IGNORED

Tiger lost his cool?

flap
Note: This thread is 6272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger refused to be interviewed by TGC after losing to Ohearn.Maybe he knew he CHOKED and could not take it?Not like him to runaway from the micophone.Could be the "Choke of the year".

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Tiger refused to be interviewed by TGC after losing to Ohearn.Maybe he knew he CHOKED and could not take it?Not like him to runaway from the micophone.Could be the "Choke of the year".

At least he didn't lose to Ames

Seriously, I suspect he was angry by the manner of losing -- IIRC, he neglected to remove an impediment from between his ball and the cup, and that cost him the putt, the hole, and the match.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think this reflects bad on Tiger. He gives the media a good amount of time.

I watched him lose last year at La Costa outside of San Diego to Chad Campbell and also the year before to O'Hearn. On both occaisons, as he walked by patrons after being shuttled in to the club house, you could tell he was very angry - just the way he walked and moved.

The fire that burns inside this guy is extremely intense. I think we underestimate the amount of "desire to win" and "hate to lose" that it takes to be Tiger Woods.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

The fire that burns inside this guy is extremely intense. I think we underestimate the amount of "desire to win" and "hate to lose" that it takes to be Tiger Woods.

Oh yeah. All pro athletes and especially the really good ones are incredibly competitive at anything they do.

I remember in the interview Ed Bradley did with Tiger on 60 minutes, Ed made a comment that maybe he could beat Tiger at ping pong and Tiger said "I'd kick your ass!" LOL

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Tiger has been known to deny the interview for more than one reason. But why do other players get nailed for not giving an interview and Tiger doesn't?
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

• Administrator
Tiger has been known to deny the interview for more than one reason. But why do other players get nailed for not giving an interview and Tiger doesn't?

What do you think people are doing in this thread?

The media understand two things: a) you can't criticize Tiger and get much luck with future interviews. b) Tiger is generally very accommodating in giving interviews (group ones, anyway), even though he's the most boring interview in the world.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He played badly and proved once again he can be way off his "A" game and still contend.

There is no way he missed the entire hole with that putt without some divine intervention in favor of O'Hern. He saw the ball roll past the hole and then missed it entirely with the short comeback attempt. Johnny Miller went out to the hole and found an old ball mark that had not been repaired but was grown in and mowed over to make it impossible to see. He said when touching the surface you could find the depression in Tiger's line. It is possible the "streak" was killed by a member how failed to properly repair a ball mark.

Anybody who's played public courses knows what that's like.

What do you think people are doing in this thread?

Hardly mainstream

In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

He played badly and proved once again he can be way off his "A" game and still contend.

So *that*'s why I've been three-putting so much! I feel much better now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Tiger made a mistake, Tiger is a great golfer and a good person.

I believe that the streak means a great deal to Tiger and that he holds himself to a very high standard. When Tiger finally speaks in public about the loss I imagine that he will say that mistakes throughought the round cost him the match... in other words the match should never have been contested in extra holes. That's the way that I see this event.

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

Mickeslon did the same thing when Tiger beat him at Doral a couple of years ago, which was extremely uncharacteristic for him.

Tiger basically does it every time he is in contention, but does not win, which is a rarity.

But, he just won't talk under those circumstances, and the media obviously disapproves, but never says anything.

Basically, they don't want to get on his bad side. It is amazing that he controls the entire golf media, and they are afraid of him. Everyone is too scared of being blacklisted by his camp, which I find amazing.

exactly the reason i feel that if you put Tiger on a public course he struggles to break par... not because he's not good... but because i dont care if you hit every fairway and every green if the putts dont drop you dont go low...and we all know what putting is like on public courses....800 people standing around the hole.. the way the holes are cut (the volcano affect), the unrepaired pitch marks, the horribly repaired pitch marks... the people who lean on their putters while on the green... the dragged feet...

No Tiger skips the Nissan because those greens frustrate him... how would he do on a Muni????

There is a school of thought that calls for golfers to always blame some external element for mistakes. It sounds like a lame dodge of personal responsibility, but if a golfer blames himself, especially during a round, it breeds self-doubt.

The argument is that if you blame the lie, the wind, the grain, a spike mark or a bug for a bad shot it prevents the golfer from letting self-doubt creep in. Since golf is very much a game of confidence it does not pay to get down on yourself.

exactly the reason i feel that if you put Tiger on a public course he struggles to break par... not because he's not good... but because i dont care if you hit every fairway and every green if the putts dont drop you dont go low...and we all know what putting is like on public courses....800 people standing around the hole.. the way the holes are cut (the volcano affect), the unrepaired pitch marks, the horribly repaired pitch marks... the people who lean on their putters while on the green... the dragged feet...

Tiger grew up on public courses, and he's not a whiner. When he plays a muni, (if he ever does anymore!), he knows what to expect, and he's not going to be upset if he sees exactly what he expects to see. You can obviously play, and I've played my local muni with guys who carry plus handicaps. I know what they can do. I'm in over my head at 6,800 yards, and they're joking about playing a pitch & putt.

You get Tiger on a local public course, in his shorts, carrying his own bag, and having a fun day, you better get a new course record plaque ready, 'cause he's gonna tear it up. And he'll be laughing his ass off all the way around.

Note: This thread is 6272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!