IGNORED

WTF is up with my driver

Note: This thread is 4772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have had major struggles hitting really low tee shots with my Nike for around 5 months

Today I went to the Alberta Golf Show, and unfortunately Nike wasn't there, because I wanted to talk with a rep about it.

Anyway, I visited the Adams booth and swung their new F11 driver, 9.5* Stiff shaft. I was hitting this thing so well. My swing speed was being recorded at 108-111mph and carry was 260-268. I LOVED THIS DRIVER

I talked to him about my Nike and he didn't know what was going on with it.

I head to the Ping booth, same thing with the G15, hitting it great.....head to the Callaway booth, again, hitting it great ( RAZR driver is average IMO )

Anyway....so I have no clue what is making my trajectory so low with my Nike....when I hit other drivers with same loft and shaft stiffness.

The guy at the Ping booth said some drivers just don't work with some people.

Any ideas?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Any ideas?

You've answered the question yourself.

Get one of the ones you like. You've named three brands.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

You've answered the question yourself.

Get one of the ones you like. You've named three brands.

I agree always buy what you like. In the end you will eventually and kick yourself for all the stuff you bought in between

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Well I have posted it for sale on Kijiji

Thanks!

If you hit the Nike VR so poorly, how (or rather why) did it end up in your bag?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

$350 off retail price brand new.

Old Nickent has a dead face

Originally Posted by Kieran123

$350 off retail price brand new.

Are you sure you didn't get a fake since the price was so low?   Maybe your driver is damaged in some way if it is legit.  Have you tried hitting the same driver in a store to see if the results were the same?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Are you sure you didn't get a fake since the price was so low?   Maybe your driver is damaged in some way if it is legit.  Have you tried hitting the same driver in a store to see if the results were the same?

It is legit. I got it form a course pro shop where I frequent in the playing months.

I am going to Golftown today to try some drivers. I will try hit one of their VRs and see how it compares to mine,

I am also taking mine in to check launch angles etc

Ok.

So I went to Golftown and grabbed a few drivers.

Finally chose the Titleist 909D2 Stiff Shaft 9.5*. Swing Speed ranging from 108-114, launch angle around 11 degrees, carrying 260-270, rolling to 280-290.

Got the best dispersion with it, felt the nicest and was only $250

Did not have one with an XS shaft in it, but that may be a possibility....swung my Nike while I was there and was averaging 40 yards less than the Titleist and nowhere near the accuracy...no idea what is up with it

Anyway,

I hit the range after wards and I LOVE this thing.....great buy and feels good to see the ball actually launching correctly

Nice job. Imo the Titleist 909d2 is such a good looking clean club. That and the matching fairway woods on always on my radar. Maybe next season maybe by the end of this one.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 4772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!