IGNORED

Which wedges do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to wedges? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Got a 56* Mizuno MP-R for free when I bought my MP-67's and loved it, especially the shape and that amazing grind on the sole. I recently replaced my Vokey 52 & 60 with the MP-R and love them a lot. The 56* is so easy to get out of the bunker with because of that grind.

Driver: : R9 SuperTri TP w/Matrix Ozik HD6X
3 Wood: Fusion 15* w/ NVS 65S
Irons: MP-67 3-PW w/ DGS300
Wedges: MP-R, 52*,56*,60*
Putter: Karsten Series Anser 2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Titleist all the way....

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Just changed to Mizuno MP 51 and 56. I also sometimes carry a Cleveland 900 60 degree.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I use a Cleveland CG11 56 (low bounce) for almost everything now. I also have the Cleveland CG11 Gap 52 (medium bounce) and Lob 60 (medium bounce) wedges, but usually don't carry them. I have tended to leave the lob wedge out and carry an extra hybrid (I had the Hi-Bore 2 and have added the 3 because of the par 3's I play). I have never really felt that comfortable with a LW and feel I can do most of what I need to do with the SW anyway. Also, I recently purchased a set of Callaway X-18 Pro irons and then got the X-18 approach wedge (51). I like the continuity and feel of the X-18 better and don't really feel that having a specialized Gap wedge is that important.

Currently use the old Ping Tour wedge, 52 and 58.

Love the way both sit behind the ball, and both perfrom well enough, but the feel off the face is pretty dead so when I change I think I'll switch to Titleist or Callaway...

In my Freestyle standbag

Driver: FTiQ 10° Reg ZCOM Shaft
3 Wood: G10 5 wood TFC 129 Stiff Shaft
Irons: I5 3-PW DG R300 steel shaftsWedges: 54° Vokey SM & 58° Vokey SMPutter: Redwood AnserBall: Z-Star

. . .I was going to buy a Cleveland or Titleist this year, but decided on a whole new set of TM CGB's. I went ahead and got the CGB Lob wedge to match the set! We'll see what happens!

Mike

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

I just replaced all three of my Cleveland wedges with....well you guessed three more Cleveland Wedges. Black Pearl CG12 52* (Standard bounce with Project X shaft), 56* (Standard bounce with Project X shaft) & 58* (low bounce with Project X shaft). I am yet to get to hit them because here in Ohio we are currently getting dumped on by 8-12" of snow (makes it kinda hard to practice). I have been practicing with them in my basement and they seem to have great feel and constancy. I can't wait for the snow to clear and for golf season to begin.
What's In my bag:

Driver: R7 425CC 9.5° with 65 REAX (Co-designed by Fujikura) Mid Tip Stiff Flex

3-wood: Tight Lies Tour Model 15° with Proforce V2 stiff flex Made by UST Irons: GRADS MP (3-PW) Rifle Flighted ShaftsWedges: 52° (standard bounce), 56° (standard bounce) & 58° (low bounce)...

I use the spin milled Titleist Vokey oil can wedges 54 and 58 degrees. I find these wedges to be softer than the Cleveland wedges I used to play.

I use the King Cobra FP 2007 Pitching Wedge, Gap Wedge, Sand Wedge, and Lob Wedge. I love all of them and I have no complaints.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

See sig. Callaway and Titleist.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

• 5 weeks later...
Cleveland 56* and 60* 588 RTG

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

Cleveland 588 oil can 56*&60* reshafted with Grafoloy Pro Launch

you have to be kidding me, you have ****ing graphite shafts on your wedges? if you have that much trouble hittting them, save the money and go buy a lesson

I just switched to a custom ground Scratch wedges in 54 and 60. I used to play a mix of Clevelands and Vokeys.

The Scratch wedges are by far the best I've ever used.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

588 is cool but I think Ill be trying the 200 vokey instead soon...Im unsure of the feel a bit. Wish it was forged. vokeys arent forged either so maybe ill try a mizuno mpt instead. One can never have enough wedges either in the bag or at home imho
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!