IGNORED

Yet another GigaGolf question...

Note: This thread is 2971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for the pics. What shafts did you have installed?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Here's a (not very good look) at my set. I've demoed the Burner 2.0s and these are nearly identical in terms of look and feel. CIMG0430.jpg CIMG0438.jpg CIMG0432.jpg CIMG0434.jpg

I'd love to see more pics of the 3w and hybrid too.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Thanks for the pics. What shafts did you have installed?

I went with the firm flex TT FeatherFlight shafts on the irons, stiff FeatherFlight in the wedges, and the stock stiff UST 70 and 80 shafts in the 3 wood and hybrid.  I've always played TT dynamic gold S300s in my irons so I was a little worried when their fitter suggested the featherflights and firm shafts - wasn't sure if I'd like the lighter club weight and added flex, but so far I love these shafts.  I had them cut down .5", so perhaps that firmed them up a bit.

I found the torque on the UST 70 on the 3 wood was too high for me.  The club felt entirely too "whippy" and I was getting a ballooning ball flight and losing distance.  I was barely hitting it 200 yards - compared to my old three wood that I hit in the 240 range.  I've sent it back to have a stiff M2T shaft installed, so we'll see how that works out.

Didn't have any issues with the UST 80 on the hybrid though.  I'm just killing that club.  Been playing it off the tee on tighter holes and it's pretty much automatic - 210 yards & dead straight.

Just to give you an idea of how the shaft flexes are performing in the context of swing speed - I was on the launch monitor at GolfMart this weekend and my driver swing speed was pretty much locked in at 108mph.

Also got an SP3 putter - an anser-style blade - and so far it's been an upgrade over my Nickent pipe putter.  Since it was so cheap I'm planning to experiment with it a bit.  Going to cut it down to 31.5", add some tungsten powder to get the swingweight up to D3, and slap a Fatso grip on it before the weekend.  I really struggle with overactive hands, so I'm hoping this set-up will get me headed in the right direction.

I'll try to get some additional pics of the hybrid up in the next day or two.

• 1 year later...

I have had the GX922 for a few years now and they still perform remarkably. I also bought a scoring wedge and the TRX driver. I hit the driver further than anyone with a "name brand" club. I also paid a heck of a lot less than them. I am a big hitter but I have borrowed other drivers and had no change for the better. Ended up buying a putter and hybrid from gigagolf too. The quality is great and everything is lasting.

Originally Posted by rpipunter

I have had the GX922 for a few years now and they still perform remarkably. I also bought a scoring wedge and the TRX driver. I hit the driver further than anyone with a "name brand" club. I also paid a heck of a lot less than them. I am a big hitter but I have borrowed other drivers and had no change for the better. Ended up buying a putter and hybrid from gigagolf too. The quality is great and everything is lasting.

my buddy bought a bag a couple of months ago. yesterday it ripped in two places.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I currently gaming the trx series: irons fairway and hybrid. I couldn't be happier with the clubs, I have had no quality issues whatsoever and they have held up well. When I miss shots I can be confident it was me and not the clubs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Giga again. My friend also has the gx series but we can't really compare because he's 6 10 and this is the first set that fit him. I'd say buy the Giga clubs and get the trx series. Although the gx driver looks great too.

I use the GX922's and they have been nice clubs. I know they're advertised as being comparable Callaway X22 but they're probably more like X20s which really doesn't make much difference.  You can curve the ball with these....I do it all the time...unintentionally.  Although they are game improvement clubs, the 4 and 5 irons are still not super easy to hit consistently.  I wish they had a steel shaft option with a low kickpoint when I ordered mine.  If you use graphite shafts, that shouldn't be an issue.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I've had the Z4 irons for a few weeks now.  The only other irons I've owned are my fathers 25 year old, way to short for me Pings, so I don't have a lot to compare them to, but I'm happy with the purchase.  The quality looks flawless, and I hit them pretty well.  I honestly don't love the looks, but I didn't feel like spending the extra $35 or so to get the TRX instead.  Not ugly, just not the best looking.  Overall, I'm quite happy with the purchase, especially at the price that they're selling for.

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

• 9 months later...

I've decided to take a chance with GigaGolf after reading these wonderful reviews of people that have and are playing their clubs. I've been doing some research and I've been looking for a good forged iron and I've decided to take a chance and go with the c510 irons. I've been hitting a few differed forged clubs the last few days and while my heart is sold on the Wilson FG's my pocketbook (broke college student) says otherwise. Will give updates as I go along. Should be here Thursday.

In The Bag:

Driver: None

3 Wood: None

5 Wood: Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz

2 Iron: Spalding Top Flite 73

4-PW: Giga Golf C510 Pursuit

60 Degree Wedge by Titleist 

Putter: Wilson Harmonized Augusta

Ball: Slazenger Raw Distance Feel

Well the clubs came in today and I decided to go to the range. Interesting day. The first set of balls I went through rather quickly. I had some trouble at first adjusting to the clubs (The c510's have a really interesting feel to them) so I got another bucket of balls. On the second bucket, I started to find my swing and spent the vast majority of the time hitting the five iron. I am really impressed with the quality of the clubs. The five felt very very comfortable. I wouldn't say I enjoyed hitting the set as much as I liked hitting the Wilson FG's (just a completly different feel. The Wilson's have a much more buttery feel compared to the Giga's) but I did enjoy the clubs. I can't wait to take them out again tomorrow. For the money, it's a very nice set. I will keep updating as I learn the feel of these clubs more and more.

• Upvote 1

In The Bag:

So update for day 2: Went out a few hours ago and started hitting again. This time around, I made contact with all clubs and started to develope distance with the clubs. Still not where I want the distance to be (as compared to how I hit with my Big Bertha's). However, I was able to hit on average about 175-180 with the five ( which is about 10 yards off of what I was hitting with the Callaways). Finding that I am liking the irons more and more each time I take them out. The one thing I've noticed over other Irons I've hit is that I am able to control the shot much more and hit much straighter than anything else. Will continue to update as I learn more. I'm thinking of taking the set out for a round sometime next week.

In The Bag:

I game the pursuit m510 very good club very long Check your loft compared to the berthas you will see the c510 are more tradional so your probably a club down I found once I got used to my clubs about three holes in my seven iron is about 165 about 10 yards longer than I'm used to. 7-pw fly long straight and reliable. Very good club and feel. My 2 cents worth. I have there 5 wood 240 straight 4 hy 210 dead on 5 hy 190 very good clubs put against any buddies 600 dollar bag anytime

Thank you so much Super Plumber! I'll check that out and adjust accordingly. I really like the feel of this set so much more than the Bertha's. Again, I'll let you know more as soon as I figure more out. Oh, and I have the Gap Wedge from the M510's. Interesting blade to say the least. Fun to hit with.

In The Bag:

• 2 years later...

I have bought clubs from Diamond Tour Golf and from Gigagolf in the recent past.

I have the DTG Z-force Z30 in standard DTG Steel stiff shafts with Lamkin Crossline grips, fit to measure (+1 inch and +1 degree upright). I have a driver, 2 hybrids, 5i-PW, SW in that series. I don´t like the clubs, they are a bit cheap looking although they are reasonably well built and play just fine. I am selling these clubs after 6 months usage and will be lucky to get 100$ for them. I have mostly used them as a spare set of clubs I left at the next door indoor golf.

I have also got a GG TRX Trac II Driver, a Pursuit Driver, 3W, 4H, TRX v11 3i-GW set of irons, Pursuit forged CB 8i-PW, Forged 52 and 60 wedges and a S2 Black Matte 56. I also used a GG Center Cut putter.

Positives: The Pursuit Driver, 3W and 4H I would match up against any OEM clubs on any day of the week. I get 10 yards more and straighter shots out of any of these fabulous and beautifully crafted clubs. The TRX irons are very nice UGI irons at a silly low price, they definitely match up against any club in that category on a $/quality basis, sure they`re not as good as the Mizuno JPX or the Ping G30 range. The Pursuit Cavity back forged irons are incredibly priced at around 45$ a club and very decent forged irons, not far off clubs priced in the 1000$ range or 125$ for a single club if you can find it. I fear I would struggle to play the longer irons but the feel off the short irons I have is amazing and I am definitely thinking of getting the 5i-7i. I am getting excellent results and comments with all 3 of my GG wedges, I used to play an old set of rusty Vokeys and have not looked back. The SP9 Center Cut putter is also a pretty decent putter for the price, certainly the Oddissey putters at 180$ a pop aren´t 4.5 times better! The forging job is top notch no doubt about that, the shafts are whatever you choose and pay for (and not whatever is stock on offer). At the moment they still offer the Graffaloy Prolaunch red shaft as a baseline which gives you some comfort as to the quality of the materials these guys look for.

Negatives: I love most of these clubs, as you can tell from the review. Negatives are few. If you want to be picky, yes the paint job has some finishing smudges which Callaway might not have, looking very closely at the Woods and hybrids, and the cavity of the irons is painted over in a metallic paint that is a bit cheap looking at first, but fine once it gets dirty. The putter is a bit stocky by design and not as nice looking as you might like, but it stays in the bag because it´s effective. I went to Golfsmith the other day to try out putter who might feel better against my ugly putter. I tried about 40 putters and tested them against mine with my eyes shut and open, 5 balls each from 5 feet on the carpet. The only club that felt better balanced than mine with eyes closed was a Bettinardi beauty priced at a whopping 395$. I don´t mind telling people who ask what clubs I use that I like these clubs better just because they´re half as expensive and almost as good as theirs, and in fact I won´t even ask them to give me any hcp points for gaming my crappy clubs against their "latest technology". But that takes a certain character, I guess.

I love my Gigagolf clubs and the only reason I might change them is to expand within these GG ranges to buy the longer iron Pursuit CBs or hybrids. I am also very tempted by the Acer XS CNC milled forged irons which look awesome and the Maltby forged irons by Golfworks. It´s much easier to switch clubs when a set of irons costs 300$ rather than 1000$ at least when you're on a Budget.

• 6 months later...

If you are looking at buying their clubs I would strongly urge you to spend 5 minutes to read the entire review.

Unlike most people who have left reviews I actually went to a professional club fitter that has a Trackman radar system. The Trackman is a $20,000 dual radar system that is used by almost all PGA tour pros. It tracks every possible aspect of your swing from the plane, angle of attack, ball speed, spin, club head speed, ect... Here are the actual results which you can view at the link below.

All shots were done with a 7 iron. I tested the Mizuno JPX, Ping le1, Nike Vapor, Callaway XR, and Cobra Fly Z. If you would just like a summary you can proceed to the 2 points below.

https://trackmanfilesus.blob.core.windows.net/publicfiles/96a8d2cb-ff88-412f-9715-579603ae5a75/Sterling%20Suhr%202015-07-25%20Multi%20Group%20Report.pdf

1.) Ball Speed - On average the Gigajunk had a 9% low ball speed. Why is this so important you might ask...keep reading.

2.) Carry Distance - On average with the name brand clubs I had an average carry of 167 yards with the 7 irons. With the Gigajunk irons I had an average carry of ONLY 146 yards! That is a 21 yards less carry with a 7 iron! Ask yourself this...would you rather take a 7 iron into the green or a 5 iron? I think you get the point.

The next point is for all of those who think they will just try the clubs and then send them back under the "30 Day Play Guarantee". I got the "return merchandise" email from Gigagolf on July 31st of 2015. I then sent the clubs back which they confirmed they received them via email and via audio recording, of which I have both.

After a month had passed I emailed them to say I did not get the refund. They said they would send it out right away. I never received it so I emailed them 2 months later. They have continued to say they would send it but never have. It has now been 7 months and still no refund.

I have tried 2 sets of their clubs on the Trackman and both sets of clubs performed just as poorly. ALL of their clubs are terrible and I would highly recommend avoiding them. For only $100 more you can get a name brand set that will blow them away.

For Gigagolf....you can send the refund or I can continue to post these reviews on every possible location I can find. I could really care less about the money but I do care about companies ripping off consumers. While $300 doesn't really mean anything to me, I don't want to see you screw someone who can't afford to lose it on an inferior product.

Note: This thread is 2971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!