IGNORED

Big Break VII Official Thread

TerenceFinn
Note: This thread is 6198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy qualified for the Wachovia Championship today via the Monday qualifier. He's going to play a practice round with JD and VJ in the morning.

F-Speed Driver 9*
F-Speed 3-wood
Boxer 3H
X20 Irons 4-AW
Tour 56* Tour 60* Sabertooth putter:taylormade: TP/Black ball

• Administrator
Tommy qualified for the Wachovia Championship today via the Monday qualifier. He's going to play a practice round with JD and VJ in the morning.

Seems he did. Wow. Congrats to him. He may outclass Donatello tenfold.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last week on the show Tommy got up and down 3 times in a row in the elemination challenge. That was by no means luck, the kid has a short game! I don't like his long game, his swing looks like a goofy Peter Jacobsen imitation of Arnold Palmer but as Harvey Penick said, A player with a good short game is a match for anyone.

Congrats To Tommy for making the big dance this week at Wackovia!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Yea, I will be watching intently to see if he gets any airtime... It sure would be cool to see him do well. He seems like a nice guy, and he sure is clutch.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

So, this time, Don's gone... good riddance, I think. I didn't like the guy, anyway.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yea, I will be watching intently to see if he gets any airtime... It sure would be cool to see him do well. He seems like a nice guy, and he sure is clutch.

I too hope he does well... He's kinda fun to watch with that swing.
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

MARK MY WORDS: DON IS GOING TO TAKE THIS THING

The good news -- we marked your words. And you couldn't have been more wrong. Heck, DD didn't even make the final four!

And the bad news: with Pam & Donatello gone there is nobody left for me to pull against !

DD is a totaly bonehead ahahaha. Guess the pressure just got to him.

Wow go Tommy, let's hope he makes the cut, does well, and makes some money.
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

Go Tommy! My money is on Dave going down next.

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

• Administrator

Ding Dong the Donatello is Dead.

WOOHOO!!!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ding Dong the Donatello is Dead.

I just got done watching the episode...Is it me or none of their games worthy of a tour exemption? DD is an arrogant arse and will never make a dent on any tour based on his temperent and overcompensation...he just gets in his own way.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Because of DD age I don't think he has a chance on any tour until he is qualified for the Senior Tour.
He will be missed in the last few episodes. I really thought it would be DD and Tommy in the finals.
Last night was a huge surprise.

Wow...can't believe he didn't use the exemption.

A. If you don't use it and lose, you lose money and are out.

B. If you use it you move on it is up for grabs and if DD was as overconfident in his skills as we all know he is/was then he would pick it up again.

C. Use it and go on to the next round...there are no guranatees you will win.

D. If he really was that on edge/emotional that day, which was probably was only increased by winning the truck, why not use the exemption and hope for a better day.

Not using it and choking made him look like a fool...arrogance karma?

That was almost as stupid as Marty Morninweg taking the wind in an overtime Lions v. Bears game.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Exemptions aside... kudos for Tommy for pulling off the Monday Qualifier for Wachovia. Anyone who "has game" probably doesn't need the exemption in the first place though right? Hence the whole "Big Break".

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

Did not get to see the show last night but I will be sure to watch tonight. Congrats to Tommy as well for qualifying. I will be pulling for him.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Note: This thread is 6198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!