IGNORED

whats your go to club?

BritBoy
Note: This thread is 6315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For teeing off I'd have to say my Rescue Dual, and as far as irons I'd have to say anything from my 7-9 iron.

Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

When I think of a "go to club", I think of a club which I can swing well from most any condition or lie or hazard and have a good feel for accuracy and distance. To me a 7, 8 or 9 fits this description the best. To be able to play distance to use this club on a lot of holes to me translates into lower scores. Drivers and three woods lack the needed utility to be "go to clubs" on many holes and off of tough lies. For me, I like the 8 iron.

If, and when, I'm struggling off the tee for longer holes I always go to my 3-wood. I can get it out there in the fairway 240 or so and still make a good run at the hole.

For shorter holes, anytime I need to make a good score, I take whatever I need to get me to 150 and a nice, smooth 8 iron. I'm not good enough to get it to 10 feet every time, but I'm very confident that I will have a putt at birdie.

I know it's nothing unique, but that seems to work for me. I've actually developed a friendship now with my 3 iron for reaching a par 5 in two. It's nothing I would say I could go to, but the confidence is building.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

Off the tee.......Rescue Mid,

From the fairway with 280-300 to the pin, I'll hit back to back 7 irons. I love my lucky s7even!!

My Bag

Taylor Made: R580XD, Graffaloy Prototype Comp NT X
Callaway: Hawkeye VFT Pro 13*, Fujikura Vista Pro 70 S
Taylor Made: Rescue Mid TP 16*, Fujikura Vista Pro 90 STop Flite: Tour Grind 3-P, Rifle 5.0Cleveland: CG10 Black Pearl 54*Cleveland: Reg. 485 60*Heavy Putter: B1 malletT...

If Im hitting my good ol' pull hooks with the driver i tend to want to play driver more so i can try and straighten it out (probably not the best thing to do) but if im on a 375 yard hole or less i'll go 3 iron, 7.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!