IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a new 33" (I'm 6'3) Yes! Marilyn putter this morning. Ty at Yes! Golf helped with my fitting. Bent it 2 degrees flat and lowered the loft a half of a degree for me. The camera they use to show the ball skidding is interesting. After the loft adjustment my putt went straight into its roll upon contact. I was getting 6-8 inches of skid with my old putter. I wanted to stay away from a mallet, but at least it's a relatively small mallet. Not to mention I got a great deal on it. All in all, very happy with Yes!

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

I use the Odyssey blade putter. Bought it new last year and has a very soft feel and it works good. I have good feel, it's consistent good aiming with it too. No cons. Well, it's too short, i'm 6'5" so I need to get that fixed.

right now i have a Ping Zing, but im thinking about getting a Scotty

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

I use odyssey WH 2 ball...I don't really get much from the ball line up thing but the softer face, weight and balance are perfect for me. I put a straight line on mine to get my alignment. I also had one inch added to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Anser. I got this putter because it looks old school and has a great feel. I used to use a Wilson 2-ball but i kept hitting putts to hard & i found that 2-ball putters are harder to sink the 4 footers with than the blade putters.
Getting your putter fitted with lie angles, length of shaft & even the type of grip can stop your ball from jumping and you get a better feel with your putter.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

S Cameron TeI3... Old school, but one of the best

I also switch between my White Hot Rossie that I have had since high school.
Currently in my titleist.gif X86 stand bag:

taylormade.gif R7 Superquad 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board); taylormade.gif R7 15*; titleist.gif 585H 21*, adams.gif ---*; --- 4-9 (KBS); vokey.gif [48*], 56*, 60* (SM); cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2 Midslant 34"

Ball - titleist.gif Pro V1X

I'm using this older SeeMore putter, I like the "RifleScope Technology," not going to cough up $325 bucks for the new M series though, the one I'm using is good for the moment.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

I have a generic putter that i have had basically since i started playing, but I'm getting the new Odyssey Marxman Blade... its shipping now, should be here before the end of the week

I go through putters like crazy but I think I found one that I really like.

White Hot 2-Ball to a
DFX 2-Ball Belly to a
Ping CrazE center shaft to a
Dual Force #2 to a
Odyssey DFX 2-Ball Blade...

...and I love it.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

i switched putters from Titleist Futura to a TM Rossa

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I go through putters like crazy but I think I found one that I really like.

i know that you should get good with the clubs that you have but...it's fun to buy new clubs! im w/ u on that one

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I'm using a cheapo PureSpin C-1 mallett style. I can't beleive it but this is the best putter I have ever used! Not bad for $20.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Yes! Sophia 35"... I loved my center-shafted nike oz t130 until i tried yes! sophia for laughs at a golf store 2 months ago.. the putter is much more serious than the brand sounds: the ball rolls very well, and the feel is excellent. Got a used one on ebay for $72.. but that donkey ho never provided the putter cover as advertised.
What's in the bag:
Driver: 905R 9.5 deg, Graphite Design YS-6+ R Shaft
3 Wood: X Hot 15 deg, Fujikura Banzai R Shaft
Hybrid: Idea A2 OS 4 Iron, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue R Shaft
Irons: 735.CM Stainless Steel 3-P, S300 ShfatsWedges: Vokey Design 200 Series 56.14, Vokey Design Spin Milled 60.8,...

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 35", Winn 68WS-BBL Grip

Love the putter, oldy but goody.

Putter has exception feel, even without an insert. The putter has amazing weighting, great for short putts. The gooseneck allows for great hole-putter alignment.

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour 9.5 neutral, Fujikura Fit-On 380 Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway X-Tour 13 degree, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
5 Wood/Hybrid: Callaway X-Hybrid 18 degree, Stiff Graphite Shaft
Irons: Cleveland CG2 Forged 3-PW, GW, SW, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum NewportBal...

Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!