IGNORED

Bethpage Update

Note: This thread is 5079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Twilight now starts at 3:00PM.
Yellow course is the walk on course for this month.
Black is closed on Mondays.

Aeration:
Black was aerated earlier this month
Blue was aerated last week.
Red will be aerated this week.
Green will be aerated next week.

Got there around 2:10PM today expecting to play 18 holes before sunset but found out twilight started at 3:00PM so decided to wait for that. Heard from a friend that Red was in great shape and it did not disappoint. Got to play 17 holes before sunset at 6:20PM. Played 9 and 10 twice since the back 9 was a bit backed up due to a tournament.

« Keith »

• 2 weeks later...
Was thinking about going out next weekend to play Red. If it was indeed aerated this week it might not be too bad by next weekend. Sunset is now before 6 and next Sunday will be before 5 after the clock adjustment (they don't shift twilight to 2, do they?), so I think I'll pay full freight for an earlier time if I can snag one on the phone next week. BTW, do all of the courses close in mid November or just some of them? I know Black will but wasn't sure about the rest.

Sun sets a little after 6 right now so with the adjustment it would be setting very close to 5 and not before. They just recently moved the twilight start time from 4 to 3 so I doubt they'll do that but I am not 100% since I've never golfed Bethpage this late in the season. They only close Black from what I have heard. I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm the details.

« Keith »

I played blue and yellow during the winter last year. I remember red being closed.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well based on the long-range forecast for the weekend I might just pass on this weekend anyway. A little too cold (upper 40s) and windy (20 mph+) for my taste. I'll check the forecast again on Thursday but I'm not liking the way old man winter is starting to settle in. Bummer.

Note: This thread is 5079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!