IGNORED

Making singles reservations

ejimsmith
Note: This thread is 4441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Fourputt

It's a common practice that you get 2 carts per four players.  Do you think that courses have unlimited carts available?  Also, the cart fee pays for the cost and upkeep on the cart.  Single riders pay only half of the fee, but still put the same amount of wear and tear, so if a course allowed single riders as a standard policy, the cart fees would have to be higher to compensate.  The only time my home course allows a solo rider is if there is only one or three riders in a group.

Another difference between the courses I've played over this side of the pond and US courses. Over here on the courses I've played, we pay per cart, not per person so if I go out as a single and I choose to use a cart (I never do!) I'd pay the full amount for the cart by myself. If I go out with my father-in-law or a friend and we get a cart the cart fee is split between the two of us.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I'm so glad I live in Sweden after reading all your comments! Here we have one website to book a time at any of the golf courses in Sweden and there's not a single course who won't accept a single booking a tee time whenever. And you could also just book on a time that already holds a single, 2some or 3some and just tee off with them.

Driver: Ping i15, 3 Wood: Ping i15, Irons: Mizuno MP-53, Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, Cleveland CG15, Putter: Ping iN Anser V2

• 5 months later...

just wanted to say i had a free day last monday (president's day), and couldn't make a singles reservation.  (well, industry hills would take one, they always take single reservations, except they had a tourney that day so i couldn't play in the morning).   but all the american golf-run courses said no.  what did i do?  i made a reservation for a 2-some, showed up and simply said my partner couldn't make it. i was put in a group with another 2-some and a single.  now, why i couldn't make a reservation to do that?  this is why, when i want to play as a single on the weekend, i call industry hills.  they'll gladly take it.   and i *know* that a few years ago i could make a single at skylinks (an american golf course), and the only odd thing was they moved my tee time back to fit w/ a 3-some.  that was fine, as i still had a time so i could warm up, putt, etc...  and not feel like "hey, you want to play as a single?  there's a group teeing off right now".   too many times i've gone straight from car to tee box, that i even prep at my car -- get all my stuff in order -- just so i don't have that feeling of panic that i need to tee off immediately.

in short... give singles a break!!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Playing as a single is easy... Just use Golfnow.  When I need to get out and my buddies aren't available... I use Golfnow and always find a time for a single.  But I also live in Socal... So there are a lot of courses to choose from.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play as a single most of the time as well. Maybe once every 7 rounds I get a friend that can play. I don't have a lot of friends that golf and only a few that are around my playing level, the others are posting up 120 round scores. I don't mind playing with my friends that aren't as good but it affects my game a little when I have to wait for them to hit 3-4 shots before I get to my second shot.

So I play as a single a lot and get paired up when I get to the course. The courses I play at I've never really had a problem getting on the course. The course I'm a member at I know I can play anytime, and other courses I just call the day of and see if they have any open slots for a single, they usually tell me to just come down and they will get me out, with very little wait.

I'm with y'all, usually going to the course by myself.  No tee times for singles--and this is further complicated by my preferred playing time.  I've got an 11-month old, and my wife stays at home, so weekends are family time.  I'll typically play once on the weekend, but try to get home before 1100.  So, it's a sunrise walk-on for me.

My usual course has a liberal sunrise walk-on policy, and as a single I've played dozens of Saturday AM rounds there teeing off within 30 mins of sunrise.  They block the first hour of tee times for high-ranking folks (it's a military course), a few other regulars, and walk-ons.  However, they just recently changed their policy.  Showed up there three weekends ago and they wouldn't let me pay until the starter called me.  Then I waited.  And waited.  And waited some more.  Eventually went off the back, but was limited to 9 holes for the day.

I hope this isn't the new normal, because this has been my go-to golf routine (unless I have a round actually scheduled with friends) since my daughter was born.  There aren't any other courses that I can play and be home by 1100, either because they don't start early enough, or I'll have to drive half and hour or more to get there.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

I'm with y'all, usually going to the course by myself.  No tee times for singles--and this is further complicated by my preferred playing time.  I've got an 11-month old, and my wife stays at home, so weekends are family time.  I'll typically play once on the weekend, but try to get home before 1100.  So, it's a sunrise walk-on for me.

My usual course has a liberal sunrise walk-on policy, and as a single I've played dozens of Saturday AM rounds there teeing off within 30 mins of sunrise.  They block the first hour of tee times for high-ranking folks (it's a military course), a few other regulars, and walk-ons.  However, they just recently changed their policy.  Showed up there three weekends ago and they wouldn't let me pay until the starter called me.  Then I waited.  And waited.  And waited some more.  Eventually went off the back, but was limited to 9 holes for the day.

I hope this isn't the new normal, because this has been my go-to golf routine (unless I have a round actually scheduled with friends) since my daughter was born.  There aren't any other courses that I can play and be home by 1100, either because they don't start early enough, or I'll have to drive half and hour or more to get there.

Hey K-troop. Sounds like you're in the miltary, where are you stationed and what course are you refering to? My son is a submariner stationed at Pearl. We're planing a trip to see him probably next year and I was just wondering which course you were playing? Thanks.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Playing as a single is easy... Just use Golfnow.  When I need to get out and my buddies aren't available... I use Golfnow and always find a time for a single.  But I also live in Socal... So there are a lot of courses to choose from.

I do the same here in Phoenix, AZ.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

Note: This thread is 4441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!