IGNORED

Golfers Elbow Pain???? Help????

Chicago Seminole
Note: This thread is 4836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My dad had a very similar situation. He played off a sore elbow for a whole season. I helped him fix it entirely by recommending the ice pack. Get one of those easy reusable soft plastic deals, and ice it as often as you can throughout the day, ESPECIALLY after using your elbow. Tendons are the slowest healing parts of our whole body, so be patient.

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

Just an update on my recovery:

I haven't been doing any serious golf swinging in about 10 days.

My elbow feels better from last week, and I'm able to move objects and grab everyday things with my right arm without feeling any pain.

But I tried my push-test (mentioned in my last posting) with my left and right arms just now, and felt a stiffness inside the base of my right forearm near the elbow.  Since I still feel some stiffness I'm going to continue holding off on swinging until the stiffness goes away.  I plan to test again in a few days.

This makes me realize a tricky thing about an elbow tendon injury - even though you don't feel pain from everyday use,  it doesn't mean the tendons and ligaments are fully healed.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

You should def look into finding an ART (active release techniques) provider, will more than likely be a chiropractor or maybe a LMT. Anyway it is a technique that is strictly for soft tissue problems. A good provider can more than likely have you pain free with in 6-8 visits maybe up to 12. Check out activerelease.com it will give you a better idea about what it is instead of me explaining it to you in detail. They also have a find a provider link at the top of the page so you may be able to find one near you. If you want to let me know where you are located I may even be able to suggest someone.

Kirk

Originally Posted by 1puttit

Working Links for the Flexbar

Golfer's elbow

http://www.hygenicblog.com/2009/09/29/reverse-tyler-twist-with-the-thera-band-flexbar-for-golfers-elbow/

http://info.thera-bandacademy.com/flexbarelbowmedial

Tennis Elbow

http://info.thera-bandacademy.com/flexbarelbow

Looks too simple to work but it really does. For $20 bucks what do you have to lose?

I just received a red Flexbar from Amazon ($14 + free shipping with my Prime account).  My right elbow was doing better but still not at a point where I can swing a club.  I'll try this red Flexbar for a few days and report back on the results...

2011 Goals:
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

I sufferd a golfing/tennis elbow last year (I had pain on the outside of my right elbow).

For me, streching helped the best of all, which I found at this site:

http://tennisarm.ch/

There's an english version at the bottom of the page, those few stretchings and time solved my problem.

Nowadays I'm doing the stretches nearly after every range session, and it helps to prevent the comeback of the pain.

greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

You may have to go to something like this for your golf shafts: http://www.aerotechgolfshafts.com/

Aerotechs are a graphite core shaft wrapped in tiny steel fibers and they have heavier weights and low torque.

I had tennis elbow and went to these for about 3 years. Since then, I've gone back to Nippon Steel Shafts since I have no pain. Instead of practicing full swing, practice short game - putting and chipping did not hurt me.

I would use ibuprofen, analgesic cream, and light exercise and stretching.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by squaddie

I just received a red Flexbar from Amazon ($14 + free shipping with my Prime account).  My right elbow was doing better but still not at a point where I can swing a club.  I'll try this red Flexbar for a few days and report back on the results...

I've been using the red flexbar for a week.  Only used it 3 times so far, as I don't try the exercises every day, and skipped using the bar on Sunday due to a workout at the gym.

My golfer's elbow is not fully healed, yet.  But so far using the red flexbar, I don't think the bar is contributing to pain or delaying the healing process. While using the flexbar I can feel the strain of the injury on the inside of the affected elbow, which tells me I'm still healing, but after the exercises I don't feel any pain or stiffness.

I'll continue another week with the flexbar and report back...

2011 Goals:

Ice it! Apply an ice pack or a bag of ice after you use your arm, and apply it for only a short period of time (5-15 min.)  Be patient, the ice will work.

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

Quote:

I've been using the red flexbar for a week.  Only used it 3 times so far, as I don't try the exercises every day, and skipped using the bar on Sunday due to a workout at the gym.

My golfer's elbow is not fully healed, yet.  But so far using the red flexbar, I don't think the bar is contributing to pain or delaying the healing process. While using the flexbar I can feel the strain of the injury on the inside of the affected elbow, which tells me I'm still healing, but after the exercises I don't feel any pain or stiffness.

I'll continue another week with the flexbar and report back...

Try doing 10 reps or so every day. I just left mine in the bathroom and would do 10-15 reps while the shower warmed up. Easy way to get in a daily routine.

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

• 2 weeks later...

Another update after 16 days:

Over a week ago I noticed my arm didn't seem worse, but also didn't seem any better. I was using the flexbar every other day, but also doing exercises at the gym once a week on the upper body, which appeared to be stressing my elbow (due to the pressure of my grip).

So I decided to stop doing anything to put pressure on my elbow, including not using the flexbar.  I still used my arm for common daily activities, just avoiding putting any major strain on it.

After going a week without any pressure on the arm seems to be working great. I'm going to wait another week, then try the flexbar again just to see how my elbow tolerates it. In addition to the red flexbar I also bought the 15lb flexbar model (the green one) just to see how it compared, so I will try that one next.

If I can do the flexbar and not feel any stiffness then I think I will be good to go for swinging a club again (fingers crossed).  Until next week...

2011 Goals:

Note: This thread is 4836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!