IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note:Β This thread is 4657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by shades9323

Where did you get your info from?Β  Do you have insider info?Β  If so, you need to share more.Β  We will eat it up.

It is irrelevant to the discussion of an appearance fee by the Euro Tour, which is what we are discussing.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that the only payment I am discussing is an appearance fee paid by the Euro Tour?Β  I don't give two Ricardo Ricco's about any other payment Bubba MAY have received by anybody outside the Euro Tour.

I understand that he may have gotten sponsors bonuses.Β  He also gets those for playing on his own tour. I am not discussing the merits of any other pay outside of the appearance fee.Β  I thought we cleared that up.

Here is the question that is being discussed: "Did Bubba Watson receive an appearance fee from the European Tour?" The answer is no he did not.

/end discussion

Inside info - yes. I can't and won't be more specific. I hope you understand. There's plenty more to be 'lapped up' but none of it is supported by articles so will always be dismissed straight away (see my first few posts in this epic thread)

Point taken about sponsors fees. My information is that Bubba was being paid an appearance fee by the organisers of the French Open (notΒ necessarily the European Tour btw).

I take Bubba at his word.Β  Bubba said he didn't get paid an appearance fee. I do not take Bubba for a liar.Β  makaveli doesn't think he got an appearance fee.Β  The lack of proof that he was paid is a great indicator of proof that he was not paid.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Quote:

And you know this how? We don't know either way. It's unlikely he wasn'tΒ offered oneΒ butΒ we don't know either way. I emailed the promoter earlier to see would he reply (extremely unlikely) and clear this up.

Your opinion doesn't "/end discussion". That's just being arrogant

Hello there? I know you need somebody supporting your thesis but don't twist the meaning of my words dude! ;)

And I am now offended by the fact that you put me and Bubba on the same importance level! :D

I take Bubba at his word.Β  Bubba said he didn't get paid an appearance fee. I do not take Bubba for a liar.Β  makaveli doesn't think he got an appearance fee.Β  The lack of proof that he was paid is a great indicator of proof that he was not paid.

Feel free to pm me any insider info you have! That kind of information is cool to hear.Β  If you say you are an insider, I'll take you for your word. It is easy to understand why you wouldn't give away your sources. It is easy to see why your claims would be dismissed straight away if you just come in and post something without saying you are an insider or providing an article.Β  Especially when you just joined the site this month.

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Inside info - yes. I can't and won't be more specific. I hope you understand. There's plenty more to be 'lapped up' but none of it is supported by articles so will always be dismissed straight away (see my first few posts in this epic thread)

Point taken about sponsors fees. My information is that Bubba was being paid an appearance fee by the organisers of the French Open (notΒ necessarily the European Tour btw).

I wish I could go to the golf course! Not enough time in the day.

Originally Posted by makaveli

Thank you Journeyman!

Can we all go back to the golf course now? :)

Sure he didn't get the money but he would if he would have made the cut... can you understand my point?

Hello there? I know you need somebody supporting your thesis but don't twist the meaning of my words dude! ;)

And I am now offended by the fact that you put me and Bubba on the same importance level! :D

No twisting of words.Β  Above I have directly quoted you saying that he didn't get the fee but would have if he made the cut.Β  He did not make the cut, therefore by your own words did not get the money.Β  If you didn't mean what you said in the above sentence, what did you mean?

To sum up this whole thread "Your opinion is wrong, mine is correct". "No yours is wrong, mine is correct"

We are all guilty of it.

(Yes, even you. Yes you! The person about to reply to this post saying you didn't do that)

You're wrong. I wasn't about to reply. So there.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You are a towel!

(South Park quote)

Originally Posted by deasy55

To sum up this whole thread "Your opinion is wrong, mine is correct". "No yours is wrong, mine is correct"

We are all guilty of it.

(Yes, even you. Yes you! The person about to reply to this post saying you didn't do that)

Dude... I said that he got no money but I intended it in a different way you do, it's sad you don't get it... it's after posts like this that I am convincing myself that you are the one on the right in your avatar...

No twisting of words.Β  Above I have directly quoted you saying that he didn't get the fee but would have if he made the cut.Β  He did not make the cut, therefore by your own words did not get the money.Β  If you didn't mean what you said in the above sentence, what did you mean?

How did you intend it? It is right there for all to see exactly what you said. You said and I quote, "Sure he didn't get the money but he would if he would have made the cut . ... . To me that means that you think he didn't get the money, however he would have if he made the cut. Maybe there is a breakdown of communication accross the ocean.Β  When I say he didn't get an appearance fee, I mean he didn't get an appearance fee? Why didn't you say it the way you intended instead of stating that he got no appearance fee? You are so confusing.

The way it reads:

makaveli: bubba didn't get an appearance fee because he didn't make the cut

I'll put the question out there again. Did Bubba Watson receive an appearance fee for going to the French Open.Β  This question is directed at makaveli specifically. Here is the chance for you to give your "final answer".

Dude... I said that he got no money but I intended it in a different way you do, it's sad you don't get it... it's after posts like this that I am convincing myself that you are the one on the right in your avatar...

It is sad that you have to resort to insults on a dicussion forum for golf. Not very gentlemanly of you.

Hello shades, good morning! :D How about going to Medinah together in 2012 I think that would be pretty fun time! :D

The point of this discussion was that I said that he went to France only for the money given to him cause otherwise he would play on his own tour. Then somebody said that Bubba said that he receivedno money and so it began all the "you are saying that Bubba is a liar" thing.

We kinda ended this discussion assuming that the motivation why Bubba said he got no money from that tournament was cause the fee may be given only if he made the cut.

At the end we got Journeyman (thank you) with other infos saying that the sponsor didn't gave the fee only at the made cut but they give him money only for the appearence, which is a reasonable motivation.

Since it's logic that Bubba received money in a way or another for playing in France I don't understand where's the problem or are we just looking for an infinite catfight (intended the Irish meaning)?

The final answer may be: Bubba received money to play in another tour (surprise surprise) but he played really bad, and he even looked arrogant and ignorant during the interview. I still think you are so cute thinking that Bubba played in France for free cause this is the difference between you and me: you think Bubba played for free while I always said that Bubba went there ONLY for the money (received at the end, at the beginning or not received at all cause no cut made)

About your final answer, do you think that if I add "kind of" and " " to my avatar sentence would me more gentleman?

Ciao ciao

p.s. I am kinda getting bored writing endless posts about a think you don't want to understand... imho this thread can be ended after the Journeyman post (thank you again!)

How did you intend it? It is right there for all to see exactly what you said. You said and I quote, "Sure he didn't get the money but he would if he would have made the cutΒ . .... To me that means that you think he didn't get the money, however he would have if he made the cut. Maybe there is a breakdown of communication accross the ocean.Β  When I say he didn't get an appearance fee, I mean he didn't get an appearance fee? Why didn't you say it the way you intended instead of stating that he got no appearance fee? You are so confusing.

The way it reads:

makaveli: bubba didn't get an appearance fee because he didn't make the cut

I'll put the question out there again. Did Bubba Watson receive an appearance fee for going to the French Open.Β  This question is directed at makaveli specifically. Here is the chance for you to give your "final answer".

It is sad that you have to resort to insults on a dicussion forum for golf. Β Not very gentlemanly of you.

I hope this'll be my last post on the subject (as I'm sure many others on here do too.)

We've all got a bit distracted (in my opinion) by the did he / didn't he get an appearance fee debate. I know what I believe, but regardless of this, the fact remains that Bubba's overall behavior in France in his first outing on the European Tour was less than ideal. A lot less. He failed to give important media interviews prior to the first roundΒ (important because whether he realised or not, his presence was a major 'selling' point for the tournament),he Β disrespected the tour itself in two post round interviews and also disrespected fellow professional players. I'm willing to overlook his crass and naive statements about France's capital's landmarks - a pity he made them, but forgivable all the same.

He also, in my opinion,Β showed incredible naivety in complaining about too many cameras on him - it's attention of that nature that leads to him being given a half million dollar watch to wear - not because he's simply a nice guy. These complaints came from a guy who has in the past said "I play golf for a living, I'm not special, I'm blessed to do what I do".

Bubba and his manager have subsequently acknowledged that mistakes were made, that they got things wrong and that they needed to do better next time.

Last week, they did just that. Bubba admitted that he played bad golf in France and that he should probably have just focused on that. He also went out of his way to do the interviews that he's failed to do in France.

Time (for me) to move on and let it go. I'll no longer consider him to be the charismatic star that I believed he was prior toΒ to the French Open, but I'm willing to give him a second chance to win me over again.

Good luck Bubba - hope to see more of you in Europe in the future.

Hello shades, good morning! :D How about going to Medinah together in 2012 I think that would be pretty fun time! :D

The point of this discussion was that I said that he went to France only for the money given to him cause otherwise he would play on his own tour. Then somebody said that Bubba said that he receivedno money and so it began all the "you are saying that Bubba is a liar" thing.

We kinda ended this discussion assuming that the motivation why Bubba said he got no money from that tournament was cause the fee may be given only if he made the cut.

At the end we got Journeyman (thank you) with other infos saying that the sponsor didn't gave the fee only at the made cut but they give him money only for the appearence, which is a reasonable motivation.

Since it's logic that Bubba received money in a way or another for playing in France I don't understand where's the problem or are we just looking for an infinite catfight (intended the Irish meaning)?

The final answer may be: Bubba received money to play in another tour (surprise surprise) but he played really bad, and he even looked arrogant and ignorant during the interview. I still think you are so cute thinking that Bubba played in France for free cause this is the difference between you and me: you think Bubba played for free while I always said that Bubba went there ONLY for the money (received at the end, at the beginning or not received at all cause no cut made)

About your final answer, do you think that if I add "kind of" and "" to my avatar sentence would me more gentleman?

Ciao ciao

p.s. I am kinda getting bored writing endless posts about a think you don't want to understand... imho this thread can be ended after the Journeyman post (thank you again!)

Dude why is so hard to understand that Bubba was payed - in a way or another - to play in a tour which is not his own? I think is quite obvious...

Does anyone here actually know for sure that Bubba was paid an appearance fee?Β  if not then I would say this conversation should be over.

Originally Posted by Journeyman

I hope this'll be my last post on the subject (as I'm sure many others on here do too.)

We've all got a bit distracted (in my opinion) by the did he / didn't he get an appearance fee debate. I know what I believe, but regardless of this, the fact remains that Bubba's overall behavior in France in his first outing on the European Tour was less than ideal. A lot less. He failed to give important media interviews prior to the first roundΒ (important because whether he realised or not, his presence was a major 'selling' point for the tournament),he Β disrespected the tour itself in two post round interviews and also disrespected fellow professional players. I'm willing to overlook his crass and naive statements about France's capital's landmarks - a pity he made them, but forgivable all the same.

He also, in my opinion,Β showed incredible naivety in complaining about too many cameras on him - it's attention of that nature that leads to him being given a half million dollar watch to wear - not because he's simply a nice guy. These complaints came from a guy who has in the past said "I play golf for a living, I'm not special, I'm blessed to do what I do".

Bubba and his manager have subsequently acknowledged that mistakes were made, that they got things wrong and that they needed to do better next time.

Last week, they did just that. Bubba admitted that he played bad golf in France and that he should probably have just focused on that. He also went out of his way to do the interviews that he's failed to do in France.

Time (for me) to move on and let it go. I'll no longer consider him to be the charismatic star that I believed he was prior toΒ to the French Open, but I'm willing to give him a second chance to win me over again.

Good luck Bubba - hope to see more of you in Europe in the future.

Agreed!

Originally Posted by Callahan14

What does this question have to do with my question?

Your question was : " So appearance fees and other fees are only given to the players if they make the cut? "

My short answer was the one you quoted.

My bit longer answer is: I have no idea how the various types of fees work and I really don't want to know, BUT we know that Bubba is not stupid in playing for free an event of the Euro Tour, don't you think? So how the fees work is not that relevant to the general question which more or less was: was Bubba payed to play in France? If you don't want to believe that the answer is yes, well, we can't do much for that...

Originally Posted by Callahan14

Does anyone here actually know for sure that Bubba was paid an appearance fee?Β  if not then I would say this conversation should be over.

I am pretty sure Journeyman answered that question. I repeat, it's so cute that you are so convinced that Bubba played for free in France, good for you! :)

Didn't he have some sort of contract with a watch company that required him to be in France?

Quote:

Originally Posted by makaveli View Post

Do you have other explanations of why Bubba was playing the French Open?

Note:Β This thread is 4657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!