IGNORED

Camilo and Taylormade?

Note: This thread is 4790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Part of this could also be related to the sale of Cobra Golf from Titleist to Puma. It seems quite a few Cobra staffers seem to have made the switch around the same time that it was announced that the sale was a possibility and then when it actually happened.

I think it was a great move by cobra. Puma is a solid company. Now they have a club and clothing line.

Camilo fits the TaylorMade marketing strategy well.  I'd like to see him play a little better now.  Cobra/Puma better get their act together if they want to stay in the club manufacturing business.  First Camilo, then J.B., they've really only got Ian Poulter left.  I'm afraid that if they neglect proper endorsement, they'll fold.  Shame, too, because Cobra makes some good equipment.

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hahahahaha, what is this a popularity contest now? LOL Rep points… big woop!

Not a popularity contest by any means... it just nice to have a quick reminder who to take seriously around here as some people obviously shouldn't be.

Originally Posted by jldavis73

Camilo fits the TaylorMade marketing strategy well.  I'd like to see him play a little better now.  Cobra/Puma better get their act together if they want to stay in the club manufacturing business.  First Camilo, then J.B., they've really only got Ian Poulter left.  I'm afraid that if they neglect proper endorsement, they'll fold.  Shame, too, because Cobra makes some good equipment.

Puma still has Ricky Fowler, don't they... maybe they can get him away from Titleist and get him to play some Cobra equipment...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Puma still has Ricky Fowler, don't they... maybe they can get him away from Titleist and get him to play some Cobra equipment...

Yes, Puma does still have Ricky.  It would greatly benefit Cobra if they could lure him away from Titleist, but he's so into his custom circle T putters it will be difficult.  What about Geoff Ogilvy?  He used to be a Cobra guy...what is he playing now?

Quote:

Yes, Puma does still have Ricky.  It would greatly benefit Cobra if they could lure him away from Titleist, but he's so into his custom circle T putters it will be difficult.  What about Geoff Ogilvy?  He used to be a Cobra guy...what is he playing now?

Yeah, but lots of guys game Scotty putters and are sponsored by somebody else... Take Tiger for example... how long was that Newport in his bag while he was with Nike...  I think Ricky does a good job fitting the Puma/Cobra image and that they would really help each other out.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dont take me seriously, I could care less. Im not out to impress you or anyone here. Its an online forum full of opinions and I share mine just as much as everyone else. Don't cry about it if its not inline with what you think. Geez!

But despite what we think of each other (even though you've never met me) I agree with you about Fowler. He would give Cobra a much needed boost. Not a lot of people like Puma's styling. I don't. I used to love Puma, but its changed its style over the last few years and its too flamboyant for me. I would bet that Fowler changes to Cobra next season, because Im sure after he wins later in the season, and Cobra/Puma being one in the same now, will want to make him a franchise player. And obviously for the $$$$ he'll do it. He's young… Hahaha

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Quote:

Ogilvy went to Titleist. And Im not positive it was for $$$$ either. I actually think after those two wins last year he made enough money to not care about $$$$ as much, and because of that his endorsements did not need to be as important. Titleist makes great equipment and ive always viewed it as more of a players brand. Which means its too good for me. Hahaha

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Ahh did I offend you fruit cake?? My bad… LOL

You liberal tree huggers really need to learn how to relax and not take everything so seriously or personal. Gay is not always used in terms of "faggot" so get over it. Its a figure of speech. SO don't be so gay! Hahaha

I am a heterosexual male with a hot wife (life's great irony for the gay little tree hugger as you describe me) who also happens to know a little about golf and can get around the golf course without embarassing myself.

You can't even post in a message board about golf - without sounding like a biggoted, ignorant tool of a hacker.

If you think that calling something "gay" isn't offensive to gay people, or that it's an appropriate qualifying statement to say that "Gay is not always used in terms of 'faggot', or that unecessary homophobia isn't the biggest red flag in the world that you're a closeted homosexual on some level, then you have real problems of conscience, intellect and basic humanity.

Therefore, I suggest you stop playing golf and fill up your local bowling league or karaoke bar. That stuff is at your level of class and intellect. Rest assured, you don't have to be a 'tree hugger' to act like you have some damn sense. And Ben Hogan, Sam Snead or Arnold Palmer wouldn't sit around calling a white golf club gay.

I work with high school kids every day. You know which kinds of high school kids will adamantly call something "gay" as a term of denigration? Usually the poorest-achieving students and/or the ones that don't go on to do much after they get out of school. It's sad when, on your posts, you sound like the kid pulling a 51 percent in a high school English/Civics/Algebra/Shop class, but that's what you sound like - a 15-year-old, and a stupid one at that.

• Upvote 2

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Note: This thread is 4790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!