IGNORED

LPGA Tour Just Doesn't Get It

robertspages
Note: This thread is 6205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i feel very offended by your remarks against the LPGA Tour they are very talented and accomplished young women who practiced golf until thier hands blead and i am pretty sure that they're making money doing what they love regardless of their sexual prefernces and who are you to rag on them for that you are sounding a little like don imus my friend

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

i am very displeased with your comments about the LPGA tour. They are rude and quite frankly insensitive. Those women are very talented and driven and last i checked they're making money doing what they love. Do you play golf on a professional tour? They play great regardless of their sexual preferences. To me you are sounding a little like Don Imus

Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Personally, I dont see what the fuss is about. This guy has an oppinion on women's golf and that's his oppinion, which he is entitled to. To be honest, I dont completely disagree that the LPGA could be alot more popular if some girls chose to dress more provocatively.

However you cant simply alow only young hotties with average ability to play. You have to let the ones who qualify and earn their way play.

And you cant implement a dress code like skirts only, because I dont want to see Laura Davies in anything that doesnt go past her knee's.

As far as fashion goes alot of the women wear those lez pants or shorts (Annika) (Ochoa) (Lori Kane) and to be honest they look awful. Deep manish voice's are not uncommon either. The fact is there are probably alot of lesbian's and or closet lesbian's on the LPGA tour. I have no problem what so ever with this cuz the fact is, they can play. I dont discriminate. Though the LPGA may not be in trouble ratings wise, buddy has a point.. if there were 125 Paula Creamers/Gulbis's running around ratings would infact sky rocket. The fact is that will never happen because good female players arent always lookers.

If your talking about marketing then I believe they are infact changing the face of the LPGA with players like this. Gulbis, Creamer, Pressel, Wie, Kerr, Park, Pak, Lincicome. (Im 21 so I can comment on that age) I admitt I usually only watch when one of those mentioned are in contention.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

so what you are saying tis that the LPGA tour players should dress like *****s? You know it might be a good for male viewers. Then if they have nothing better to do they can beat off and watch golf at the same time

though being a guy myself it would be nice to watch some cute girls play golf
(they should not dress like "street walkers" though)

We are talking about ratings. Not what is morally right, politically right, or empowering for females. Should women be able to compete and do their jobs without attractiveness (that even a word?) being apart of it? Yes. Does that change the fact that it matters when we are talking about getting more people (including men) to watch? No. One reason that it is important, and I don't think it has been brought up, is that the women's game is different. They are very good but the game itself isn't sexy. It is like women's basketball. Strategy plays a bigger part than shear athletecism; Instead of guys jumping over everyone all the time, passing and taking good shots is more important. Guys want to watch something that is extrodinary. So either the game or the players better be exciting. Right or wrong, guys aren't interested in watching plain-looking women play ANYTHING.

I disagree, there's nothing sexier than a 5'9 20 yearold in a short pink skirt wacking a white ball as hard as she can with a stick. But thats just me.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Pretty much I agree with clubswinger on this one....

I don't give a hoot about their sexual orientation - let's be real here - does it matter? But men are the bulk of sports watchers, and as a friend of mine likes to say "all men are pigs".... so better looking women golfers = more "perceived" interest... just my humble 2 cents.

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

how about man-ika sorents-man ewwww.... she's got man arms

call me crazy but the brand of golf on the LPGA isn't bad and I don't mind watching it....but again I also watch the champions tour and nationwide...so go figure.
The thing I like about the LPGA is you get to see all the players in the field instead of the PGA...which if Tiger and Phil are playing....that's about all you see...is the two of them...regardless if they are in contention
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Unfortunately, my game is a lot closer to the LPGA than the PGA.... distance, club selection, etc. I am not sure I could drive it out there with Laura Davies and I know Michele would smoke me off the tee. But their iron game and wedge play is a lot more like mine than the PGA is.

I like to watch them because they manage to get the ball in the hole with limited firepower off the tee...

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

But if golf's not all that putterboy watches, I'll be sure to let him know as well. ;)

I am only ever admiring the golf played in the LPGA

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

• iacas changed the title to LPGA Tour Just Doesn't Get It
Note: This thread is 6205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!