IGNORED

Brittany Lincicome to play Hooters Tour event

RemyM
Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Brittany Lincicome fresh off her 3rd place finish (1 under 71) against 12 guys in a Moonlight Tour event will tee it up this week on the Hooters Tour (no jokes needed).  Apparently she is just bored and wants to play some competitive golf.  It's a three round event 1/11-13 at Deer Island Golf Club in Tavares, FL.

She averaged 276 off the tee last year.

8:06 am 1 Lincicome, Brittany - Seminole, FL
Sucher, Zack - Mobile, AL
Whitby , Jay - Wyoming, DE

Results can be seen here http://ngawinter.tourgolfscores.com//gscode/tlist.cfm ?

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think that's awesome. What better way to get ready for the LPGA tour than with some competative rounds. I'm a big fan of Brit's (wish she would be a little more consistant) and think this is a good way to build her game.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Should be interesting.  Deer Island will be playing over 7000 yards, so she will be at quite a distance disadvantage.  I'm not familiar with the course, but my guess is that 9-12 under will win.  I could be very wrong, but I doubt she will be in the hunt.

I guess Lincicome should stick to the LPGA. The leader after the first round today shot 64 (-8).  Lincicome could only shoot a 74 (+2), and didn't make the cut, which was at -1.  Although it was only one day, my feeling is that this pretty much shows the quality of men's golf being played, even on the mini-tours.

Might also provide some insight to those people who think that, after a year or two of quality practice, they can go from a 10 handicap to the Nationwide tour. Good luck with that.

I saw an interview with her on Golf Channel.  She said it was strange hitting hybrids on par 3's and hit more 4 and 5 irons then she normally would have to.  She did outdrive one of her playing partners on the 18th hole on Tuesday though.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah I wonderd about that when I saw she was playing 7,000 yards...even driving the ball 276 she will be hitting at least two more clubs into each green and the par three's on that long of a golf course are going to be loooooooong.  When she hits it 276 on the LPGA she is proabably hitting short to medium irons into greens on a regular basis and the par 3's are not as long...good for her trying it though and now when she plays the LPGA it will seem like a business executive course...oh maybe I should not have said that

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I have no problem with her playing on the Hooters Tour.  If anything, it's probably good for the Hooters Tour, as one of her playing partners said, it brings some extra people to watch.  I think it's a great idea to get ready for the up coming season.  Nothing to lose and the tour gains from her populairty.  Good on her.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Good for her. Sounds like a great way to keep her 'sharp' kind of like the womens olympic hockey team playing against lower level mens teams for practice.

It too bad she didn't do better as I like the LPGA and would like see it get some more respect. One thing about watching the LPGA is that its not like a different world. I hit my drives about as far as most of the gals do and hit the same irons etc. I can relate to their game much better.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Originally Posted by 2bGood

Good for her. Sounds like a great way to keep her 'sharp' kind of like the womens olympic hockey team playing against lower level mens teams for practice.

It too bad she didn't do better as I like the LPGA and would like see it get some more respect. One thing about watching the LPGA is that its not like a different world. I hit my drives about as far as most of the gals do and hit the same irons etc. I can relate to their game much better.

AND most of them ain't bad to look at.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!