IGNORED

Suggestion For My 10 Year Old Daughter For a Set of Irons?

Note: This thread is 4652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Daughter is 10 years old and has been playing golf for about 3 years with the First Tee program.  She is 4'10" tall and has shot 37, 40, 41 as her low score for 9 holes in a par 30.  She can hit her current driver about 200 yards.  She is strong for her age and I am considering the following irons set for her.

Taylormade Burner 1.0 with Reax 45 gram lady shaft

Taylormade R7 Lady with 45, 50 or 55 gram lady shafts available

Taylormade R9 lady with Fujikura Motore 50 gram lady shaft.

She is currently using a US Kids Gold series with metal shaft.

Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

My 11 year old boy has a Tour series set of clubs from US Kids. I am not familiar with their gold series, but my son is pretty happy and is starting to play decent golf with thay set of clubs. Before that we had std clubs from US Kids, green series, those are not comparable to the ones he has today.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

Originally Posted by IceDave

My 11 year old boy has a Tour series set of clubs from US Kids. I am not familiar with their gold series, but my son is pretty happy and is starting to play decent golf with thay set of clubs. Before that we had std clubs from US Kids, green series, those are not comparable to the ones he has today.

I am interested in your statement that "those are not comparable", as I have a 10 year old son. He is playing with the std green ones. So what's the difference?

get used to referring to "L" shafts as "Light" flex rather than "Ladies" flex.  Michelle Wie, Natalie Gulbis, et al are all ladies but i doubt they play with "Ladies" flex shafts.  the shaft flex is based on swing speed not gender.  the clubs you are considering may or may not be good for her.  your best bet is to see a clubfitter who can work with her to adjust them to her liking.  if not then she may struggle to adjust her swing to fit the clubs.  good luck!

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

Originally Posted by tweaky

get used to referring to "L" shafts as "Light" flex rather than "Ladies" flex.  Michelle Wie, Natalie Gulbis, et al are all ladies but i doubt they play with "Ladies" flex shafts...

And, as the father of a young man who started as a boy, get used to calling the "ladies" tees, "the "forward" tees. I know a buch of girls and young ladies who should play back "with the big boys." And no boy wants to play from the ladies tees.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by luu5

I am interested in your statement that "those are not comparable", as I have a 10 year old son. He is playing with the std green ones. So what's the difference?

The gold, green, blue, etc.,  US Kids clubs are all have very flexible shafts and are meant for low swing speeds and novice golfers.  The Tour series is for kids who have improved and have higher swing speeds.  They are more like adult clubs, just a little smaller heads and shorter shafts.  They are meant for the better junior players.

In My Grom:
Driver: Taylormade R1 10.5°
Fairway: Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour 14.5°
Hybrids: Ping G25 3, 4
Irons: Mizuno 5-PW JPX 800 Pro

Wedges: CG-14 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method 003

my daughter is playing iron from uskids called the Championship Series with steel shafts and stainless steel heads in the Gold Series.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

ks-

are you in the Monterey area?  i notice your avatar is the 7th @ PB.  if so would you go to Palo Alto (the Golf Lab) to get her fitted?

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

Note: This thread is 4652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!