IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TaylorMade R7 TP. Just got them about 2 months ago and really like the feel/playability. Initially intended to get the Callaway X20 Tour but after hitting them both I seem to have a tighter shot dispersion with the R7.
In my Sun Mountain Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad 10.5°
3 wood: TaylorMade R7 Steel
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 2i(18*), 3i(20*)Irons: Titleist Ap2Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50* Oil Can & 54* SMPutter: Odyssey Black Series #1 / Ping Piper I-Series

Taylor Made LCG Burners. Got them when I was 16 and haven't even had a single notion to ever change. Probably one of the most amazing sets of irons ever created and Ive hit Slingshots, RACs, Big Berthas, F2's, 845's and a whole list of others.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

1985 Wilson Staff Fluid Feel Blades I've had since '85
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I have Accuity garbage right now, just picked up the game again 2 months ago after about a 15 yr layoff. I also picked up a used Adams Tight lies2 3 wood & it feels a lot better then the Accuity 3. Figured I would play with them for a couple months & see how it goes. Been working my scores down slowly where now I am shooting anywhere between 45-53 for 9.

Going to pick up a set of Tour Edge clubs in 2 weeks, driver & irons, not sure on what woods to get yet.

I love my Cobra SS-I irons. Feel great and are forgiving when I need it. They have a thin profile and I like how they address the ball. I don't like the fat, wide soles on the newer Cobras, Callaways and various other makers.
In my bag:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5*
Woods: 3 & 5 Rescue Fairway
Hybrid: HiBore Hybrid 4i
Irons: SS-I 5-PW Wedges: Tour Action Reg. 588: 49*, 53*, 60*Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: Bridgestone e6

Cobra 2300 I/M, I like the look at address, and they are very forgiving. I hit them much better than my previous irons.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I just got my hands on the TM R7 NS pro 950 Steel Shaft . I didn't opt for the TP version since I am still a high handicapper. Like this new set of irons alot. It allows better control and feel than my old Maruman Titus V1 Graphite shaft set which is very much a beginner's set.
Another plus factor for me with the R7 is that its within my budget.
Now looking to add on or rather replacing my old Tourstage driver with the R7 Super Quad.

my cobras are old, but still great!
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Had my Nicklaus irons for 3 years and still love them-I like an iron where you feel the weight of the clubhead and that is no issue with what I play with

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Ping I3 O-size 2-LW (though I usually only play the 3-PW). Love them to death. Some people don't like the size of the head, but it doesn't bother me, and at this point I can certainly use the forgiveness.

I've only been playing a year, and I picked them up used on e-bay.

See my Signature...For now

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Titleist 755's Trispec S. Unbelievable irons. Absolutely love them. Would recommend them to anybody with a 15 or less handicapp.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

I am currently using the Top Flite Tours. I have had them in play for about 6 years. However, the wife just gave me the nod top get new irons. I am leaning towards the Titleist 775CB, but I will be doing some serrious comparison work next week. Any input? I'm a 17 but I expect to play/practice more this year.

I would try the 755's before you get the 775's. You will be very surprised how easy it is to hit the 755's and the feel is awesome.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!