IGNORED

Walking My Way to Better Health

TST Feedbot
Note: This thread is 4717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

by Ron Varrial: link

Ditching the cart has been just the kick I needed, and the pounds keep falling off.

• Upvote 1

Please do not comment on this thread.

Please comment on the original article.

Thank you.

Awesome article!!

I also have dedicated my 2011 season to walk more rounds then I ever thought of in the past...Thus far 8 out of the 9 rounds I've been blessed enough to play I have walked them and I can surely attest walking does make your health better not alone slows down the game from shot to shot...Just like the article I have gone out and invested in premium Adidas "tour" shoes knowing I was committed to walking.  I feel so much better at the end of each round and the score doesn't even matter...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Shanker

Awesome article!!

Thanks for your comment. I'm sure Ron would appreciate it if you could please copy your comment to the article itself rather than on the bot-created thread that points out that there's a new article.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh! I used to love walking instead of riding, but now I have a desk job and I've been getting the worst shin splints I could ever imagine! Worse than the transition from football to basketball in highschool!

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Our local course is a heck of a walk, one of the holes goes about 120 feet up a mountain. Last year I played a ton of golf and walked almost every round. From late April through mid-October and dropped almost 50lbs. I gained a lot of it back due to winter but bought some things for this winter so I can keep it off this time. Lots of calories you can walk off on the course!

I have been walking (and carrying) for all my rounds (14) this year. Have lost 24 pounds and feel great!! Beats running pumping weights etc and my hcp is going down.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Walking nine once or twice a week is the supplement to my regular exercise, road cycling.  What I don't get is when guys ride carts on days after it's rained and it's "Cart Paths Only".  They end up walking back and forth from their cart to the ball so much that it would have been easier and faster just to walk.  Good job....keep walking out there!

Great article - In Ireland it is quite the opposite. 99% of golfers use the push cart, electric push cart or carry the bag. It is definitley the exception rather than the rule to see someone riding in a Golf cart. I recently went from the elctric to the manual push cart(beacuse the electric broke) and now the season has fully kicked off, I have definitley lost a few pounds so i don't think I will be getting the electric fixed anytime soon!!!!

• Administrator

Thanks for your comment. I'm sure Ron would appreciate it if you could please copy your comment to the article itself rather than on the bot-created thread that points out that there's a new article.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ive decided this year to walk when im playing alone, which is most of the time.   I bought a bag boy sc 180 cart recently from rockbottomgolf.com as I wanted my own push cart and found the good deal i was looking for on a quality cart.   Im not really looking to lose any weight, just maintain my current weight and supplement my workout routine and save a few bucks each time as I dont have to pay for a riding cart so I can afford to play more often, at the courses around here its anywhere from 7-10 bucks to walk 9 holes so its a very economical way to play more.   I usually just walk 9 holes, might attempt 18 today as im off work so I dont have to save any energy for later.   Hoping another item that i just bought arrives today, insulated water bottle as I dont want to carry a cooler hanging off my cart and drinking lukewarm water is not that refreshing, it doesnt stay cold long exposed to the elements even though i keep it in the cooler until i start playing.   I found one for a reasonable price on ebay that should fit my bottle holder on my cart, just hoping it can keep my drinks cold.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Note: This thread is 4717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!