IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

I chose Titleist, b/c all the way through the bag they have solid choices (though I'm not currently playing ANY of their clubs). That said, I think I'd also be happy with Mizuno (I've never liked the wedges--they just seem big-- and the current putters don't thrill me but the TP Mills ones were nice) or Ping (not thrilled with iron selection, but I'd live). This is all just personal preference, though. I could probably play just as well with any manufacturer's clubs (including the Wishons and SMTs of the world). Most of them come out of the same couple factories anyway! I'd rather mix and match to build a set that fits my game.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland for a number of reasons:

Driver: What more could you want? Hibore, Launcher Comp, Ti460, all great drivers.
Fairway Woods: Launcher Steel is an amazing wood.
Hybrid: I doesn't get much better than the Halo.
Irons: CG4's are perfect! I went through many sets of irons before I fell in love with the 4's. The CG1's and 2's are also a blast to hit.
Wedges: For obvious reasons.
Putters: Never Compromise has really stepped it up. I hope to buy one soon.

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

Titleist...

TaylorMade would be a very close second, but from top to bottom I'll take tilteist..

Titleist Driver, woods, irons, wedges, putter, ball... no compromises anywhere.
I already play the woods, wedges, ball.. looking to change from RAC OS to titleist irons, and possible a scotty cameron model also...

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

• 3 weeks later...
I'd choose Ping, primarily for the driver, irons and putters. Though they've got a definate weakness with the wedges.

Bret Schlyer
===========
Driver: 2009 Burner TP
3 wood: Ti Bubble
5 wood: Macgregor MacTec NGV

Hybrid: Nickent 3DX RC  3

Irons: Hireko XF Pro

SW/LW: Cleveland 588

Putter: Ping Anser

Titleist

because thats all that is in my bag anyway... this is beacuse its a

its a solid company. Period.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Taylormade or Cobra for the driver, forged blades (you pick the brand) for irons, and Cleveland or Titlelist for the wedges. I know there will probably stir up a controversy, but I believe any putter will do fine if you like the feel and it doesn't have a crooked shaft.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

This is a really hard question for me.

I love my Tourstage irons and would say Tourstage/Bridgestone - but I don't think they make putters.....so that blows them away. So I'd probably go for Titleist, great irons - for me the 695CB's would do the trick. Nice wedges - Vokey SPin Milled would do, good enough drivers and other woods. Great new hybrid, and of course Scotty.....

Having said that Mizuno would also be up there, MP60's, wedges, woods, nice hydrid. And a TP Mills putter.

Hmmm decisions, decisions. Ok, for me Titleist would win. Better putters (imo) and of course there's the ProV1x
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

• 2 months later...
I don't understand why you'd say that using their wedges and putters equals to suffering... the rac y-cutters are sweet, as far as feel, look and spin goes - compete with any of the top wedges out there. Putters are very decent too - and priced much better than the over-hyped Scotty's products. My bag is 100% TM and I don't feel the pain you're talking about

it was a joke.. if I thought I played even one stroke better what I do I would switch in a heartbeat.. the wedges are one of a kind I have tried just about everything, and I always put those TM products in my bag, which is TM by the way too.. clothing nike but the best bag I ever owned is a r7 tour bag.. oh ya the shoes are nike too..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

( No, I don't have TM bag. they stink. I've Nike bag and shoes.

That's like buying a BMW and slapping a FORD badge on it.

Introducing The Weapons:

Driver- | R5 TP, Aldila VS Proto Shaft
3Wood- | R7 3.15
2Hybrid- | TP Rescue Dual, Fujikura Banzai Shaft3U- | 3U RAC TP 19, Grafaloy Prologic shaft Irons- | R7 CGB MAXWedges- | TP 58,56,52Putter- | Rossa Imola TP 34Ball- | TP Red on Normal Cond, TP Black When...

Voted TaylorMade
I have sets of both Titleist and TaylorMade . . . so could go either way.

Now that TM has its TP red ball, and it's great TP wedges, and Rossa putters, and R7 TP drivers and V fairway woods, and all their great irons, they are strong from top to bottom and are a contender for the top spot.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

well i think i would have to go with PING... of thier stuff dosent work the best for me (such as the r7 425 is better for me than the G5) if i had to play just PING clubs i think it would be ok...

but its nice not to have to worry about a contract and get to play the clubs i want to... i kno that the pro's can sign a contract juss for the irons (or other piece of equipment) but u get wat im sayin

My Bag

Driver- Titleist 907 D2 (10.5°), Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard
4 Wood- Nickent 3DX Pro (14°), Accuflex Icon
Hybrid- Nickent 3DX (17°), True Temper S300Irons (3 to W)- PING I3 Blades, True Temper S30056°- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, True Temper S30060°- Cleveland 900 Gunmetal, True...

im slowly switching most of my bag over to bridgestone

to answer the question, i guess ill have to putt with my 3 wood as they dont currently make a putter.

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

The first set of non-Northwestern irons I ever owned were Hogan Apex. (second hand, less the 7 iron). Really, really good irons, I must say. Can't speak for 2006 offerings, but mine were great way back then. Now I own two sets of PowerBilt irons, one forged blades and one OS cavity back. I cannot imagine what would have to transpire to make me change irons by my choosing.

- Kerry

What's in the bag:
Driver - TPS 320 12 degree (graphite)
3w - TPS (steel)
4w - Citation (steel)
Irons - 3-PW, TPS - The oversize prism backed with Sims shock relief inserts in shafts - (steel) I'll occasionally substitue my TPS 1 iron for the 3 iron.SW 56 - Staff BeCu (steel)SW 60 - TPS...

im slowly switching most of my bag over to bridgestone

actually u wont haf to putt w/ ur 3 wood b/c tour satge, precept, and bridgestone are owned by the same co. so they basically r 1 golf co...

My Bag

Driver- Titleist 907 D2 (10.5°), Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard
4 Wood- Nickent 3DX Pro (14°), Accuflex Icon
Hybrid- Nickent 3DX (17°), True Temper S300Irons (3 to W)- PING I3 Blades, True Temper S30056°- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, True Temper S30060°- Cleveland 900 Gunmetal, True...

i love cleveland and their classic, and simple design. they seem to be the innovators toward wood design as they were the 1st to introduce a 460cc head and a novel shaped head in the hi-bore. their wedges are top notch, and though i have never tried never compromise putters, they seem to be making a splash on the tours these days.

: Callaway FT-3 w/ UST V2 67S
: Callaway X 15* w/ Fujikura Vista Pro 70S
: Callaway Big Bertha Fusions 3-AW w/ Nippon NSPro 990GH Uniflex
: Callaway 56* & 60* w/ DGS300
: Odyssey White Hot XG #3: Titleist Pro V1

Cleveland for me - If its good enough for the big Fijian its good enough for me

Cleveland should snag up a ball manufacturer the way T.M snagged Maxfli, and Callaway snagged top-flite, a cleveland ball wouls be cool.

BLADERUNNER808
HiBore 10.5 Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue R 45.75
Hibore 18 5-wood
Hibore 21 3-hybrid
NDS irons 4-PW CG11 wedges 50, 54, 58 NeverCompromise Voodoo BlackMax

I believe in KZG golf equipment each club is fitted by select club fitters and the options available are matched to players handicaps. KZG equipment is absolutely top quality. At this time putters are being re-designed and will be available in March of 07.

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

Note: This thread is 5550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!