IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This can be the real answer to all this, otherwise why Bubba would play an Euro Tour event?!?

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

what's most likely is he was offered an appearance fee if he made it through the weekend. so technically, he can still say he didn't collect any money.

You basically asked was I calling Bubba a liar twice. Any response to that would result in an argument. Cheerio.

Originally Posted by shades9323

Why would I try to drag you into a cat fight?  I am not a woman. Just pointing out that Bubba said he didn't get any money.  IMO, Bubba saying that trumps any "report" out there that insinuates he did, thus no conflicting reports.

I asked once and you didn't answer. Why do you think that would lead to an argument? I think you are getting the words argument and discussion confused. I have noticed that you are awfully defensive on these forums.

Originally Posted by deasy55

You basically asked was I calling Bubba a liar twice. Any response to that would result in an argument. Cheerio.

Ok then. Yes, I think Bubba is a liar. "Promotional Services Fees " are handed out to all the top names at European Tour events (and Bubba was one of them in France). Perhaps Bubba thinks there is a difference between a Promotional Service Fee and an Appearance Fee or something. Perhaps he didn't get paid because he didn't do the promotional service that the fee required.

(Let's see what happens now)

Quote:

I asked once and you didn't answer. Why do you think that would lead to an argument? I think you are getting the words argument and discussion confused. I have noticed that you are awfully defensive on these forums.

Ok then. Yes, I think Bubba is a liar. "Promotional Services Fees " are handed out to all the top names at European Tour events (and Bubba was one of them in France). Perhaps Bubba thinks there is a difference between a Promotional Service Fee and an Appearance Fee or something. Perhaps he didn't get paid because he didn't do the promotional service that the fee required.

(Let's see what happens now)

Quote:

I still do not see anywhere in your post that says "why" you think Bubba is a liar. You use the word PERHAPS a lot but that isnt explaining why.

Ok......because I believe a promotional services fee was involved. I thought that was pretty clear in my post.

It's my opinion. I'm quite entitled to believe that as much as someone believing Bubba was telling the truth.

Originally Posted by Callahan14

I still do not see anywhere in your post that says "why" you think Bubba is a liar. You use the word PERHAPS a lot but that isnt explaining why.

He's just crap,

What about him playing the Open the next week? he was out there also and no homesick or what so ever.

He's just an ass thinking he is to good for Europe.

Was following him on twitter for a while, what i read there you can not say for sure that he is smart what so ever.

actualy i think he is the dumbass. As for Dustin he is a fair player making golf look good all over the world.

He behaves like he should be, just be a gent on and of the course ( if he is smart or not )

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Why do you believe that he got a promotional services fee?  Have you read that somewhere from someone with authority? I applaud your honesty in your answer about Bubba being a liar. I am inclined to believe that he is not a liar as there is no precedence.

Ok......because I believe a promotional services fee was involved. I thought that was pretty clear in my post.

It's my opinion. I'm quite entitled to believe that as much as someone believing Bubba was telling the truth.

Because it's basically unheard of that a player of that stature wouldn't be getting a fee to play in a tournament on the Euro Tour that isn't their national open. I just don't believe that a person like Bubba would come to play in the French Open to merely experience something new and then decide that he's homesick and that "it's not a normal tournament" after about 12 hours (whatever a normal tournament means).

I'm fully open to being proven wrong but I'm not going to change my opinion on the matter purely because Bubba himself linked us to a story showing him in the best light possible that the situation permitted.

Why do you believe that he got a promotional services fee?  Have you read that somewhere from someone with authority? I applaud your honesty in your answer about Bubba being a liar. I am inclined to believe that he is not a liar as there is no precedence.

Guys seriously... do you think there are other reasons besides money or promotional service fee or appearence fee or timp or how do you want to call it, that would make Bubba play an Euro tour event that is not The Open?!?

In Italy there is a way of saying like this:"there is no worst deaf than the one who doesn't want to listen" meaning that you don't want to see the reality of the facts: I think you are just trying to defent your fellow American and try to make him appear nice while there is nothing to defend... he is arrogant and ignorant, or maybe here is just different.

Likewise I am not going to change my mind unless I see evidence(proof) that supports that he was paid.  I am inclined to believe the story since the writer seems to have interviewed Bubba for the story. After all that has happened, why would Bubba put a lie out there which if proven as a lie would make him look even worse?

Because it's basically unheard of that a player of that stature wouldn't be getting a fee to play in a tournament on the Euro Tour that isn't their national open. I just don't believe that a person like Bubba would come to play in the French Open to merely experience something new and then decide that he's homesick and that "it's not a normal tournament" after about 12 hours (whatever a normal tournament means).

I'm fully open to being proven wrong but I'm not going to change my opinion on the matter purely because Bubba himself linked us to a story showing him in the best light possible that the situation permitted.

What makes you think Bubba got a promotional service fee?  Just asking.

Maybe cause a not proven lie would make him look better?

Anyway, it's so cute that you guys think that Bubba played in France (and Scandinavian masters btw) for free :)

Likewise I am not going to change my mind unless I see evidence(proof) that supports that he was paid.  I am inclined to believe the story since the writer seems to have interviewed Bubba for the story. After all that has happened, why would Bubba put a lie out there which if proven as a lie would make him look even worse?

I have no idea why Bubba went to play in France.  Perhaps there would have been an appearance fee had he made the cut, which he did not.  Thus, no appearance fee. If Bubba says he didn't get an appearance fee I'll believe him until someone from the Euro Tour says otherwise. I see no one from the Euro Tour saying that Bubba was paid the fee.  I may have missed it though.  If they have, please link it and perhaps I'll change my mind.

You speak of facts, but show no supporting evidence for you assertation that he was paid. I could buy that he is arrogant and ignorant. The majority of professional athletes and persons at the top of their profession are arrogant. Arrogance helped to get them where they are. We are all ignorant to some extent about something. If you say you aren't, you are kidding yourself. Now, most of us aren't going to outwordly show our ignorance like Bubba has, but I admire him for not sugar coating things.

This isn't a case of me defending him because he is American. I find it absurd that you would think that. Actually kind of ignorant of you. If this were somebody from another country I would still take the same stance.

Quote:

Guys seriously... do you think there are other reasons besides money or promotional service fee or appearence fee or timp or how do you want to call it, that would make Bubba play an Euro tour event that is not The Open?!?

In Italy there is a way of saying like this:"there is no worst deaf than the one who doesn't want to listen" meaning that you don't want to see the reality of the facts: I think you are just trying to defent your fellow American and try to make him appear nice while there is nothing to defend... he is arrogant and ignorant, or maybe here is just different.

It is so cute that you say he was paid, but can't prove it.

Originally Posted by makaveli

Maybe cause a not proven lie would make him look better?

Anyway, it's so cute that you guys think that Bubba played in France (and Scandinavian masters btw) for free :)

Actually, it's highly unlikely that a player of his stature wouldn't receive a fee for playing in Europe. But I respect your opinion.

Originally Posted by Callahan14

Highly unlikely that Bubba got any kind of fees for playing over there, Ill believe it when I see it.

Note: This thread is 4658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!