IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Got a Superquad and love it. Never thought I'd be a fan of the moveable weight system but it really gave me that last little tweak that has allowed me to consistently work my tee shots when needed.

In the Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

L4V 9* Fujikura Rombax Z 6Z08
S9-1 Pro 15* Matrix OZIK X-Con
Baffler Pro 21* Golfsmith P2 irons - 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 CG14 Chrome Wedges Dynamic Gold X100 52* 56* 60* Rossa Monza SpiderBall - TP Red

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently using a Ping Rapture with Grafalloy Red X Flex, great club very long and great feel. At the end of the day though all the top club makers use similar technology they just call it different names. Pick the club you like the look of and get a suitable shaft.

I've got a Taylormade R7 460 and I really love it. If you hit it good it's a 'stripe'. Any other driver I tried had a slightly different direction, little right or little left. This one went straight for me and far. No regrets: just really great drives.
But when I don't have my day: i just slice it way out of bounce sometimes (but that's me...)
In the bag:

Driver: R7 460 10.5*
Hybrid: Heavenwood H3 20*
Irons: AP2 3-PWWedge #1: CG12 52*Wedge #2: CG12 58*Putter: 2-ball

Swinging a TM 460 superquad 8.5* with the stock fujikara stiff shaft. I haven't played with the weights cause the few rounds i have played with it in the nuetral setting i've hit it pretty good. Mid-boring ball flight.
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300
Vokey 52º~58ºSM DG Wedge FlexBlack 9iSG4

I have a 905T 9.5 but just received a Burner 9.5 that I'm anxious as all hell to try!

Ok, well I just thought I'd update this... I'm still using the Burner but I added a Aldila Proto by you stiff shaft...:) Hope this helps me keep the ball from ballooning like it did with the stock Fujicrapa shaft.

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

Definately Titleist. Love the 905R. You can control it so much. Sadly I don't have one yet. I am about to buy one!!

Whats in my bag
Driver: 983K 8.5*
Fairway Wood: 906F2 15.0
Hybrid:585H 19*
Irons 690 CB and MB. CB 3-5 MB 6-PWWedges: Vokey Tour Chrome 54 58 Putter: Bettinardi C-04 Ball: Pro V1X

Howson steel shafted driver

In the bag:

SX 9 reg flex driver
10.5 deg true temper steel shaft driver
R7 3 woodfatshaft "deep red" 3 woodderby cavity back iron set (3-pw)derby putter

I'm still using the old TM R580XD. I hit it longer and straighter than any other driver I've ever hit. Of course, I haven't hit any of the new drivers because I know that I would fall in love and then have to explain to my wife why I need to spend $400 on a new driver.

Never up, Never in!

580xd 8.5* factory shaft
3DX Hybrids 14*, 17*
X Tours 3-PWVokey 52* and 60* Callie putter (for now)

I'm still using the old TM R580XD. I hit it longer and straighter than any other driver I've ever hit. Of course, I haven't hit any of the new drivers because I know that I would fall in love and then have to explain to my wife why I need to spend $400 on a new driver.

oh tell me about it

I've had the same driver since 04ish I believe and same irons for quite sometime now... I haven't had the heart to break it to the wife, I'll be needing to drop 2g's on all new golfing equipment after this season... Maybe we'll win the lotto and I won't have to. Although my equipment is still getting the job done, I really have had my eye on the r7 tp irons, I've hit them once and I really loved em... Maybe next year.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Taylor made cgb max 9.5 degree,great driver

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I just got myself a Ping G10 Draw w/ a Graffaloy Prolaunch Red -Stiff shaft. I came from a Callaway FT-I draw also had the same shaft. Boy, what a huge difference! The Ping out-performs my FT-I in all categories. Mostly distance. Granted ive only hit the ping for 2 rounds, but have hit 3 300+ drives and a number of 280+ in the 2 rounds. I can shape shots more easily with the ping vs. the ft-i too. I'm very happy with the purchase and plan on enjoying seeing the ball fly!

What's in my Premium stand bag:

Driver: 909 D2 Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17* Voodoo Stiff
Irons: MP-52 5-PW Project X 5.0Wedges: Vokey 200 50, SM 54, 58, and 62Putter: Newport Studio 2 34"Ball: ProV1x, Bridgestone 330

. . .I use the TM Superquad, 9.5 stiff. My buddy had a 10.5 I tried last year and really smoked the ball. Got a 9.5 because the launch monitor suggested that I could use a little lower trajectory. . .Now I seem to be shorter off the T and am scratching my head!

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

Mizuno MX-500. I got it last summer, but just got it re-shafted with an ETA Penley Tour X-stiff shaft a couple weeks ago. The new shaft has helped alot, but overall it hits pretty well.

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

Nickent 4dx tour spec 9 degree with Aldila NV 350 stiff shaft.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I have tried allot of drivers but I always come back to my
'John Daly special'.....a Wilson Invex.... it's good for about 285
with a nice smooth swing....and the ball get's up quick and .... out!

Ty

Stix:

Driver: Taylormade superquad 9.5 deg
Fairway: Taylormade burner 3 & 5 woods)
Hybrid: Taylormade 3iIrons 1: Mizuno MP-32Irons 2: Tommy Armour muscleback bladesIrons 3: Wilson Staff Goosenecks (1984Wedges:Titliest vokey and & lob 60 degPutter 1: Tad Moore MnBr bladePutter 2: Tommy Armour...

Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!