle in two consecutive rounds of golf was really special. The hole out for eagle from 150yds was particularly special because I was playing golf with my dad. My folks live overseas, so I only play golf with my dad once a year or once every two years.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I have two contenders:

1. 150 yard par 3 over a small lake. I put it 6" from the hole for an easy birdie which jump started my best round of this past season (13.2 diff).

2. 210 yard par 3 in the midst of a really dissappointing round. Dead into a very stiff breeze. 4 hybrid to 2 feet, sunk the putt for the only bright spot of the day.

I bought new clubs this summer, so the first round using them I had about 165 into a par 3, so I hit 8 iron. The ball landed over the pin, spun back, hit the stick and bounced about a foot away. Still 0 aces for my career, but I did make the putt.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Well the season is about over for me here in Jersey, so it's fair game for me to reply to this one. Looking back, I didn't get to play nearly as often as I'd hoped, but I still got out there a few times and made some decent progress this year. Next year, I plan on both practicing and playing more, and hopefully I can take it to the next level.

So, my best shot of the season. I wish it was a super long putt or hole out for birdie or something, but sadly, those kinds of things didn't happen for me in 2010. However, I did smoke a 5-wood farther than I ever have before in my life. It was a 540 yard par-5 and I hit my second shot 225 yards out of the rough in 50 degree weather. Everything felt perfect on that swing. I remember releasing all the tension in my arms right before making the backswing.

I hope I can start hitting them that well on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to 2011.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I have to update my previous post. My best shot of the year was this past Tuesday. Decided to jump out for a quick round before the huge rain storm blew and in and dropped temps into the low 40's for the foreseeable future. Hole #6, relatively short par 4 with water in front of the tee box and woods left side of fairway. Nailed my driver about 260 left-center fairway. Holed out 54° wedge for eagle from about 98 yards to front pin placement. What an amazing feeling, to watch the shot right off the club face... it never left the flag. Landed about 3 feet short, bounced onced, rolled, and disappeard. WHOO HOO!!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

For me it was on a Par 5 460. I was slicing my driver all day so I tee'd off with a 3 wood. Got it to carry to about 260 and hit a 4 iron in and greened it. Two putted for birdie. It felt so much better since it was two connecting shots. I haven't had TOOO many consecutive GOOD shots since I started playing this year.

Note: This thread is 4901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!