IGNORED

Who likes Ping irons?

BigHitta
Note: This thread is 6257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After demoing a load of irons, I have decided that I really like the S58's by Ping and a handfull others.

I'm considering getting them fit at the Ping factory when I visit Phoenix.

I have only heard good things about Ping iron's and their customer service.

If anyone ever had complaints about Ping or wanted to reinforce the quality of Ping, please respond.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

I've had ping irons for a few years now and have absolutely no issues with them as far as performance or quality. My wife ordered a set a year ago and they engraved her name on them in the area where the serial number goes.

Fred

Fred

In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 10.5° (Stiff Shaft)
TaylorMade 3-Wood: Ping I3 irons: Ping I3Wedges: PingPutter: Odyssey 2 ballHome Course: Golden West Golf Course

I have posted before how much I like Ping. I will be adding several new pieces of Ping equipment to my bag this spring. The S58's are really nice, I hit them right after they came out and have wanted to switch ever since. In customer service they are unequaled IMHO in the golf business. The fitting center in Phoenix is supposed to be really, although I have never been there myself.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had I3 blades in my bag since what...2000 I believe...I CANNOT get rid of them for the life of me...

My friends say they are made of some freakish material where the weighting just explodes the ball....They are right, I have never found the distance and control with ANY other iron on the market, including Ping's S59's...I would like to try the S58's though.

Irons are ALL preference though...what I like and may use could be the exact opposite of you. Getting fit during DEMO days are the sure way to be hitting the right clubs for your game. Hope this helps!
Ping i15 8.5 Stock Stiff
Titleist 906F2 13* w/UST V2 FW 92g X

Titleist AP2 3-GW (KBS Tour)
Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl (56/60)

Titleist Cameron Futura 34" & Titleist ProV1x

If anyone ever had complaints about Ping or wanted to reinforce the quality of Ping, please respond.

I've had so many sets of irons I can't even remember all of them. Wilson Staff forged blades, PowerBilt Citation forged blades, Ram Laser X2, Ping Eye2+, Hogan GCD, Cleveland TA-5, Callaway Pro Series X-14, and probably some more.

Of all of these, my favorite -- BY FAR -- was the Ping Eye2+ irons. I traded them in on the Cleveland TA-5 irons I bought in '02. It was about 6 months later I started wondering what in the world had I done, trading in my favorite irons of all time for TA-5s. I still regret trading in the Pings. In case you're wondering why I didn't buy Ping I3 irons when I bought the Clevelands, it was because I just didn't like the looks of the Ping I3s -- not how they looked when addressing the ball, but how the back of the club with the I3 on it looked. I was so unenamored of the TA-5s that I bought a used set of Callaway Pro Series X-14 irons to replace the TA-5s. The X-14s are my 2nd favorite set of irons, but IMO they are not even in the same ballpark as the Eye2+ irons. Live & learn . . .

Ping makes really good golf clubs.

If you get fitted by a Pro, you can have new clubs built to your needs in hand in less than a week. I really think Ping is the way to go in clubs.

The greatest golfer in the history of the 1300 block of Patricia Avenue!

Tried the Ping S58 on demo day and I personally liked it better than the S59. Ping also gives great custom fitting so it's a really nice club to play with. The only reason I don't go for Ping is because of their looks. However if you don't mind the looks, the irons and the drivers perform great. Also, they do have a harsher feel compared to the forged irons. But overall a good choice.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I've had PING equipment for the last two and half years; I have a local pro who gives me good prices and has been named the Ping Canadian Clubfitter of the year three times. He sells all major brands, and I tried them, but liked the Pings the best.
I was fitted and had my irons in about 10 days; the following year I was fitted on the launch monitor for a G2 driver when the Ping van came through and it is the best driver I have ever hit. Was then fitted for a G5 fairway wood and hybrid last year.
Their customer service and quality of service is great. I know people who have been to the Ping factory and they say the quality control is amazing. The best thing is that I recently took some lessons and became less upright in my swing. I went and hit my irons on the lie board again and found they needed to be more flat; sent them away to Ping and they did the adjustments at no charge.

I guess it is easy to see where I stand on Ping products

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I've been playing with the S59's for about a year and a half now and they're the best irons I've ever owned.

When I first held them I liked the square clean look and the club has a very nice balance to it. I switched to them after playing Mizuno for about 5 years. I got a bad set of 32's and the rep said they woreout from excessive hitting and I didn't agree (my 33's held up much better). So that was it for Mizuno, I'm not spending $$$ every year for a new set.

Get the S58's, you won't regret it (I like them more than the 59's).

My first set of clubs (7 years old) were patti berg blades donated to the boys' club because my mom couldn't afford anything new but when times got a bit better I had a set of toski blades until about high school when I started playing some serious golf. That was when I got a set of eye2s and had them until after college. I have since had several sets of irons not manufactured by ping but will always attribute much of my early success in golf to those eye2 irons. My last purchase was a set of taylor made mb irons (which I really like) but they were narrowly purchased over a set of s59s which carried weight with me just because of the ping name. All in all I think ping has always had a great thing going and a very admirable business model and I don't think anyone could really go wrong in purchasing their products.
ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a long time to decide on a set of irons a couple of years ago, but i know i made the right decision. I got the G2's with the 3-5 HL (3 has been replaced with a Cleveland Halo). I really like these. They have a great feel to them (weight wise) and they don't look like all the others, shiny & chrome like. It's kind of like cars, some people will only buy Fords, and some only Chevys, depending on personal experience, or just listening to others. I personally don't like Callaway drivers or irons, though i haven't tried them all, and they are very good, but i'm officially a Ping person now. A lot of people are using Mizunos. Next time I will try some, but i'm sure i will stick with Pings...

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I had Ping Zing2's from '95-2000 and I3 Blades till 2005. great feeling club. The only reason I switched was I really started getting into a thin top line and Mizuno had sharper edges and a thin top line.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• 2 weeks later...
Of all of these, my favorite -- BY FAR -- was the Ping Eye2+ irons. I traded them in on the Cleveland TA-5 irons I bought in '02. It was about 6 months later I started wondering what in the world had I done, trading in my favorite irons of all time for TA-5s. I

Awesome. My Eye2+s are my first set of decent irons and I love them. I've been tempted to "upgrade" to something more modern here and there, but I figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't know how they're made or what exactly they're made of, but these things were built to last. They still look and play new.

Gamers:
Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5* (Aldila VS Proto 65s)
3 Woood: Ping G5, 15* (Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75s)
Hybrid: Adams Idea A2, 3i/20* (Aldila NV 85s)
Irons (4-PW): Ping Eye2+ Black Dot (KT Steel Stiff)Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series 252.08, Spin-Milled SM56.10/SM60.04Putter: Guerin Rife...

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 6257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!