IGNORED

Nick Watney

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This guy is impressive.

Top 10 on last 7 starts ( I think? ), a win at Doral, and top of the leaderboard today at transitions with 83 percent of fairways, 89 percent of greens and only 13 putts on his first nine holes.

Butch's students are doing well.

Would nto be surprised if he wins the Masters at all

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Well...now he's -6 through 11....

Tearing it up

The guy is beyond class!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

He's a great player no doubt, but why does he always look so nervous?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

He's a great player no doubt, but why does he always look so nervous?

I don't know....wide eyed.

Yeah he's on fire. Looks like his poor caddy's going to have long hair for a while. :)

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

• 3 months later...

A class act. Awesome golfer!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

We met him at a charity pro am event last year. He's as nice as bloke as you're likely to come across. Spent hours signing things. Just a nice guy, happy for him today.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I want to say Watney may be the most underrated young guy in golf, but he's already 30 years old. His resume speaks for itself though; four wins, including two this year, all at pretty big-ticket tournaments, plus three solid appearances in majors last year.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really enjoyed watching him today. He seemed like a class act and a great guy out on the course. Anyone know how tall he is? Maybe it's just me but he looked to be pretty tall..

He's 6 feet 2 inches.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nick Watney College golf career

Fresno State: (1999-00) Competed in 11 of the Bulldogs' 13 tournaments as a true freshman ... helped the Bulldogs to a 13th place finish at national championships ... six Top 20 finishes including three top 10 finishes...WAC Freshman of the Year ... Bulldogs' medallist at the NCAA West Regional tying for ninth place ... WAC Player of the Week (April 24-28)... shot eight rounds under par for the season with a low round of 68 ... qualified for the 2000 U.S. Amateur Golf Championships, shooting 1-over-par 141 to tie for 12th in qualifying round ... defeated U.S. Public Links Champion D.J. Trahan in first round match play. (2000-01) Finished third at the NCAA Championships ... named GCAA PING Second Team All-American ... had two wins, including a school record 200 strokes at San Diego ... WAC Player of the Year ... one of eight players nationally selected to play on the victorious U.S.A. vs. Japan tournament team ... selected as Golfweek Magazines National Player of the Week...appeared in the "Faces of the Crowd" feature of Sports Illustrated ... qualified for Sweet 16 at Western Amateur...Qualified for the U.S. Amateur where he was fourth out of 312 golfers in stroke play...reached round of 16 at U.S. Amateur...No.1 ranked in all of District 7. (2001-02) Owns all-time Fresno State season scoring record (70.53)... WAC Player of the Year... All-WAC...member of Palmer Cup Team...GCAA First Team All-American...Ben Hogan Award Finalist...named all-region (Southwest)...tied for sixth at NCAA Championship...Southwestern Men's Amateur Champion...team MVP.

o U.S. Amateur Golf qualifier
o WAC Freshman of the Year
o Tied for ninth at NCAA West Regional
o WAC Player of the Week

o Second Team All-American
o WAC Player of the Week
o WAC Player of the Year
o Golf World National Player of the Week
o Sports Illustrated Faces in the Crowd
o Team USA member against Japan 2001
o No. 1 ranked in all of District 7
o All-Time Fresno State season scoring record (70.53)

o First Team All-American
o WAC Player of the Week
o WAC Player of the Year
o All-WAC Selection
o Palmer Cup Team Member
o Ben Hogan Finalist
o Southwest Region Player of the Year
o Placed sixth at NCAA Championship
o Southwestern Men's Amateur Champion

Note: This thread is 4681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!