IGNORED

I bought a road bike!

Ben
Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Making me jealous......................................have not been able to ride in 3 weeks, recovering from a heart attack.  Doc orders to ride the trainer...........hate it!!

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by avmech

Making me jealous......................................have not been able to ride in 3 weeks, recovering from a heart attack.  Doc orders to ride the trainer...........hate it!!

Yikes man, hope you heal up! Nothing worse than riding a trainer. 15 minutes feels like you just took 10 hours to do a century. lol. I have always wanted to test out one of those virtual trainers though. Ever tried that?

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the bug hasn't left me, and has actually grown larger. I've been on an eBay frenzy looking for Campy parts, and recently completed the upgrade. Went from a 9-speed Shimano Sora group to 10-speed Campagnolo Chorus/Record group on my Bianchi! Got out twice this week. My normal 19mi loop on Wednesday and then hit PCH for 30 miles on Friday. Pacific Coast Highway is a bear from Malibu to Ventura. Northbound is practically all uphill and always into a brisk headwind. I made sure that was the first half. Such a bear.

Anyone else here on Strava? Here's me: http://app.strava.com/athletes/60631

Friday's PCH ride:

Originally Posted by CPFitness

Avid cyclist here.  Just got back a month ago from a NYC to Joplin, Mo loaded tour to raise money for charity.  You can see where I went at www.cycleforjoplin.com and www.facebook.com/cycleforjoplin  I wore loudmouth golf shorts for virtually the entire trip!  They caught wind of what I was doing and they actually sent out a couple more pairs to me.  Really great guys!

This was a 20 day tour to raise money to build storm shelters and to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of the Tornado

This was my first loaded tour, normally I'm riding my road bike.  I don't race but I have a few friends who do and I do some aggressive training rides with them.  Average pace is usually around 23mph with 50-100 riders so definately benefitting from the draft.

That's a pretty amazing feat! How many miles a day did that work out to? How much time in the saddle/day too?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

Well, the bug hasn't left me, and has actually grown larger. I've been on an eBay frenzy looking for Campy parts, and recently completed the upgrade. Went from a 9-speed Shimano Sora group to 10-speed Campagnolo Chorus/Record group on my Bianchi! Got out twice this week. My normal 19mi loop on Wednesday and then hit PCH for 30 miles on Friday. Pacific Coast Highway is a bear from Malibu to Ventura. Northbound is practically all uphill and always into a brisk headwind. I made sure that was the first half. Such a bear.

Anyone else here on Strava? Here's me: http://app.strava.com/athletes/60631

Friday's PCH ride:

That's a pretty amazing feat! How many miles a day did that work out to? How much time in the saddle/day too?

1500 miles over 20 days.  saddle time was 8-13 hours most days.  we did a lot more night riding than planned! lol  at one point we had a 7 day stretch where we went 92, 94, 97, 25, 100, 100, 92.  pretty crazy in hindsight!  I'm also on strava as username cpfitness and I had my garmin with me on the tour so you can see all the stats.  it was back in late april through the first 2.5 weeks of may

Originally Posted by CPFitness

1500 miles over 20 days.  saddle time was 8-13 hours most days.  we did a lot more night riding than planned! lol  at one point we had a 7 day stretch where we went 92, 94, 97, 25, 100, 100, 92.  pretty crazy in hindsight!  I'm also on strava as username cpfitness and I had my garmin with me on the tour so you can see all the stats.  it was back in late april through the first 2.5 weeks of may

That's really bitchin'! Like you're own Grand Tour! Must have lost a pound or two over that period of time I'd imagine...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by CBO

The Bianchi looks very happy with the campy parts Ben :)

Looks like you have some great scenery for riding over there!

Thanks!

And yeah, Southern California certainly isn't the worst place in the world to ride, or golf, or most things for that matter... :)

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my new ride.  Raleigh Technium 440. Got it for $135. Just picked it up a week ago.  First ride I went 9 miles.  Yesterday I went for 13 miles, averaged 14.1 mph.  I am really excited to have found a hobby that should help me lose some weight and stay in shape.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I have a Specialized Allez and a Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Got back in to riding about 2 years ago and have done 2 Metric Centuries and a real one. The Metric was harder though....62 miles and 8,000 feet of climbing....ouch!

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/bigbadwulff/2011-06-24_16-49-14_2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/bigbadwulff/2012-01-28_09-54-20_680.jpg[/IMG]

OK. I give up. How do you get pics to show here?

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

Nice to see more and more cyclists springing up!

Originally Posted by Willie Malay

I have a Specialized Allez and a Cannondale Caffeine 29er Lefty. Got back in to riding about 2 years ago and have done 2 Metric Centuries and a real one. The Metric was harder though....62 miles and 8,000 feet of climbing....ouch!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

OK. I give up. How do you get pics to show here?

There's a little button on the toolbar above "Insert Image"

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

All these new bikes make my 20 year old Shimano (top of the line at the time) look totally useless.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by Yukari

All these new bikes make my 20 year old Shimano (top of the line at the time) look totally useless.

yeah, technology certinaly moves things along! Some of the clubs I used in the 90s...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...

Killer. I love biking. I have a mountain bike, and it takes me lotsa places. Low impact, good cardio, all exercise!

taylormade.gif Burner Superfast 1.0: 10.5* Driver, 15* 3-wood

adams.gif a5OS Hybrid/Irons Set: 3h-5h, 6-PW

adams.gif "Tom Watson Classic" Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*
taylormade.gif Est 79 TM-770 Putter, "Fontana" Pattern

xFIXx

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Willie Malay

Just ordered this:

Specialized Tarmac Elite Rival Mid-Compact

Nice, very sexy! I wanted the SL4 frame for a long time but it's so damn expensive! Tarmac SL4 PRO is like 5500, yikes! The frame alone is 3gs

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

You aren't going to believe this. Whole bike. Brand new: $1850! Had a recent $1,000 price drop. End of year. Maybe new model coming? Fuji Gran Fondo taking a bite out of sales?

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

You aren't going to believe this. Whole bike. Brand new: $1850! Had a recent $1,000 price drop. End of year. Maybe new model coming? Fuji Gran Fondo taking a bite out of sales?

Nice! What components?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!