IGNORED

Chest cartilage pain

jshots
Note: This thread is 4704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone ever injured cartilage in the chest from golfing? I injured my chest snowboarding when i was14 years old from landing a long jump flat on my back. Now it seems much more easily injurable and the pain comes back occasionally from pressure being put on my chest but I've never had it happen from playing golf.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, I have some pain in my chest.  Sometimes it feels like it needs to "pop", and I can usually make it pop by stretching and taking a deep breath.  For me, this feeling usually signals that it's time for a trip to the chiropractor.  The ribs connect to the vertebrae in the back, so if the vertebrae are out of whack it makes sense that the chest would experience some change as well.  Do you see a chiropractor?  I know some people are skeptical, and some people (even chiros themselves) will attribute all sorts of far-fetched things to chiropractic care, but to me the proper alignment, pinched nerve, and freedom of motion stuff just makes sense.  Having had minor alignment issues, it's made a huge difference to me!

Golfwise, any necessary popping usually works itself out in my warmup routine and practice swings.

I have something wrong with my left side/centre of my chest. It feels like I get an electric shock or punch to the chest occasionally.

I think it is a nerve or a muscle pulling or something

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by BradMatejo

Yes, I have some pain in my chest.  Sometimes it feels like it needs to "pop", and I can usually make it pop by stretching and taking a deep breath.  For me, this feeling usually signals that it's time for a trip to the chiropractor.  The ribs connect to the vertebrae in the back, so if the vertebrae are out of whack it makes sense that the chest would experience some change as well.  Do you see a chiropractor?  I know some people are skeptical, and some people (even chiros themselves) will attribute all sorts of far-fetched things to chiropractic care, but to me the proper alignment, pinched nerve, and freedom of motion stuff just makes sense.  Having had minor alignment issues, it's made a huge difference to me!

Golfwise, any necessary popping usually works itself out in my warmup routine and practice swings.

Interesting i'd never thought of it, but I often have pain in my upper back right in the center and it would certainly make sense that they are related. I'm only 21 and i've never been to a chiropracter, but maybe its time i try it. Both of my parents swear by the chiropracters.

:whistle:

It could be your abdominal oblique muscles that run along your rib cage and can be injured during a golf club or baseball bat swing.  Injuries to the obliques are often confused with rib injuries.  If you want more information, here's a link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_external_oblique_muscle

Joe Paradiso

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costochondritis

I'm a respiratory therapist, but I'm drawing this information from personal experience.  Have some recurrent inflammation along the left side of my sternum -- And tons of chronic pain along the lower right section of my rib cage (Which I separated many years ago).  Chest wall pain is one of those annoyances that can fall into 'probably no big deal, but needs to be checked out since it's chest pain'.

My sternum tends to pop, too.  First time was pretty disconcerting, heh.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

Note: This thread is 4704 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!