IGNORED

Sandbaggers

watrboy4
Note: This thread is 5816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i get four strokes at my course and until i figured this out i thought something was messed up because i was shooting 89 and it was counting it as 13 over!!(i like playing a hard course)

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

i get four strokes at my course and until i figured this out i thought something was messed up because i was shooting 89 and it was counting it as 13 over!!(i like playing a hard course)

Not sure where you are going with this. Can you clarify so that I understand?

In the bag:
Driver-:Launcher
Hybrid-:Srixon hybrids 3
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

I played in a tournament this weekend where I watched a guy that was a "10" on this course shoot 77-73. 73 with 4 birds at least 4 or 5 putts that lipped out. He won low net by 6 in a 156 person field... Apparently the same guy pulled the same crap last year as well...

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

I played in a tournament this weekend where I watched a guy that was a "10" on this course shoot 77-73. 73 with 4 birds at least 4 or 5 putts that lipped out. He won low net by 6 in a 156 person field... Apparently the same guy pulled the same crap last year as well...

Thats the kind of crap that goes on around here. It doesn't help golf when someone cheats and wins. The course pro's should do something or there tourny's will suffer because noone likes knowing they don't have a chance of winning.

I played in the same flight with the guy that shot 69 last year in this tourny. So I went into the clubhouse and asked the pro for my money back....lol I said that I was having a hard time believing that the 10 handicap that shot 3 under wasn't going to win again......By the way he (the sandbagger) played terrible and got second. Good stuff

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

Thats the kind of crap that goes on around here. It doesn't help golf when someone cheats and wins. The course pro's should do something or there tourny's will suffer because noone likes knowing they don't have a chance of winning.

Ahhh anyone can have a good day. The fact that he didnt back it up with another -3 tells me that he just had a good day.

Ha Ha Ha I know your not talking about my 69 in the club championship because I dont think you played it LMAO, besides I started day two with double bogey, bogey, so I dont think I played too bad to card a 76 LMAO, plus I wasnt a 10
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Ahhh anyone can have a good day. The fact that he didnt back it up with another -3 tells me that he just had a good day.

I wouldn't talk about you Brit. You are my brother. Why would you think that this was about you? There have been a lot of lucky fellows around the last few years, I just hope that I can be so lucky. I think that the odds of someone that is a 10 shooting even par is like 1500 to 1 but don't quote me its probably higher. Have a great day Brit and remember that I wouldn't talk about anyone in particular without naming them.

What was your handicap in that club championship anyways?

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

dont remember.... just over 10 I think
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

hey lets set something up for Sunday at CLCC. See if Doug can make it... I lost you number with my old cell phone. I was going to try to get out today with Doug but it looks like I'm stuck at work

3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW

hey lets set something up for Sunday at CLCC. See if Doug can make it... I lost you number with my old cell phone. I was going to try to get out today with Doug but it looks like I'm stuck at work

Yeah that lucky sucker is going to play all day at Burley. He called me to rub it in too. I will PM you with my cell but I will be out of town from Wed through Wed. Oregon coast bound with the family.

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

Makes ya wanna run out and play another tourny that he is in huh?

Why don't the pro's at these courses do something?

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

That is the exact reason I quit playing in tournaments with 100% Course Handicap ALLOWANCES!

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

That is the exact reason I quit playing in tournaments with 100% Course Handicap ALLOWANCES!

So do they have 90% or 80% tournys out there? In bowling the leagues always have a set up for example----90% of 220 or something.

I think I have only played in one golf tourny here that wasn't 100%. I will have to look into that. Thanks for the info.

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

The only ones I've seen around here that dont go 100% are two man tourneys. Me and my son are playing in a father, son in Boise this month that takes an average of both handicaps and then you get to play off 80% of that. Should be fun!!!
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW

Hey Brit, That sounds like a lot of fun. Is your boy going to be able to carry you though? He is a good stick but you gotta weigh about 170lbs or so........lol Have fun and I hope you guys kick butt.

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

..... He is a good stick but you gotta weigh about 170lbs or so........lol

LMAO thats funny.... I'm closer to 205 (and the other side of 205 at that) so he's really gonna struggle

3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW

I love the reverse sandbaggers/vanity handicappers. I have never seen so many as I did while working at a golf course in Montana. Mostly, the guys who were 0-2 were legit. It was the guys in like the 4-7 range who thought they were "really close to being really good" who would carry 1-pw blades so they could "work their approach shots" and shoot 85-86-84 in almost every tournament they played. Magically, their handicaps never went up due to the 70s they shot in the practice round.

One guy, in particular, had about a 3 or 4. I played probably 25 rounds with him on his home course and never saw him break 80; not once! He is probably responsible for my increased tolerance to beer due to the amount of free ones I had after our rounds. LOL.

I'm more impressed with a legit 15 handicapper than a 10 whose card says 3.8. They're a lot more fun to play with too.

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 Tour 9.5*; Grafalloy PL Red
FW Wood: X 17*; Stock shaft
Hybrid: X 21*; Fujikura BanzaiIrons: X-18 Pro Series; S300Wedges: X forged 56* & 60*balls; tees; like $20 in change; chapstick; bugspray; a bunch of wrappers and such.

One guy, in particular, had about a 3 or 4. I played probably 25 rounds with him on his home course and never saw him break 80; not once! He is probably responsible for my increased tolerance to beer due to the amount of free ones I had after our rounds. LOL.

That is funny stuff!!! I love it. Did this guy play a lot of pro-ams with the pro there? HaHa

In the bag:
Irons 4-PW-:

Note: This thread is 5816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!