IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

Currently, I'm using an Odyssey white hot 2ball Clone. I just added a Super Stroke grip the other day and played 18 holes with it. It took me a few holes to get used to it, in more ways than 1.

I've been putting lefty for YEARS. That's why I put the S.S. on the RH putter, because I knew I would want to keep my lefty's in their original form.

I have an older T.Made nubbins lefty
I have a Fisher Custom putter, if you haven't seen these, very cool, I will eventually post up pics. . .eventually
And I have a Dunlop Loco Crazy Straight putter. . .This one will end up in the bag much more than the others.

Chet

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently changed to a Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon Series Putter. It never occured to me that the putter was a club that needed a proper investment. My local supplier let me try out half a dozen putters. In my opinion, this is a beautiful feat of golf design. It looks beautiful and it is so wonderfully balanced. Given the high percentage of your strokes that are made or lost on the green, it is worth while giving this part of your equipment the investment it deserves.

i use a Taylormade rossa monza corza... its good but not as nice as the oddysey Black series im saving up for lol

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

I bought a putter for the first time in 12 years just a couple months ago. I played a PING Anser 2 in high-school, through college and until this season. I decided on the PING Karsten Series Cra-Z. I big change in looks and design! I still prefer a putter without an insert and the Karsten Series putters actually felt better and offered better feed back than the newest PING insert series (can't remember the name). Anyhow, my new putter is 34", 1 degree flat and I had a Winn AVS grip put on it. Very happy.

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

I use a Macgregor Response. That’s right, it’s bigger than my driver (JK, but it is huge). Its the MI 700 model, so its not the exact same that Jack used to win the '86 masters. Its 36" inches long with a Winn grip that I taped over with athletic tape (it’s the texture I prefer for putter grips). The putter is a site to behold and a great topic starter out on the course.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I got a PING G5 Craz-E Putter. I putt pretty well with it, so it was definitely a good purchase

Sumo 5000 Driver 11.5° Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana R-65
HiBore XLS Fairway 19° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
HiBore XLS Hybrid 24° Fujikura FIT-ON Gold Regular
CG Gold Irons 4-PW Cleveland Graphite 78g Regular
CG 14 Black Pearl Wedges 50°/8, 54°/12, 58°/12 Cleveland Traction Steel 125gRoss...

TaylorMade Corza for me,I like it alot make me line up my putts better than my old putter..

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

Odyssey putters are great if you are like me and like to try a new putter every year, but the Cameron is what I keep going back to. I usually buy a new putter every year and rotate in and out with my Newport, but by the beginning of the next year, the new putter is sold. The Newport is pushing four years.

Driver - R7 425 9.5*
3 Wood - 980 15*
Hybrid - Rescue Mid 19* & 16*
Irons - 735.CM 4-9
Wedges - 248.06, SM54.14, & SM60.08White Hot Tour #5 Ball - ProV1 XHome Course: The Island

i use a ping anser. it old but it works good.

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

• 2 weeks later...

The Rossa Monza Spider, time to retire the 2-Ball which was great in its time but the Monza is noticeably better in engineering, it is an advance just as the 2 Ball was in its day. It is as advertised, I got it because in testing various putters it stood out in alignment aid, resisting twisting on off cente hits, smooth stroke and confidence factor. This is an excellent putter.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Just bought a new Slotline putter a couple of months ago. It is the best putter I have ever owned despite the fact that it's the least I've ever paid for a putter. It has great balance and makes me more confident over the ball.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I use the rife 2 bar hybrid

In my Pro Combo Tour Stand Bag:

Driver: 9* Ft-5
3 Wood: 15* Ft tour
Irons: VR Blades 3-PWWedges: VR 52.10, 56.10, 60.06Putter: 34" Newport 2.5 Detour Method 003 blade in the springBall: One Tour or Platinum Home Course: Grayling Country Club

Odyssey White Hot #5 -- 33"

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

Nike t130 34''. I dont even care for nike golf but after hitting a few putts with a buddies t130 i had to have one. Excellent feel and a very stable head even on off center putts.
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300
Vokey 52º~58ºSM DG Wedge FlexBlack 9iSG4

Note: This thread is 4126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!