IGNORED

Cliff Lee is a Philly

breakout89
Note: This thread is 4839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by clubchamp

Lee was really smart in taking the phillies contract if you think about it... if he takes a 7 year deal you figure 4 or 5 solid years and then he's probably being traded so why not take the 25 million a year over the 22 million a year. He's 37-38 when his contract is up and if he want's to continue he can pick where he goes.

To be honest, Lee doesn't strike me as the guy who would split hairs over $22 and $25 mil. He went to Philly because he likes it better.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Blanton is a long shot to stay on the roster and Happ was traded to get Oswalt last summer.

You are absolutely correct about Happ...not sure what I was thinking there.  Still with the 3 Aces that they have, I can't think of another team that has this type of rotation outside of the Braves when they had Smoltz, Glavine and Avery.  Except they have four big starters...being a Mets fan, I am certainly not looking forward to it, but from a baseball side of things, it should be interesting.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn07 View Post

Quote:

Blanton is a long shot to stay on the roster and Happ was traded to get Oswalt last summer.

You are absolutely correct about Happ...not sure what I was thinking there.  Still with the 3 Aces that they have, I can't think of another team that has this type of rotation outside of the Braves when they had Smoltz, Glavine and Avery.  Except they have four big starters...being a Mets fan, I am certainly not looking forward to it, but from a baseball side of things, it should be interesting.

I hope so!! The way my luck has been i will go to about 10 games this summer and Kendrick 7 times!!

My hope is Charlie doesn't over use the starters and get plenty of rest for Utley, Rollins and Howard. I would like to see them play 140 games each. Winning 95 games doesn't do anything different then winning 105. it is all about October and early november

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by clubchamp

Lee was really smart in taking the phillies contract if you think about it... if he takes a 7 year deal you figure 4 or 5 solid years and then he's probably being traded so why not take the 25 million a year over the 22 million a year. He's 37-38 when his contract is up and if he want's to continue he can pick where he goes.

To be honest, Lee doesn't strike me as the guy who would split hairs over $22 and $25 mil. He went to Philly because he likes it better.

Oh I agree to an extent but he would split hairs over 25 mil and being on the phillies staff to 22 mil and being on the rangers staff. I don't think the yanks ever had a shot at him without offering him something totally outrageous.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

• 1 month later...

2.5 weeks till pitchers and catchers....yea baby maybe we'll make it through this rotten freakin winter yet!!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 4839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!