IGNORED

Titleist 910 Drivers

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just picked it up...D3 8.5*, Project X shaft.  Set to B2...although I may change that.

Of course my curse continued, if I demo a club I hit it like a pro...as soon as I buy it I suck.  I think this time I believe I was trying a bit hard, I didn't feel relaxed...plus it was 27degF and snowing.

Craig

Ok...I figured out why I can hit this thing.  They gave me the Project X 7A3 shaft instead of the 7C3 shaft.  I don't have the swing speed for a 7.0 shaft.  I was wondering why everything was going right even w/the most draw setting.

Back to the range tomorrow..

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajschn06

I really hate the idea of "adjustable  clubs".  Even the older TM ones with the adjustable weights, just don't like it.  The 909 Drivers aren't adjustable are they?

Any particular reason why you hate the idea of adjustable clubs or are you just going to say you don't like it without any explanation?

because he has no idea how this adjustability works or how any other adjustable drivers work

just a guess...... ;)

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I got fit to a 910 D2 today at Golfsmith and I must say, I thought the 'Ahina shaft was good but the RIP shaft felt even better and my results were great when compared to my Diablo Edge Tour. The shaft makes all the difference and the shaft I am going with got my side spin rates down from 1600 to an average of 200... I was really surprised and I also got my ball flight back to where I can work the ball when I position myself correctly unlike the Callaway.

Titleist 910 D2

My setting is A1!

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

• 3 weeks later...
I picked up a D2 yesterday with Diamana Kaili 70 Stiff with standard setup. The fitting was done at the range for an hour with a titliest certified fitter and it was an awesome session. I hit about 100 balls ( it was too much for me ) with the combinations of D2 / D3 with the RIP / Project X / Fujikura Montore / Diamana Kaili . RIP and Kaili gave the better result . Then the fitting was just focus on D2 / D3 with these 2 shafts , with differed loft / lie / open n close degree. As the Kailli is the better shaft , try again with D2 / D3. From the launch monitor , D2 with Kailli is the out right winner With the launch angle of 11 and spin of 2600. My club head speed was registered at 102mph. Distance from the monitor : 237m carry and 28 m roll . Can't wait to go to the course to try it out . Btw , is there any difference with the Kalli shaft ? Some with 63 / 72 , and some with 60/70/80 ? The up charge for the Kailli is kinda breaking my bank , but what the heck!
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

If the result is good , will be getting the F and H too !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by Arsenal8807

I got my side spin rates down from 1600 to an average of 200...

Titleist 910 D2

My setting is A1!

Say What?!

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Yep thats right! I was super shocked and almost bought it on the spot lol..

I did go with the D3 though, I went in to Edwin Watts and I thought I might want to hit the D3 and see how it is compared to the D2 and sure enough I liked it and I really like the smaller shape. 10/14 fairways this Sunday.

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

I did go with the D3 though, I went in to Edwin Watts and I thought I might want to hit the D3 and see how it is compared to the D2 and sure enough I liked it and I really like the smaller shape. 10/14 fairways this Sunday.

I think Delav thought you said backspin. I did at first, and I was about to tell you how crazy 200 rpms of backspin was.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

I think Delav thought you said backspin. I did at first, and I was about to tell you how crazy 200 rpms of backspin was.

Absolutely.  There is that early morning brain-fog kicking in.  Makes sense now.

To Arsenal - How different were your launch angle, backspin and side spin stats between the D2 and D3.  I too prefer the shape/look of the D3.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

My angles were pretty similar maybe 1 or .8 degrees lower in the D3, however my setting is on D3 or A3 depending on wind.

Side Spin was a little lower, not a huge difference and so was backspin.

I really love my driver now that I finally got fit with a shaft that works with my swing. I have the RIP (alpha) version in mine and it feels perfect to me, not whippy at all and its stiff but it flexes controllably and its pretty darn stable IMO. I hit 312 on Sunday and my driving average went up 11 yards from 284 to 295 since changing and also I'm hitting A LOT more fairways!

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I hit a good selection and would have loved to buy the D3 as I love the look, but I hit the D2 much better and the stock Kailli was a stand out. I now just have to getting my setting figures out. A1 gives me strong draw with lower ball flight with lots of run. I may give C4 a try and see if total distance goes up.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Launch monitors are just a selling point IMO. I have hit several that say 4k miles long with a slight draw and buy it and be totally unhappy. If you cant demo it on the range then it is trial and error and may as well  buy used on a forum. The best thing that a launch monitor does is give a semi accurate spin rate and swing path. I have spent thousands trusting multiple swing monitors and been disappointed 99% of the time.  just my .02 thats not worth .01 and I owned a launch monitor that I believe held my progress back!

Sorry for the negative post (but honest). Just joined and seen this thread on the current topic tab.... Great forum and happy to join

I purchased a 910 D2 driver which i got just before christmas, i have been hitting titleist for a number of years before a brief change to taylor made, i have had the 907 D2 AND THEN THE 909 D2, with the v2 shaft 76g stiff, both drivers were unreal for me so i was very excited when the 910 was advertised first, after hitting few balls in range i was not surprised v2 shaft was best fit again and the D2 head in 9.5 degree...BAD news is i have not played a full round or had full session in the range with out a series of snap hook, changing loft and fade angles did not help this, like another post i read the hit off the face is very dead, even on D2 which should flight nice and high, also the face has marked already, and has scratched a little, wet range balls and winter golf doing this mostly, im a 2 handicapper and it has ruined each round i have played...i borrowed a friends 909 last round and screamed it off the tee all day so its not a swing issue, 910 feel and ball flight for me does not compare to 909 and ill be getting rid of 910 pretty soon....

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!