IGNORED

My observations from watching the Pros.

slabm7
Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just poking at the fire for the fun of it! Obviously I mean no offense to anyone in that profession. It could always be worse - they could work for the IRS!

Originally Posted by CuppedTin

I get where the OP was coming from and I also get when the factual guys were coming from... I have some friends who happen to run sports books and I have learned that I can't tell a story quoting numbers unless google and Mike and Mike can back up my data...

I don't mind Mike, but Mike is a dickhead.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm going up to Firestone next week to watch the World Series of Golf. Never been to a professional tournament so I'm really excited to see what it's like to actually be there.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Originally Posted by shades9323

He very well could have been observing on one hole, but how many people really only observe one hole?  He said it might not be after I provided the actual stats from the tournament, i.e. he edited his op.  The pros were not extremely accurate off the tee for this tournament as seen by the 56% average. They usually do better.  I am so particular because I am an accountant and that is how I am wired. I like statistics to be factual. It was a main point in his post, so I don't see how it is a minor detail.

I actually spent most of my time on one hole, the 18th. Its not that easy to follow a certain player around. Sorry my post wasn't as factual as you would like it to be. From what I saw on the 18th 80% of guys hit the fairway on Saturday and Sunday. I know the average for the tournament wasn't 80% but it was amazing at how long and accurate they were with a driver (That was the point I was trying to get across). And sorry about the 300 yrd carry statement. It must have been closer to 280-290.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Slabm7: I'm glad you had good time. To the ding-a-ling who had to troll this post like a wet blanket: thanks for teaching me how to block you. (PS: your U2 glasses accent your toolness)

• Upvote 1

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Originally Posted by The Gill

Slabm7: I'm glad you had good time. To the ding-a-ling who had to troll this post like a wet blanket: thanks for teaching me how to block you. (PS: your U2 glasses accent your toolness)

lol. I agree

Ive also noticed that a pros normal draw/ fade is extremely subtle, and not as pronounced as us amateurs!!! Our shape seems to me more of a semi-controlled hook/ slice :-D And guys, OP clearly said it may have only felt like 80%. Even if he hadnt, the point was well taken. Selective reading by some ...

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!