IGNORED

Will Americans wins 3 or more Majors in 2011?

birdiedream
Note: This thread is 4860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Americans win 3 or more Majors in 2011?

• Yes, Dustin Johnson and Americans won't choke again
    • No, the Euros will dominate again
    • Not sure, there are too many variables

I would like to see a split.

Phil
Anthony Kim
Ian Poulter
Rory Mcilrory

I don't care who wins what. I like diversity and prefer that no one tour/country dominates. Golf is a world wide sport and it's victors should represent that. It is good for the game of golf.

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Black View Post
I would guess Americans win 2 or 3, but if we win 2 that's not "domination" by the Euros. Not to mention you missed 5 other continents and the rest of North America. Louis Oothuizen in from Africa, after all.

I don't know too many golfers from Antarctica, or South America.

South Africa is a former British colony so golf is pretty big their but not in the rest of Africa. Europe, Asia and Australia all fall under the umbrella of the European tour so they're Europeans. The American's will probably win the U.S Open, a European will probably win the Open. It's a toss-up between the other two. I'm calling 3-1 to Europe.

Cabrera - heard of him? Agentina - why not make it part of Europe too!

Adam Scott will win The Masters, Louis Oothuizen the US Open, Ryo Ishikawa The Open and Jason Day the PGA - so that is US 0 and Europe 0...

• Upvote 1

Driver: Nakashima 10.5 degree
3 Wood: 15 degree F2
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree
Irons: MP-58, 4-9 iron
Wedges: Vokey sm 47.06, 53.08, 58.08Putter: studio select 2.5Ball: Pro Vx : Warren Golf Club 73.6 : 146

Clearly I'm biased cause I'm an Aussie I'd say at least one will go to an aussie

Day would be my first pick but Scott and Ogilvy have the ability to win too..

Based on watching both tours equaly I'd say 1 to the US (Tiger, Phil or Dustin), 2 to Europe (Westwood, Rory or Harrington) and 1 to "other" (see above)

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

I really do think that Tiger will come back strong and will take 2 majors (the Masters and US) and I think DJ can put it together and win one as well so thats 3/4 for the Americans.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!