IGNORED

Advice Please - MP52 owners do these look genuine or fake?

Ash1974
Note: This thread is 4908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the title says, watching these MP52's of Ebay, need to know if they look genuine or not?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mizuno-MP-52-I...#ht_500wt_1156

The grips are meant to be GP TV but cannot tell from the pics, also there seems to be a serial number on the ferrule, do Mizuno do this?

I have asked for more close up pics and asked if they are genuine and if he has the receipt from American Golf.

So will post the extra pics as soon as I get them (if I get them)

Fake or Real?

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Looks real to me

In my Rider Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 910D3 with Project X 6.0 45inch  (9.5)
FWs: Titleist 910F with Project X 6.0 (15 and 17)
HYB: FT-IZ (3)
Iron: MP-53 NS Pro 950 Stiff Flex (4-pw)Wedges: MP T-11 (50, 6), Tour Action 900 (54 deg), CG 15 (60, 8)Putter:SC Studio Select Newport 2.6 33inch

Had this mail back from him (I mailed him asking him for pictures etc)

Hi Ash, thanks for your mail. I understand your concerns, but I can assure you these are genuine. I'm not a trader or in this to make money, I genuinely made a mistake when i bought them. I used to have MX-25's with stiff graphite shafts, and so when i ordered the MP-52's from American golf I just ordered the same spec but steel instead of graphite. I just struggled with getting them in the air! I havn't kept the receipt, as i am an American Golf card holder so my purchases are recorded that way. John at American express Telford was the salesman.

I've just taken some photo's which hopefully will help. The grips are golf Pride, but have the mizuno logo on also, which makes them look a little different to standard golf pride.

Many Thanks.

He also sent me some more pics which I will upload when I get home.

I have also asked him for the serial number.

Got the number off the ferrule, spoke to my local Mizuno rep and he said Mizuno do not put serial numbers on their irons, the number on the ferrule is the build number apparently.

Anyway this guy bought them with his American Golf club card so I have asked him for this number as my local AG shop said they could print off a copy of the receipt, that will be as good as it gets

The rep doesn't know mizuno uses a serial number for clubs that are sold to the public? Find another rep. Mizuno like others doesn't put a serial number on clubs made to be demo models but retail sale models have serials on the hosel of the clubhead.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

The rep doesn't know mizuno uses a serial number for clubs that are sold to the public? Find another rep. Mizuno like others doesn't put a serial number on clubs made to be demo models but retail sale models have serials on the hosel of the clubhead.

Well this rep does work for American Golf LOL

When you say Hosel, you mean on the ferrule? as that is where the only number I can see in the pics, nothing on the hosel other than the "grain flow forged" The serial number he gave me is the one etched onto the ferrule of each club. I think they are legit so have bid on them

Ok bloke has come back to me and given me is AG club card number and his full address, with the purchase and delivery dates, so I am now satisfied they are genuine, but a few pics just so I can be 100%

These are what he sent me

interesting.....I have the 52s that I bought custom from the factory and they do not have a number on the ferrule. There is a serial number on the hosel of each club. I find it hard to believe that a Mizuno rep doesnt know that. I have never seen them marked like that but they may be marked different over in your neck of the woods.

In the bag:
G-15 9 degree with Proforce V2
Ping Anser V-2
MP-52 3-PW, JPX-800 Pros 3-PW
52-08, 56-11 Vokeys G-15 15.5 3W G-10 5W

Yeah I have an old MP32 6 iron and that has the number etched into the ferrule as well (dug it out and checked it yesterday)

The Mizuno rep is in fact one of the staff at AG, when I called back he said "well I fit for Mizuno" so he isn't a "rep" so to speak LOL

I bought the MP52s a while ago (from UK) and wondered why there was serial number on them to proof that they are legit. I called up Mizuno and they told me they wouldnt print serial numbers (on this specific) set - dont know about other items like drivers or so on. But i also dont have any number on the ferrule...

Why do you think they are not legit? The price of the 52´s came down quite a bit in the last few months, so you dont need to wonder if you get them on the cheap side - esp with as the S300 shaft. Tbh. i couldnt really tell from the pics (e.g. from the 8iron) if they are legit or not, but just look at his previous actions. He seems to be a casual "ebay golfer" and not a professional golf equipment seller.
There is a serial number on the hosel of each club.

Hmm - it seems that Mizuno doesnt have a proper policy on that. Did you buy your clubs in the US?

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Hmm - it seems that Mizuno doesnt have a proper policy on that. Did you buy your clubs in the US?

"

if the irons are stock off the shelf irons then they have the numbers under the grip on the shaft, if they are custom fitted then the numbers are on the ferrule " -http://www.mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t;=677 Custom fitted there means in this case (UK) that the club was made to custom fit in Mizuno's custom fitment factory in Cumbernauld, Scotland, as opposed to a stock Mizunos having it's length/lie adjusted in a golf shop. - http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/custom/index.php Effectively if American Golf, or a local shop near him did the length/lie adjustments then the serial is under the grip, like on 99% of Mizuno irons This guy seems very legit, and I don't feel you have anything to worry about personally. He's been a member since 2003 with 100% feedback across over 200 items in that time. I have bought all of my clubs to date through ebay, and as long as the guy seems genuine, has good feedback and your gut instinct is that he's a good honest guy, you shouldn't get any problems! Good luck on your bidding! I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new clubs...

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Well this thread is going a lot of different directions. Here in Florida the Mizunos I have came with serials etched into the hosel. Here is a pic of my 2010 MP-68 4i next to
a Demo version MP-60 6i with no serial. Good luck, to the OP i certainly didn't intend to add to your anxiety.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

We may well be dealing with an instance of legislation requiring a MFG to do different things for different markets???

"

Cool cheers, they were custom order (2deg up 1"long) so that confirms the number on the ferrule

Cheers all, I am happy enough now, just need to win the auction, currently on £210 and max bid for me of £250

Well I won them, £210

I cannot wait to hit these, I am going to pick them up from the seller as he lives near where I am working next week.

Cheers for you help folks.

Note: This thread is 4908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!