IGNORED

Low Trajectory Ball for 90 mph Driver Speed

khale
Note: This thread is 4928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please recommend a low trajectory ball for 90 mph driver speed. The reason that I want a low trajectory ball is that I break my left wrist at impact (flipping) and as a result my ball trajectory is very high. I am hoping that a low trajectory ball will give me some extra distance.

In addition there are a few other requirements:
1. Under $25
2. Soft
3. Less spin for driver accuracy

I have been playing with the Srixon AD333 but thought there might be better balls out there.
Thanks,

Have you looked at the Bridgestone e7? They're $27, but it's just $2 more.

I would personally recommend checking out lostgolfballs.com. You'll find lots of threads with good reviews on this forum. It is one avenue to play a better ball at a lower price point.

What's in my Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag that sits on my Clic Gear 3.0 Push Cart:
Driver TaylorMade Tour Burner 10.5° Fujikura SuperFast Stiff
3W TaylorMade Burner 15° TM REAX Stiff
Hybrid Cobra Baffler Rail H 19° Fujikura Motore Stiff
Irons TaylorMade  R7 3-PWWedges Cleveland CG14 52°.10 and...

I break my left wrist at impact (flipping) and as a result my ball trajectory is very high.

Don't do that.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

the golf ball isn't going to make that much of a difference.

It's more about technique.....

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

If you're flipping, correct that first.

Second...if your clubhead (I'm assuming...because if your ball speed is 90 mph...no equipment's going to help much besides protein and a weight bench) speed is 90mph, you dont' want a ball that's going to go LOWER. At that speed, you want a high-launch, mid-level ball. You DON'T want a low-launch, tour ball because you're p*ssing away distance with that clubhead speed and a tour-performance, low-launch ball.

I would worry about your swing, then your equipment, THEN your ball.

The AD333 is a good ball. I've used some that I got from a buddy on days when the greens at my home course get soft. They fly a MILE, don't spin much, but feel good off the face. Stick with that ball and fix your swing.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

If you're flipping, correct that first.

He didn't say his ball speed is 90 mph, he said his

driver speed is 90. The assumption is that he's talking clubhead speed. When I did the Bridgestone ball fitting I was told that I was getting too much spin with the Nike PD soft off the driver.... over 5000 rpm. Switching to the E6 brought that down to under 3500 and a better trajectory (my SS is also in the 90-95 range). But the E6 isn't a soft ball by any means, so I don't know if there is a real cure for him just with a different ball, not if he is that particular about it being soft. Softer balls will usually spin more, and that results in a higher trajectory.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, I should say that my clubhead speed for the driver is 90 mph resulting in about 230 yards (roll+carry). Wow, Nike PD soft to E6 reduced your spin rate by 1500 rpm? I might try the E6. I have tried to correct my flipping habit but it is not easy.

I have about a 95 mph swing and I switched from the Pro V to the Bridgestone E7 and shot the best round of my life the next day. Lol, I know it sounds like a cheesy commercial, but it really happened. I would give the E7 a shot, what's the worst that can happen? My drives are like low rockets now, not nearly as high even with a 10.5 degree driver.

Scott

Note: This thread is 4928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!