IGNORED

Titleist 680 and Nike blades

Note: This thread is 6031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im looking for new irons after i got rid of my CG1 black pearls because i didnt like the shape of them, a little to long heal to toe for my liking. now, its between the nike blades and the rac mb tp. but on the titleist i came across the 680. but it is listed un 2005 models. and my question is, would i still be able to custom order the 680, as they are listed as custom order only. and my other question, for those that have hit the nike blades, how are they? how is the trajectory? im looking for a low trajectory, with a CG that is high and close to the face. thanks

adam

Hey, Ive never hit the CG1 but I have hit the nike blades, very hard to hit unless you strike the ball very very well. Tiger i believe is the only one on the NIKE team who plays those irons, most if not all the others play the pro combo tour's. BUT ive never seen you play or know how your iron play is.....I own the titleist 755 and they work like a blade with that lil extra forgiveness also you might want to look into the 690 cb i believe or the Taylor made tp's
maybe even the mizuno MP line. i hear those are very crisp and easy to hit for a blade type club. Go check out a demo day coming to your town or one close soon and hit those NIKE blades and see what you think.

Hope this helps. Sorry if i was a lil negitive but its a lot of money on new irons.

B

B.Nichols
10.2 HCP
Playing for 1.5 years on a once a week basis.

SasQuatch 9.5 SasQuatch 3 wood 15*755 Irons 3-PW +1 Inch 2* upright Vokey 52*Vokey Spin Milled 56* 10 Bounce CG10 60* XG9 ( Phil Replica)TP Black

my iron play is probably the best part of my game. im not worried about forgiveness. as a matter of fact, im looking for a very unforgiving iron, as i want to know when i make a mistake. i have hit the nike 9 and 6 blade at a demo day, i liked it very much. but it was the only iron i hit that day and so i didnt have anything to compare the trajectory with on that day. the only thing that is keeping me from getting them is the fact that they have a little more loft than standard and from what i heard is that they have a naturally high trajectory.

my iron play is probably the best part of my game. im not worried about forgiveness. as a matter of fact, im looking for a very unforgiving iron, as i want to know when i make a mistake. i have hit the nike 9 and 6 blade at a demo day, i liked it very much. but it was the only iron i hit that day and so i didnt have anything to compare the trajectory with on that day. the only thing that is keeping me from getting them is the fact that they have a little more loft than standard and from what i heard is that they have a naturally high trajectory.

Boeing747400,

Every blade on the market is weaker to loft compared to the cavity backs, since the clubs hit the ball lower, more loft is needed to increase trajectory and carry distance. Even the best ball strikers hit muscle backs too low without weaker lofts. The Nike Blades do not have a high trajectory in any way. I find it hard to believe anyone can hit them "too high" with a proper fit and swing mechanics. However, it is very easy to bring down trajectory further by bending the club strong. They are very good blades, clean lines, and are very high quality with consistent weights across the set (something Titleist and Mizuno can't say). Excellent club you really can't go wrong with. If you truly want a hard to hit blade with a low ball fight, the Bridgestone J33B is your ticket. They have a very long hosel which contributes to a very high and heel biased center of gravity. No other blade on the market hits the ball lower; however, no other blade is as difficult to hit.

• 2 weeks later...
you are still able to buy the 680's. i would recommend the titleist blades over the nike blades because when i hit my friend's set i was able to to do anything i wanted to with it. as for the nike i wouldn't really recommend them but i did find that they were slightly more forgiving than the 680's. but you should take a look at some mizuno blades, they are some of the best feeling blades you'll hit especially the classic mp-33 or the new mp-67

My uncle have a set of Mizuno MP-33. I tried it on range, love the feel alot, might want to try mizuno out, they are known to make good irons.
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

Ever thought about trying the Nike Forged Pro Combo Tour irons? I've owned the Nike Forged Blades, and although I like them, I like the Pro Combo Tours better. Longer and more consistent distances, at least for me.

• 4 months later...
Hey, Ive never hit the CG1 but I have hit the nike blades, very hard to hit unless you strike the ball very very well. B

Well if I can hit them anybody can. Not at all difficult to hit.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

• 6 months later...
I've hit Nike Forged blades (albeit only 4, 6 and 8-Iron) and they stack up very well against Mizuno MP67s and Titleist 690MBs....that is, in terms of contact .

How well they are for working the ball, I couldn;t tell you.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 6031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!