IGNORED

2010-2011 NBA season anyone?

golfro
Note: This thread is 4869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kobe won't be winning the regular season MVP. That title will be given to Durant.

Durant is my favorite non-Celtic in the league. I think within a year or two he'll be the best player too. He's got the game for it and more charisma than LeBron and Kobe.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huge Rondo fan. I don't mind the fact that he can't shoot well but not being able to make free throws really bothers me. He can take it inside and draw the contact but then fails to convert. Last year's horse contest with Durant and Rondo showed that Rondo can shoot from the perimeter and also that Durant has a beast of a stroke. Durant and Norwitzki both shoot so effortlessly, love watching both of them shoot.

« Keith »

• 2 weeks later...
Durants been a bit of a dissapointment so far... I know its still early but Thunders aren't really doing much too exciting.

now...CP3 and Rondo on the other hand...talk about MVP material right there.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I still follow the Knicks, since I never got off the Patrick Ewing, John Starks-dunking-over-Jordan bandwagon. Even getting Stoudamire, they'll be a sub .500 team. In the East, they can still make the playoffs with a record like that sadly...

I still follow the Knicks, since I never got off the Patrick Ewing, John Starks-dunking-over-Jordan bandwagon. Even getting Stoudamire, they'll be a sub .500 team. In the East, they can still make the playoffs with a record like that sadly...

Can I ask you a general Knicks/NY sports fan question?

Why do they think NY is the "Mecca" of basketball? I ask because the day of The Decision I had do drive from Delaware to Boston, and (since NY stations have very strong signals) we listened to a lot of NY sports talk. I kid you not, right up until the second LeBron said he was going to Miami NY sportspeople were SURE that he was going there, even though all other sports outlets were reporting Miami as his new home. Not to pile on the Knicks, but absolutely NOTHING even pushes them in the direction of being the "Mecca" of basketball. The easiest place to actually make the case for is MA. Basketball was invented here and we hold the most titles. But they were saying things like "LeBron's legacy would be nothing if he didn't go to NY" and stuff like that. Is is just a New York thing? 'Cause that's where I'm leaning. (And I have nothing against NY, I used to live there, it's a great place).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Lebron can be the savior of the so called Mecca and that in itself would be a legacy. It's not only a New York thing because the pros love playing here at MSG. Doesn't hurt that people like Kobe and Lebron drop a whole crap load of points while they are here.

If you guys took a Hollinger rankings, that thing is a crock load of sh!t. Marc Stein's rankings make much more sense. I think Hollinger uses a formula but its obviously VERY FLAWED.

Rondo for sure will not be in the MVP talk ever even though I'm a big fan of his. Chris Paul might be if his team keeps playing well. Not a big fan of CP3 since he is more suited for the regular season and not the playoffs. Deron Williams and Rondo are much better suited for the playoffs.

Utah Jazz to come back from 2 huge deficits against two of the top 3 teams in the east on back to back nights on the road shows talent isn't everything.

Sucks for Boston to have lost most of their bigs to injury. Doesn't really matter since they will make the playoffs easily. I'm hoping that the bigs can get to 100% by the playoffs. I see them matching up quite well with the Lakers in the Finals. KG/JO/Davis can match up with Odom/Gasol and Shaq/Perkins vs Bynum. Pierce vs Artest and Ray Allen vs Kobe. Rondo will make Derek Fisher a liability on defense though.

« Keith »

Can I ask you a general Knicks/NY sports fan question?

I think it's more the Mecca for sports. With the hustle and bustle of the NY and its diversity, you can almost say that about any sport, thanks to the NY Media.

Personally, as much as I am a New York fan of many of the teams, most of the fans and sports media here can be very delusional. New Yorkers like to complain about a lot of things with their teams. If the Yankees don't win 66% of their games (which by the way is 107 games, which is a spectacular record), people aren't happy. If Eli Manning throws 2 interceptions and loses a fumble, people call for his head. Even now people don't consider him an elite quarterback, and the Giants are one of the best teams in the NFC. With that said, NY has high expectations from its sports. With basketball, it's because a lot of the stars that play or played in the NBA either were born or grew up in the NY area. I mean if you played any team sports, wasn't it every little kid's dream to play for their hometown team and be the clutch player? Everyone dreams around here of playing an NBA championship series in the Garden. It's really more about the historic arena being the mecca of basketball, considering for years the Knicks were butt ends of jokes. So many of the youth players around here look up to players, and there's usually better support if the superstar is from their hometown. To give you an idea of how many good players were born in NY area, take a look at this link: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ry=US&state;=NY You have players like Kareem and Carmelo on this list. And a lot of the players that are from NY usually transfer to those high end prep schools, i.e. Oak Hill, so they can get better exposure to basketball scouts. With that, I'm looking forward to watching the Knicks, regardless of how bad or good they are. Sometimes its fun to watch a train wreck on the court.

• 2 weeks later...
gotta be the most hated team in all sports--who doesn't want to see them loose

Yea, haha. I was so glad to see Jameer Nelson do a little jawing with the Heat bench last night. You can tell the players in the league hate the Heat just as much as the fans do.

The only two people in the Heat organization I like are "Z" and Eric Spoelstra. I can't wait til they come to Cleveland and "Z" gets a standing ovation while LeBron gets absolutely hammered. I'm actually scared to go to the game. I like Spoelstra but he's in over his head trying to coach that team.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I think Miami is only a few losses away from having Riley step in. Wade and lebron are watching eachother play instead of playing together. They have horrible ball movement and have no teamwork. Bosh has been coming around and wade has disappeared which sucks since wade is the only one I like out of the trio. How about them Spurs? Resurgence of RJ and the other vets has been something.

« Keith »

• 2 weeks later...
Check out this article, especially the end: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-293762

In my bag:

Check out this article, especially the end:

That article was great, especially the rings comment. On the other hand, The Heat look to be playing much better, maybe starting to gel with eachother. 7 championships type of gel, I seriously doubt it. Lebron needs to grow up, shut his mouth and play.

Driver - VR str8 fit
3 wood - Burner 09
3 hybrid - Burner hybrid
Irons - VR split cavity S300 shaft
SW - CG15 56 degreeLW - VR forged 60 degreePutter - Studio select

Check out this article, especially the end:

Good find.

That article was great, especially the rings comment. On the other hand, The Heat look to be playing much better, maybe starting to gel with eachother. 7 championships type of gel, I seriously doubt it. Lebron needs to grow up, shut his mouth and play.

Gel'ing by dominating the inferior teams of NBA. Utah was the only win they actually earned and were tested in the 4th quarter. I can't imagine that Miami team beating Boston in a 7 game series unless Boston suffers some serious injuries.

« Keith »

I'm pretty sure that this year's finals will be the Celtics and Lakers again. Lakers are hurting now but when Bynum gets back into playing shape and into the flow of things they will be the team to beat in the West again.

Driver: VR STR8-FIT Tour *9.5
Woods: VR STR8-FIT Tour 3 *15, 5 *19
Irons: VR Full Cavity 4-AW
Putter: DF 990
Ball: Juice Plus 312

Originally Posted by ucla0011

Miami heat starting to look like the team many expected.

Only good win they have on the win streak is against the Utah Jazz where they managed to stop the bleeding in the 4th quarter and closed it out. The real test will come when they host the Mavs and then play the Lakers at Los Angeles.

Originally Posted by dr4k3

I'm pretty sure that this year's finals will be the Celtics and Lakers again. Lakers are hurting now but when Bynum gets back into playing shape and into the flow of things they will be the team to beat in the West again.

Boston's front court cannot be matched if they are healthy. KG and Perkins starting at the 4 and 5 then having Davis/J.O/Shaq on the bench. Was sad to see Tony Allen go since he was a good defender and an overall hustle player. Boston this year has been solid in closing out games except for the one game where Rondo missed a 3 for the game winner. They are shooting over .500 as a team and Ray Allen is shooting the 3 ball better than the past 2 years. KG has gotten his legs back as well.

Lakers are in a tough situation right now with Odom and Gasol playing the 4 and 5 for most of the game and logging a lot of minutes. IF Bynum stays healthy they should be fine but I think they need to shore up on their front lines if they want to beat the Celtics. Shannon Brown has found some range so that will be big in the playoffs.

« Keith »

Bunch of oldies in a blockbuster trade. Orlando just gained Arenas, J Rich, and Hedo. They have been slumping lately but this might light a fire in their asses and hopefully will be #2 in the East instead of those scrubs in Miami.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 4869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!