IGNORED

Liked AP1 better than AP2 !!!!

Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Gerald

Well ......

....... actually all they do is lying about their products !

I guess you could go through the better business bureau. haha.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Aren't all new drivers better, longer, straightier and easier to hit than last year's model ...... if we would add the extra 5 yds that every new year's driver brought over the last 25 yrs ....... the average hacker would hit the ball at least 450 yds........ So the only conclusion is ...... that all they do is lying like hell !!!!

A guy walks in to a shop and tells the clerk, he wants to hit the ball 25 yds extra ..... no problem sir, we just received the RSX##BOOMBOOM and it will rocket your ball further than ever before, just look in the catalog, testing with blablablah proves it is longer than ...... the guy takes out his credit card, but just before making the payment he asks if there is a shaft that would add another 10 yds, welllll for you sir that is the shaft XAFASTT ........ hoppla $599 ......

A week later the guy is back in the shop with a complaint, what is the problem sir, don't you ball fly longer ,,,,,, uhh yes it is a great driver, I have hit some really long drives, but none were in the fairway.

And the sales clerk said ...... all you ever asked was for 35 yds extra, you never told me it should be in the fairway, I suggest to take some lessons !!!

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Aren't all new drivers better, longer, straightier and easier to hit than last year's model ...... if we would add the extra 5 yds that every new year's driver brought over the last 25 yrs ....... the average hacker would hit the ball at least 450 yds........ So the only conclusion is ...... that all they do is lying like hell !!!!

A guy walks in to a shop and tells the clerk, he wants to hit the ball 25 yds extra ..... no problem sir, we just received the RSX##BOOMBOOM and it will rocket your ball further than ever before, just look in the catalog, testing with blablablah proves it is longer than ...... the guy takes out his credit card, but just before making the payment he asks if there is a shaft that would add another 10 yds, welllll for you sir that is the shaft XAFASTT ........ hoppla $599 ......

A week later the guy is back in the shop with a complaint, what is the problem sir, don't you ball fly longer ,,,,,, uhh yes it is a great driver, I have hit some really long drives, but none were in the fairway.

And the sales clerk said ...... all you ever asked was for 35 yds extra, you never told me it should be in the fairway, I suggest to take some lessons !!!

can't blame the worker at the golf shop. just doing his job. if you want to blame someone, then blame the corporations. I do agree that companies will go to the extreme to make a sale. if they have to stretch the truth to sell a product, they probably would. but that is just great marketing. like subway and losing weight. jared was a huge success for subway even though they didn't say he basically ate the bread, meat and like a piece of lettuce. no salt, vinegar or anything. subway sandwiches can have easily 800 calories if you load it. did subway specify this? probably, but in tiny print you would have to read with a magnifying glass. but hey, subway made millions and fooled people doing it. basically like you said about the extra yardage on the driver. companies fool the consumer

anyway, a little off topic, but take toyota for instance. word of mouth and marketing says toyota is one of the most reliable cars on the market. marketing the mpg you get and how their cars never break down. yes, a while ago we had that whole scare about some models accelerating randomly. everyone was so scared and thought toyota would go down in a blaze. it was such big news, one guy even faked, yes FAKED the random acceleration to get out of a ticket. he saw the cop was about to pull him over, so he took off and blamed it on the car. he later confessed he did it and got arrested. something like that. anyway, toyota took marketing to the next level by enforcing the safety and reliability in their cars. the prius is still a hot car to have for the 45 mpg. esp with the $4 per gallon now. and as of the start of the 2011 year, toyota has 2 of the top spots for cars sold. the camry and corolla. they do this by marketing with good timing and efficiency. hyundai is marketing luxury at half the price of a mercedes. get everything from a mercedes in a hyundai at half the price. hyundai has probably the biggest growth in the last few years. they also market 10 years 100,000 warranty. a lot of people believe this to be warranty for the whole car for 10 years. but it is actually just a power train warranty. still great, but deceiving.

sorry for the long rant. I do agree that false advertisement is very bad. but I can't blame corporations for doing whatever it takes to sell a product. If people do a little research, it can help them avoid it.

I guess if you are saying that they all lie like dogs.....how did you come to buy the golf clubs you have? what about the car you drive? or anything in life that you have bought? why those things? a lot of it is advertising. a super commercial cost 3 million per 30 seconds of air time. go daddy debuted during the super bowl and the next day, that was all the nation was talking about.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I wouldn't say that, but maybe it depends on the vintage.

My bad I meant to put AP2, not AP1. But the point is if a person can't hit one club well what makes him think he will hit the other ones any better?

I purchased a set of AP1's about 2 years ago and frankly I couldn't tell that much difference between the 1's and 2's. Obviously they top lines are different and the 2's have a shorter blade but I played both for a couple of rounds and in the end I shot my usual mid 80's score. So for me it basically came down to price and the 1's were $200 cheaper so I went with them. I should note that I gave up a set of Titleist 735cm's for the AP1's that I have been kicking myself over but what's done is done.

Personally, I think the 1's are workable enough for my purposes. I don't try to hit a lot high fades or sweeping draws with my irons but I can hit enough of a fade or draw with the mid irons to have the ball release to the intended side. If I am trying to move the ball left or right that's all I'm after anyway. And after some practice am able to flight down the ball with the short irons to better control distance and spin. Still working on that. But for the most part I am a point and shoot iron player that would rather hit a straighter ball 90% of the time.

OK last week it was indoors, yesterday I was given the opportunity to try the AP1 and AP2 side by side at the range and playing them for about 9 holes.

There is less difference between the two, but the comparison wasn't totally honest bc the AP2 had Dynamic Gold S300 shafts in them at 1" plus (which is near my specs) and the AP1 were +1/2" Nippon 105 Regular shafts in them.

I tried partial aswell as 3/4 and full shots ....... and on straight forward shots, both performed equally, but as soon as I started hitting curved balls (either way) it was easier with the AP2, maybe not in reallity, but the looks of the AP2 helped in shaping shots, just a little bit more ..... to be more precise, draws were about equal and fades went better with the AP2.

In distance the AP1 was a bit longer (no surprise with the stronger lofts) and a bad contact is rewarded more badly with the AP2, but I could tell what I did with the AP2 (more feedback).

Is shaping shots important ..... I would say it isn't, but when needed I prefer the AP2 .....

Last year I experimented with longer shafts (+ 1.5") in my longer irons ........ and wowwww that 0.5" extra can make such a difference ........

Shafts ...... I didn't like the Nippon ..... just too flexy for me ...... but on the other hand I didn't feel comfortable with the PX 5.5 or 6.0 ...... a bit too harsh...... they kind of feel dead to me ....... DG 300 S felt like a DG 200 S at plus 1.5" which looks to suit me best.

I am more a in between R and S guy, and I don't expect it to progress the stiffer way (I'm 52 yrs) ...... so my first thought would be going for a Regular flex, but with the help of my fitter and my pro we came to the conclusion that S300 + 1.5" would suit me fine.

Anyway I pulled the trigger (yet again) and ordered 3 - PW AP2 with S300 (+1.5") in standard lie......... now all I have to focus....... is getting to a low single hc !

I sure hope this is my final set, bc. I am getting bored by changing sets every few months.......

Is this for every one......... no it is for me......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Is shaping shots important ..... I would say it isn't, but when needed I prefer the AP2 .....

Really? At your handicap I would say it is important, especially if you want to get down to the 1s or 2s

Congrats on the purchase though. I love the feeling of having new clubs!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Really? At your handicap I would say it is important, especially if you want to get down to the 1s or 2s

Basicly I would say it is helpful if you can hit an intended fade, slice, draw and/or hook, but working the ball actually means bad course management in 95% of the cases ........ anyone with an index 1 or 2 isn't just pounding the ball 250+ from the tee, they also try to land it in a certain area, with an easy angle for the next shot ........ having hit around a tree or coming into the green from a side to take a bunker out of play ...... is at least a lower percentage shot than a near straight shot and having to hit such, means some problems in the previous shot.

The need for working the ball iron shots is normaly maybe two in a round, shaping the drive draw-straight-fade is important even at your level !!!

I can hit any drive 225+, but more important is that I can get a 225+ yds drive in a certain area.

Also ...... if your average drive is 250 and there are two fairway bunkers (on right and one left) at 240-260 you can try to hit it straight down the middle or you can play a 3W and hit it 220-230 ......., etc.

Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!