IGNORED

Is Bridgestone Taking Over???

Note: This thread is 4785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i've actually settled on the B330-S...love the distance off the tee and for spin around the greens it's perfect for me. (now, this may change when Nike comes out with their 20XI balls...)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

i dont know if theyre taking over, but that little hottie in the commercials with Freddie and Lee and take me over any time she wants.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

i dont know if theyre taking over, but that little hottie in the commercials with Freddie and Lee and take me over any time she wants.

Adriènne Ferreira.

I played their B330 RX for a while and really liked it... they are a bit pricey though at $42/dz and they are harder to find deals on (at least for me).  I have noticed a lot of people playing them though; especially older guys playing the e series.  I'd say from what I've seen, Titleist is still first, followed by Bridgestone and then Callaway.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

I know I switched to a Bridgestone ball. But Im the type of player that doesn't play what I see on TV commercials or what the golf shop tries to sell me. I play what works for me. Which means my bag tends to change a little more often than some others. But once I find something that works it stays for a long time.

… To be completely honest, right now Im kind of torn between the Bridgestone Tour B330-RX and the new Srixon Z-Star "XV" since its made for a slower swing speed like mine at about 90 mph. Its basically the direct competitor to the Tour B330-RX ball.

Z-STAR XV

The new Z-STARxv golf ball's proprietary urethane cover is the thinnest and the softest in the premium market producing an excellent combination of distance and spin. The new four-piece dual Energetic Gradient Growth core provides the best distance in a premium offering while maintaining low spin to optimize driver performance. The Z-STARxv is offered in Pure White and Tour Yellow for added visual performance.

HOW IT COMPARES

Between the two Z-STAR balls, the Z-STARxv is a more distance oriented tour performance ball which returns less spin off the driver creating longer more penetrating ball flights. The ball feels slightly firmer, but does not sacrifice feel and control around the greens. Overall, this ball maximizes its performance when played by golfers who have a driver swing speed greater than 95mph .

This listing from the Bridgestone site quotes 95 mph driver swing speed.  IIRC reading the back of the box for the Z Star XV  it states that the XV works best for 105mph driver swing speed.  Z Star info is "The Z-STAR is a high-performance multilayered ball with low compression and extremely soft feel.  This offering is the softer of the two Z-STAR balls which provides exceptional feel around the greens and distance control with the putter.  This ball performs best with driver swing speeds between 80mph and 105 mph.

I'm happy that Bridgestone came out with a yellow (e6) ball similar in looks to the Srixon X star at a lower price.  I always wanted to try a yellow ball as I tend to lose the ball once it mixes with the backdrop of the clouds.  I played 18 holes with the yellow version this weekend and did not lose a ball (pretty good for me).  Hit a tree and virutually no scuff marks.

Might have to stock up on them as they yellow and orange e6's are discontinued now.

Greens were soft so I think any ball would have stopped.  We'll see how that works as it gets drier out.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!