IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Cleveland Launcher for me. I have a tendency to hit the ball high so I use 8.5 degrees Launcher 400. I used to use Taylor Made but I started to get really pissed off with new models continually coming out and making my existing club worthless on a trade it. I now have a rule to only buy 2nd hand drivers as most of manufacturers seem to release a new model every year without really changing much of the technology

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Titleist man for quite awhile. I just recently purchased a 907 that is hard for me to get use to. Before that I played a 983K for quite some time. It's hard for me to get use to the "Big" head.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Wow I guess the commercial is right TM is the #1 driver in golf hands down. My R7 quad is 3 years old, I changed the shaft out last year and I put a Harrison Mugen XS in it and this year my avg. drive is 286 yards. I bought a TP weight kit off ebay and I've work out a weight pattern that has worked well for me this year.

MacGregor M38 10.5 - great buy on eBay and I love the forgiveness.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

i had bought the r7 Superquad a day ago and i loved it. It gives a better pop on impact and also the thin wall technology gives me less rpm on the ball. I paired it up with a stiff ProForce V2 75g shaft to promote even less rpm's with its higher kick point.

Whats in my bag:
Driver: r7 Superquad 9.5 with stiff ProForce V2 75g
Wood: r7 Steel 4 wood stiff stock shaft
Hybrid: 3DX ironwood 3 with stiff Aldila NV Hybrid shaft
Irons: r7 with Project X 6.0 +1"Wedges: 52, 56, 60 spin milledPutter: Rossa Corzina

I have been using 2 lately. I recently purchased a Ping Rapture and really like it. But I can't seem to let go of my trusty Titleist 905T. I just love this club and the feel and workability. But for raw distance the Ping always wins hands down.

What's in my bag?
Driver Rapture 9.0* Oban Devotion 75G.
5 wood 904F
Hybrid Rapture 21*
Irons MP-60'SWedges Vokey SM 58 oil can. 54* TOUR-W, Solus 51*Putter Squareback You have to go out, but you don't have to come back.

taylormade r5 dual neutral weighted.. just got it back yesterday from being reshafted with the aldila nv 65 stiff. LOVE IT .... the flight is a lot better now, much more boring and piercing.. on average a little low but i think i'm just not hodling my wrist-club angle well enough (lagging the club) so when i do hit it well it goes nicely

and i just got a titleist 905r from one of my friends... getting that reshafted with the pink nv 65 stiff so i don't have it on me.. hopefully it'll be great as well

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I just got the Nike Sumo yesterday, and I love it. I have only played nine holes with it but I hit 6/7 fairways and also picked up a few yards along with loads of accuracy. I tried the Burner, Sumo2 and also the FT-5 and hit the Sumo farther and straighter then of my other choices.

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

I have the Ping G-5 12 degree. Understand that up until 8 months ago I was still hitting a Ping persimmon eye two, which probably is what 100cc,and I loved it. Truth be told, people were hitting farther than me. I saw no reason to get a metal wood, what I'm suddenly going to the senoir tour?
My golf partner convinced me I need to go metal, so I did. My clubs are Ping so I went Ping.
Truth be told I hit about fifty yards farther, but of course this fouls up my whole course strategy.

I just went from a Titleist 975D 9.5* to a Calloway BB 454 9* with the NV 65 stiff shaft. So far, so good.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Titleist 983 K.. been using it since the first week it came out
Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

Just obtained a TM R360 Ti from ebay, after using a friend's and really liking the way it felt. I'm just not consistent enough yet to spend a lot of money on a driver. I need to get my groove first.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I am currently using a Nike SQ Sumo 9.5* and I love it, with it I added about 20 yards off the tee.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I use the Nike Ignite 460 10.5* with the stock fujikura regular shaft. The driver wasn't fitted for me but I still get great results. Long and relatively straight. Feels and sounds nice at impact too, unlike some more modern clubs.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Titleist 983k, im a titleist guy, and i love the 983. but the 907 series is tempting me...

WITB:
983k 9.5 - Aldila NV65
Apex Hybrid
755 - Project X flighted - 4-PW
Vokey 200 Series - 52 Vokey SM - 56,60 Rossa Mezza Monza

Titleist 983k, im a titleist guy, and i love the 983. but the 907 series is tempting me...

I'm a Titleist guy, as well. I've hit the 983 for quite awhile. I just recently picked up a 907D2. I couldn't believe the size of the head. It took a couple of sessions on the practice range to get comfortable with it. This afternoon was the first time I've taken it out on the course. We had a tournament and the wind was howling. I hit balls before we teed off and was spanking the driver. It carried on through the round, as I hit every tee shot well. I think I'm very happy with the new stick. What I also found out was I could tee it low, even with that big head and pound a stinger into the wind. I'm very excited at how straight I was hitting it.
play4him

Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I'm a Titleist guy, as well. I've hit the 983 for quite awhile. I just recently picked up a 907D2. I couldn't believe the size of the head. It took a couple of sessions on the practice range to get comfortable with it. This afternoon was the first time I've taken it out on the course. We had a tournament and the wind was howling. I hit balls before we teed off and was spanking the driver. It carried on through the round, as I hit every tee shot well. I think I'm very happy with the new stick. What I also found out was I could tee it low, even with that big head and pound a stinger into the wind. I'm very excited at how straight I was hitting it.

Good to hear, the 983k was appealing to me because of the smaller head size, but now its time to get used to the 460cc and move on, but im not in a rush due to the big price tags.

WITB:
983k 9.5 - Aldila NV65
Apex Hybrid
755 - Project X flighted - 4-PW
Vokey 200 Series - 52 Vokey SM - 56,60 Rossa Mezza Monza

Good to hear, the 983k was appealing to me because of the smaller head size, but now its time to get used to the 460cc and move on, but im not in a rush due to the big price tags.

I picked up mine off of Ebay for a big discount. If you know what you're looking for and are patient, you can get a great deal. I also picked up a Titleist 585 for less than $70.00. I'm very pleased with that purchase, as well.

play4him

Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!