IGNORED

Penta Practice

Note: This thread is 4884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys!

I picked up some Penta practice balls yesterday at Edwin Watts and I must say playing the Penta earlier in the season was pretty nice, granted I was not that good but I've improved 10 strokes lol..

Anyways,
These balls feel identical to the non practice version and I will probably be gaming these for as long as I can.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

I didn't know they had the Penta practice balls at Edwin Watts. I play those but was thinking of buying some from lost golfballs to put in my shagbag. I will get these instead since they are marked. Best golf ball I have played.

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

How much are the practice version? I was looking around the local Japanese golf store...they call the Penta the "Taylormade FIVE" for 5 layer ball and man they were expensive like $60 a dozen after the exhange rate...I can snag em on base for $41 tax free at the BX
sunmountain.gifC-130 Bag
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 8.5 Fubuki 73x Stiff 45"
ping.gifG15 4W 17.0 X-Stiff ping.gifS-56 3-PW Project X 6.5 ping.gifTour S 52, 56, 60 S300
cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2.0 34"
bushnell.gifTour V2

Practice version is $29.99, regular version is $45.99

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

I just saw they started selling them. I only buy practice pro v1s and I've been very happy with them. No difference at all and much cheaper in my experiences. I'm probably going to pick up some penta practice next spring. It is the only ball I've used that I liked as much as the pro v1. They just feel really good with the putter.

Brian

I am convinced they are the same ball with "practice" printed on them. I don't think they are blemished or rejects at all. I think it's a market stratification. I don't think people can afford Pentas will stock up on the practice versions, but people who might otherwise buy NXT, etc., will get them. I think the deal is the same with the ProV1. Rich baller guys won't be caught dead with a 'practice' ball, so the ProV1 market is safe from cannibalization. Same for the Pentas.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Well I played today and it was a pretty good round by my standards but I could have broken 80 and should have.

The Penta practice stayed in play the entire 18 holes and I switched between two balls out of one sleeve and they held up pretty well. The way the ball plays is the exact same as a regular Penta.

I'm bagging these for good!

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Note: This thread is 4884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!