IGNORED

stack and tilters - you might want to shoot this guy questions

Sing Golfer
Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jtad

What's all this talk about Stack and Scatter??

Pointless non-insult.

It's like, golf has been around for a long time, then all of a sudden there's this new miracle way to hit it.

Wrong. Nothing about it is a 'miracle way to hit it'

... not only straighter, but longer.

Wrong again.

I've yet to see one LPGA tour player stack and tilt, and if there are any, you never see them playing well.

You have yet to see one, yet you never see them playing well?

You my friend are an idiot.

By all means come back and engage in the discussion topic once you know even the smallest thing about the subject matter. Until then I'd suggest trolling elsewhere.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

The post above took the words out of many mouths, I'd imagine.

(except for idiot, I wouldn't have used the adjective since it's obvious ... but I respect your right to do so)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Zeph, I really don't know how to respond.  You say you welcome opinions, yet there are some opinions I cannot have. And you don't want anyone to say your opinion is wrong.  How can we even have a discussion?

What's all this talk about Stack and Scatter??  It's like, golf has been around for a long time, then all of a sudden there's this new miracle way to hit it, not only straighter, but longer.  I've yet to see one LPGA tour player stack and tilt, and if there are any, you never see them playing well.

FWIW, Anna Rawson uses S&T.;

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I posted the link originally because there are strong views on S & T on this forum and thought that a chance to pose questions ahead of an interview with Bennett would be interesting for many out there.

Personally, I don't have a strong view on S & T either way, I think there are plenty of swing methods or patterns out there at work.

I do find it odd however that some of the pro S & T views out there are boardering on "fundamentalist". From a neutral point of view, it is quite easy to see how the press is piling on plenty of negative (in some posters view) articles.

1) Some of the key S & T PGA Tour names haven't done much recently (yes, we all know if you look more deeply people like Weir have been injured)

2) Key S & T name Aaron Baddeley went back to his old instructor and won for the first time in a number of years

For a journalist pumping out articles day after day it would be easy to to join these various dots and come to the conclusion that S & T isn't quite as good as everyone thinks.

As I said, I don't have a strong view either way but am enjoying the discussion.

Driver: Nakashima 10.5 degree
3 Wood: 15 degree F2
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree
Irons: MP-58, 4-9 iron
Wedges: Vokey sm 47.06, 53.08, 58.08Putter: studio select 2.5Ball: Pro Vx : Warren Golf Club 73.6 : 146

There are those out there who honestly see S&T; as useless. Those people have no need to argue against it save for the occasional 'whatever floats your boat' comment. There are also those out there who are threatened by it or who are so indoctrinated in the traditional swing that they find it necessary to go out of their way to slate it. Some people research it and come up with what may seem like plausible reasons it's bad. Others just make up utter rubbish on why it must be bad. Those who agree with the fundamentals of it obviously get annoyed at being persecuted for no reason and so they fight back with more vigour than is often required for the situation. If you believe in God and someone keeps on and on about why He doesn't exist and that that the 'true' method of worship is Paganism because it came first and then proceeds to continually point out everything that they perceive as false over and over again it's going to eventually piss you off, whether you're into your religion heavily or passively. Humans font like being told what they can/can't or should/shouldn't do as that tajes away free will. S&T; is just a golf swing like Traditional, MORAD, one plane or 'swing club like caveman! Ug ug!' - If I choose to use S&T; leave me to it and enjoy your game your way. :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

There are those out there who . . . choose to use S&T; leave me to it and enjoy your game your way. :)

I imagined the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background while reading your post.

http://www.wired.com/culture/culturereviews/magazine/17-10/mf_chanology?currentPage=all

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!