IGNORED

My Swing (MikeLowry5)

MikeLowry5
Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if these are sufficient or not. My first time using Insta-Pro and not real happy with the quality.

Driver Side View
http://theinsta-pro.com/club/topic/16275/

Driver DTL
http://theinsta-pro.com/club/topic/16274/

8 Iron Side View
http://theinsta-pro.com/club/topic/16277/

8 Iron DTL
http://theinsta-pro.com/club/topic/16276/

Let me know what you think or if you can help me post them so no one has to use the links.

Thanks!

swing looks good

work on moving your hands arms and shoulder all in one motion

this will create a bigger back swing because of more shoulder turn and in return more distance

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Your swing looks very very good, but I'm guessing you don't get the power you probably should with a swing that good. I'm guessing that because your feet are so close together that I can't imagine you're getting very much weight transfer through the swing. Perhaps the stack & tilt devotees on here will disagree, since wiehgt transfer seems to be de-emphasized in that swing philosophy, but regardless it might be a good idea to get those feet a bit further apart.

-Andrew

60: 95-100
56: 110
50: 115-120
PW: 135-140
9i: 150-155 (odd gap between this and PW I know)
8i: 160-165
7i: 170-175
6i: 185-190
5i: 195-205 (Again, greater dispersion)
4Hy: 210-215 yds
3Hy: Approx 230-240yds (more of an educated guess)
3W: 250-270 est (again I have not clocked this enough to know, Don't really use it to hit greens at 275yds out!)
10.5: 270-285 ish (obviously has the most distance dispersion. Longest 345yds (downhill), 320yds on flat lie, shortest, 5yard top!

All distances shown are based off of peak season weather. Obviously not hitting the ball these distances consistently in 50° weather at the moment.

I recently made a swing change to become more centered with a flatter backswing. Since moving to the flatter backswing my misses have turned from pushes and hooks to slices and the occasional pull (see OTT move at transition). I make very good contact with the ball with great distance control, my misses are left and right. This is most pronounced off of the tee. To be able to start getting into the 70's and become more consistent I have to be able to get off the tee without penalty.

Any thoughts on how to improve are welcomed.

Sorry buddy, I ain't visitin' some weird site to view your swing. That's why God invented YouTube right?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Thank you for announcing the inner thoughts of your mind to the internets.....

I think the point is that the rules of this forum ask that you post your videos to YouTube or a similar site and you've not done that. People don't want to click through to some other site that can't or won't let its videos be embedded, so you're not going to get nearly the feedback you want.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the point is that the rules of this forum ask that you post your videos to YouTube or a similar site and you've not done that. People don't want to click through to some other site that can't or won't let its videos be embedded, so you're not going to get nearly the feedback you want.

I would agree with that point. I was disappointed with the Insta-Pro as I thought it would allow me to download the video to a desktop then post it.

Mike,
I had a similar thought to an earlier poster - your swing is better than your index! You look to have too much weight back in your heels and that causes the clubhead to get too far inside the hands at waist high going back. Try to get your weight more on the ball of each foot and while the arms can travel deep/inside don't let that clubhead get too far inside in the early part of the backswing.
Other than that looks good!
Andrew Rice
www.andrewricegolf.com
www.itsallaboutimpact.com

Thanks for the reply!

I agree that the hands go too far inside which starts with my set up. Just last night someone introduced me with something called, "the light drill" which has a shaft with two lasers on it that I make a swing with while keeping the laser along the line of my alignment sticks the entire time. This forced me to bring the clubhead back on a straighter line while doing it.

About a year ago I started working on getting my hands closer to my body and in a more hanging position. I believe this has been over exagerrated (sic) where my set up needs some work getting my hands the correct distance away from my body as well as not so much bend at the waist. Once I bring my lower body up it does put the weight back to the balls of my feet.

I'll post a better video next week with some progress on my set-up.

Thanks for the reply!

You are standing too close to the ball. Widen your stance (about shoulder width apart with irons, little wider with driver) Your left hand grip is too strong which evokes the tendency to have too much forearm rotation on the takeaway. The club then gets flat on the backswing and behind you which causes you to lift the club to the top. From there the natural instinct is to have a steep downswing. Your misses must be a slice or a pull. The main thing for you is to weaken your left hand grip and standing a little further from the ball. Then on the takeaway you should feel like your left hand is reaching into your left pocket while keeping the clubhead outside the hands. In other words work on taking the club more straight back instead of getting it stuck behind you.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

You are standing too close to the ball.

I agree with above. Standing a bit farther from the ball, as well as more over the balls of your feet will encourage a proper takeaway of the hands and club. Wouldn't hurt to widen your stance and get in a more athletic setup position in general. Work to bring your hands closer to your left hip, keeping the clubhead outside of your hands (opposite of current).

Good timing and rhythm, swing can only get better.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Here is an updated video which should be of better quality although not great. It is also on youtube which should help.

This is of a few 8i shots I took last night. Was not swinging well however both balls were well struck in both views. My focus has been working on my set up position as well as working on keeping the clubhead outside of my hands longer. As you can see I still have work on getting the club working back with the head to the outside. Additionally there is more lateral movement with the change as well as head movement that I would like to cut out. As of now setting up this way is foreign and uncomfortable to me so the movement may minimize or go away as I become more comfortable with more control over my body throughout the swing.

Questions, comments, and hate mail are welcome!

Lots of good things with your golf swing. Forward swing much better than the backswing.
Your right arm appears to go out away from your body as you initiate the backswing, and left arm goes in, behind you. Clubhead gets behind your hands early on the backswing (looks a bit like Tiger's backswing with Haney)

Take a look at the "deep hands" thread.
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...ands-Explained

Forward swing--I really like. Really nice leg and hip movement to initiate the forward swing.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!