IGNORED

The story behind everything...what's in your bag?

lamebums
Note: This thread is 5705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd thought I'd make this, since there seems to be no thread wherein everyone describes everything in and about their bags.

So, without further ado, I'll get started here.

I tend to collect random gizmos and such (and the only store I can spend any appreciable time in just looking at stuff is either a golf store, a pro shop, or Dick's), sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. I have a rangefinder that I picked up while on vacation in China a few years back...never had a chance to use it on the golf course yet.

My golf equipment's a really motley mix of stuff I've collected over the past ten years. Combined with a very large tuition bill, the result is that I'm really a cheap bastard when it comes to buying stuff, and my priority when I walk into a golf shop is "Can I afford it?"

Clubs... I got a killer deal at the end of last season on a new Ben Hogan CS 3 driver, which replaced a 20 dollar piece of junk I'd picked up at Dick's (which had several dents in it by then, not to mention a cracked shaft. It wasn't 460 cc's when I was finished with that old driver...). I also got some new irons, King Cobras, at that time, again, another bargain basement deal. Since then, I'd also picked up a Tommy Armour sand wedge (56 degrees? I think), a Nickent 20 degree hybrid (which I thought would replace the 3 wood...god, was I wrong.). Most recently, I picked up a three wood after breaking an old Wilson that was once part of a set. It was coincidentally another Ben Hogan, so I mercifully have a matching driver and 3 wood. My putter is a generic Wilson, left over from a set I'd bought like 8 years ago (I'd since killed about half of the clubs).

Bag... I still use the Wilson bag that came with that cheap set, which is starting to fray around the edges and the top as the cheap fuzzy covering is coming off.

Grips... I'm in the process of re-gripping my clubs. I have to use the present progressive because I've re-gripped the driver, 3 wood, hybrid, and pitching wedge with some new blue Winn grips, off hand I'm forgetting the exact name (G8?), but I ran out of money, and my 3-9 irons still have last year's grips on them.

Balls... Here's where the "Cheap Bastard" in myself really shows. I've always put priority on hitting the ball long distances, and then worrying about accuracy...but due to the number of shots I land in the water, in the woods, or heavens - two fairways over, buying new balls is getting to be expensive. I hit balls that belong in other people's shag bags at best, which means a motley mix of "experienced" balls, x-outs, and range balls. As an extreme example, I once bought a crate of hit away balls that the driving range didn't even want anymore for my over the lake shots (I still have about half a crate left as of this posting). On the occasion I get my hands on a good ball, I play it until I lose it...which today meant a brand-new Pro V1 I'd found in the deep rough...until I went for it over a lake.

Other Stuff... I keep a ball retriever in my bag, although I've only had about four decent chances to use it in two years. I thought a 15 foot retriever was enough, but damn, when I get on the golf course, that thing really seems small and the balls are always just out of reach.

The towel I'm currently using to clean off my clubs also has a smattering of blood on it (self-inflicted with a golf pencil).

I try to use head covers, but with the amount of dirt I get on my clubs, the covers usually get tossed into the back of the cart, because I don't want the inside of those covers to get dirtied up. I have a driver cover that came with the CS3 I bought last year, but I have a generic-looking black fuzzy head cover that was once part of a set (I think?) and it now covers my 3 wood.

No umbrella. If you're afraid you'll melt...

I think I got it all for now--if I get any more ideas I'll write 'em up.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's quite the story. Here's some of my life.

Woods... I was fit for a driver last year and purchased a Bridgestone J33R driver (420) on eBay for less than 100. The key is the Aldila NV shaft, but I am straighter and longer with this combination than any club I try to buy. I love the look of the club and it reduces my backspin. 3 wood is a Bridgestone J33R aldila combo as well. I own a Hogan Hybrid 1 and I love this club as well, I keep it straight and feel I have control of it.

Irons...I play Hogan CFT irons that I have played with for 10 - 15 years. Again, the new irons do not appeal to me, and the clubs work great. The key item here is that I use Lamkin Silhouette grips that are no longer made and no longer legal. They are awesome, but I am one of the few who love them. I use Vokey wedges. I have a 58 degree with a lot of bounce and a 59 degree with low bounce to play in the conditions I play. Sometimes, I need bounce and sometimes I don't. I am amazed more players don't have 2high loft wedges. I also own a gap wedge, so there is no distance I miss with my set.

Bag... I have an Ogio Grom bag and use a pull cart mostly. The bagboy pull cart is easy to use and has already paid for itself 3 times over. Ogio bag is just OK, but I'll hold onto it for another 10 years. I try to save money as well.

Balls... I like the HX Hot golf balls and Bridgestone balls the most. I have played a little with some Nike balls recently, and I would have to say they are pretty darn good as well. I never really feel any difference with the ball and probably could play warbirds and not know the difference.

Other Stuff... I always have snack bars in my bag, I am a diabetic, so I have to be prepared. I have a ball marker from Augusta and a towel from Turnberry that I use each round. I do have a pencil in my bag that my fellow golf nut laughs at, it has an eraser, so we love it.

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it"

Ok, so I pretty much have free reign in choosing and building whatever equipment I want...yeah yeah that can be a blessing and pain at the same time. Though the clubs in my bag may change on a daily basis you'll see that some clubs have earned their spot in the bag while others get experimentation.

Driver: Nakashima HTEC this driver is sweet! I was able to experiment and try out different combinations of loft and shaft to find the ultimate combination(s). Performance wise I'd be happy to put this up against any driver out there (except the 'hot' Nike )

Fairway Woods: Sonartec GS Tour and SS-07 , the SS has been in my bag since the Newport Cup and will likely stay there quite a while after earning it's keep.

Hybrids: I alternate between the Sonartec MD and Nakashima NX-1, I'd have really good luck and performance with each so it just comes down to which one I choose the day of.

Irons: Right now I have my Srixon I-506's which have been in my bag for almost a year however I just built a set of Nakashima NX-1's with the Tour Black finish. It's just a matter of weening me off my old irons since I've grown to trust and like them a lot. So far my rounds with the Nakashima's have been good scoring and I just need to make a few little tweeks and then they'll take their place in my bag.

Wedges: Again, since the Newport Cup I've been using the Sonartec t35 wedges and they earned their spot in my bag immediately upon use. I've been very happy with the feel and durability of these wedges. The YoYo Grooves are holding up well and don't chew up balls with every shot yet still provide plenty of traction.

Putters: Yes I said putters, although my collection has gone from a once 20+ peice collection down to 6. I'll change putters sometimes on a daily basis to have a different look and/or to get a different feel, plus I like to keep my putters on their toes, ya know they have to perform for their spot everytime

Grips: Pretty much always have Lamkin grips on my clubs, especially the Torsion Control which I feel is a great combination of traction, feel and durability.

Ball: Srixon Z-URS . The best combination of feel, performance and duability for my game. I really believe in matching up a ball with each persons game and sticking with it.

Bag: Staff bags are my favorite just so I can carry plenty of stuff (food especially) and the safest for travel. However for walking rounds the Ogio Flight SS has been my choice because the Shling really works well and I love the club management and pockets.

Other Stuff: First Aid kit (band aids, pain killers, lip balm, liquid skin, etc because you just never know), energy bars and drinks, cigars, cutter, lighter, Zero Friction Tees , Bushnell Pinseeker (w/o slope), several different ball markers and divot tools, towel and Rocket Tour head covers on some clubs.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

over the 4 years i've played golf.

Im surprised i read all of that. I dont have the advantage you have at being able to tinker with shaft and club combos, I assume you make clubs for a living. I barely get by with what i can afford on my income.

I started out with a Topflite Tour edition set which was $500 new complete. Looking back at it they were a rip off because the irons, 3 wood and 5 wood were all garbage. The bag and driver were decent though. I sold them for $200 in an add in the paper...

Drivers: First driver i bought was an R7 HT, no wrench. The high nuetral was great, loved that driver. From there I traded it straight up for a Macgregor Mac Tech which i had heard so much about. Turns out it was all hype cuz that thing was a piece. Got rid of it after 3 rounds and then fell in love with a 983k.. upgraded to a 905t.. then went to a bridgestone j33r, then just bought an R580XD brand new for $150 Canadian which is straghter and longer than all of the drivers i've played accept the 905t. It will stay in my bag untill I buy an R7 superquad next christmas.

Fairway woods/hybrid: I used to play a Nickent *20 hybrid which almost played like a 5 wood. I didnt think i needed a 3wood untill i got good enough to hit 280 yarders on par 5's and had no 240 club to get there in to. So i bought an SS02 on ebay.. which just got replaced by my SS3.5 also bought on ebay. I just took the hybrid out and replaced it with a Sonartec SS2.5 19* 5 wood, onsale at my local golf retailer for 59.99 no headcover.

Irons: Played GENEX 3dx hybrid iron set which quickly got replaced by, Mizuno MX23 (the sweetest irons ever), which i sold to make some money and bought the cheaper but ever so smooth RAC TP combos. Lost a club in distance and Went to a bigger clubhead for more forgivness and distance in the Bridgestone J33 Combos, they were alright but the precision shafts were too light for my already quick swing which reaped havoc on my iron play.. Which brings me to my Bridgestone GC Mids which are long, straight and have the most consistant ball flight of any iron i've played, minus the MX23's. These babies will stay in my bag for along time.

wedges: blah.. I've never had a good set of wedges. Couple no name brands, cleveland 588 chrome, RTG, my favorite was probably my Genex arch sand wedge which stayed in my bag for 2 years.. I had a TM chrome and a CG10, I now have a pair of CG10's which are the best I've played.. I will upgrade to Titleist vokey spin milled next year.

Putters.. started out with TM TPi blade putter which i bought used for $30, it did nothing for me so i traded it and my cleveland wedge in for my Rossa Maranello which I've had for 2 years now, It will be my back up because I like it so much, because i just bought a Nickent pipe putter online for $60 after trying a friends last week. It should be arriving early next week.

My bag, used to be a Nickent carry bag, but I decided i didnt want to carry 50lbs. on my already sore back while walking for 4 hours straight anymore. After some advice from my chiropractor I decided to buy a no name all black cart bag with a cooler pocket =). Which i got a deal on for buying the R580XD. I have a Weir golf towel which is ripping, 100 tees, Bridgestone balls and others i find on the course.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Driver: I've used so many over the past five years. For the past year I've used the Cobra F Speed 12 degree, Aldila NV shaft. This is the first driver I've had that has such a high degree of loft. It is also the first driver I've hit so well so consistently. Any new driver that I demo will have to really be something to replace this driver.

Fairway Woods/ Hybrids : I've had the Callaway Hawkeye VFT fairway woods for five years. I love the 5 and 7 woods and I would find it difficult to give them up. I am having trouble hitting the 3 wood consistently off the carpet. I tried replacing it with the Callaway X 3 wood last year. That didn't work. I have ordered a 16 degree Cobra Baffler DWS. I hope to replace the 3 wood with that club, providing I hit it better and more consistently than the current 3. Two years ago, I replaced my 4 iron with a Cobra 23 degree Baffler. This year I replaced my 5 iron with a 26 degree Baffler DWS ( the DWS is a newer model, not really too different and comes with the same shaft and grip as the old model ). I really love these hybrids and I hope the new 16 degree is able to give me a more consistent 3 wood distance club in my bag. We'll see.

Irons : I started out with the Callaway Hawkeye VFTs and, last year, switched to a set of Titleist 775cb. There is a noticiable difference between the sets. At this point, I like the look and feel of the Titleist set a lot. Some people have suggested that the 775s have too much offset in the longer clubs. I've actually dropped the 5 iron and only use the 6 through gap wedge. I like the club head ( not too big ), as well as the NS Pro shaft.

Wedges : I ordered the Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill wedge with the NS Pro shaft at the same time I ordered my irons. I see this wedge staying in my bag a long time.

Putter : After researching different types of putters and after having bought and tried several different brands and styles of putters, I decided I wanted a Bobby Grace "Amazing Grace" putter. Just about the time I made my decision. Mr. Grace inked a deal with MacGregor. The new putters were not yet available so I called MacGregor to find out when they would be. I got a young lady who just couldn't provide me the information I wanted and said, " Try this number. You may find someone there who can answer your questions." When I tried the number, who should answer the phone, but Bobby Grace, himself! We had a nice chat, he asked me a number of questions then offered to build me a putter. Although I paid full list price for it, it is the putter I use to this day. While I have tried out others inthe meantime, they have never threatened the supremacy of my MacGregor 6.4K 3 degree upright 32" flatstick. It is time for a new headcover and a new grip.

Bag : I own an electric cart, so I have used a Burton Classic bag for the past three years. I like it, in part, because of its traditional looks and because the size of the opening insures my clubs don't get stuck when trying to put them in or take them out. I also prefer a bag which has no brand name on it ( a fact which contradicts somewhat the choice of my backup bag - alas, the world is full of contradictions ). A couple of the zippers broke recently, so I am using my backup bag, a Titleist stand bag, Japanese issue, which I acquired last year in an unfortunate state of mind that caused me to think that I would like to walk and carry my own bag. My sore back disabused me of that idea. However, the Titleist bag has proven to be a good cart bag and I have enjoyed it very much. The name on the bag notwithstanding, I just like the looks of the bag, itself.

I also carry the usual golf paraphernalia but added, this year, a Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 ( w/o slope feature ), which I have enjoyed using tremendously, and Jan Craig headcovers, which I have also come to like a lot, as well.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

In case you can't tell by my signature I'm a pretty big fan of Nike.

I got the SQ when the SUMO came out but before that I had the 460 Ignite. I love the SQ but I don't use a driver a lot as I have really come to rely on my 3-wood which I can carry 250+ and it really sets me up for a nice mid-iron from the middle of the fairway

My woods are the SQ also becasue I love everything to match. The 3 and 5 wood, I bought them about a year or so ago. Golf Galaxy had them on sale then for $149 a piece last spring/summer.

Nike pro-combo irons, this set is great because it gradually goes from a cavity back to a blade. This is also the first "good" set of irons I bought new.

Wedges - again Nike and I rotate bewtween my standard pitching wedge, the 54, 56, and 60 SV depending on how the course is. Vegas has some course where the greens are all elevated so the 60 comes in handy

Putter Nike Unitized it is brand new only played 1 round so far with it but I love it.

I also have a Nike CPR hybrid but I don't hit it well, I hit my 3-iron and 4-iron a lot better than I hit this club so it mainly stays out of the bag.

My bag itself is a Nike OSS cart bag, love the 14 full length dividers and the 7 pockets for "stuff". I got the bag from the Shadow Creek Golf Course, it has the Shadow Creek logo stitched on the front. www.shadowcreek.com

Shoes - Nike SP8 TW Tour ( I'm so OCD about things matching that I even have a Nike shoe bag that mathces my Nike golf bag with the Shadow Creek logo stitched on the top)

Stuff - Nike divot repair tool/ball marker, only play natural no-color tees, band aids, Bushnell Laser Range finder, note pad, sharpies, pencil's.

let's see, i will start with the big dog:
i got my driver from a high school kid i used to work with around 2000. he was switching to another driver. cost me $100 but it was the first driver i could hit solid consistently. the stock shaft broke under the grip during a practice swing. i replaced it with the ust proforce gold. i still love this driver and i just don't see me replacing this driver any time soon.
three-this is a fairly rare warbird stong three. the way i came into this club is not something i can talk about. i can't replace this club in the bag either.
hybrid-just picked up this club a couple weekends ago. i have only hit it into the net at the golf shop. i had planned on hitting the adams idea as well while at the shop but they did not have any in stock. i was not planning another trip to the shop this year so i took what i could get (it is the closest shop and it is over and hour drive away). i do not regret buying this club but i would have liked to hit the adams. i just can't wait to hit it for real. the fairways at my club just came out from under 4-5 feet of snow late this week. 3 more weekends and maybe i can try it on the course.
irons-saw these clubs in the pro shop 10 years and had to have them. took most of the summer to save up the money but i finally got them and still have them. i knew when i bought them they would be in the bag for a long time. the only thing i am thinking is i would like to have forged irons, either the 735's, the 695's or the mp-60's. but not seriously in the market.
wedges-got these 9-10 years ago. the grooves may be a little worn but i love these clubs and will not replace them. besides, with the impending rules change by the usga regarding grooves, anything you buy now will be illegal soon.
putter-this was an addition i made last year. i had putted with a ping zing 2 for probably 8-9 years but i made an adjustment to the shaft length and it changed the feel significantly. i lost confidence in it and replaced it. i have not putted well with the scotty but i know my mechanics are screwed up and it will be fine once i have sorted things out. my guess it was not the arrows, it was the indian.
balls-i have settled on the hx tour 56. it is an incredible ball. i will play pro v1's but i won't buy them.
shoes-dryjoys. comfortable, dry and durable. i have had the same 3 pairs of dryjoys for over 10 years. will never buy anything but dryjoys.
other things-i have a number of miscellaneous items in a small bag. among them are divot tools from various clubs in the southwest, regular length tees of any color, one ball marker made of silver and turquoise that i don't use, i use whatever coin i grab, a broken silver and turquoise bracelet i got from some chick a long time ago, some lead tape, a pair of tweezers (a must if you play in the desert), a green sharpie, and a groove cleaner that looks like a screwdriver. i also carry a zip-lock bag with tape and band-aids for a blister i get on my thumb from practicing early in the season (long lay offs suck). i used to carry steel wool to buff the rust off rtg wedge but it doesn't rust anymore and it has a really nice patina on it now except on the sweet spot.
bag-a sun mountain carry bag. it is really light and easy to carry. i got this bag as a gift a few years ago. when it wears out i will probably be looking at a jones bag (google it if you don't know what jones golf bags are).

with the hybrid i put in the bag recently i think i finally have the complete bag. i think i will have this set-up for awhile.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

three-this is a fairly rare warbird stong three. the way i came into this club is not something i can talk about. i can't replace this club in the bag either.

How'd you come upon it? Stole it? Found it? Won it in a bet? No one's going to eat you here.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Driver: Titleist 905T. A friend had a demo, I tried it and liked it, so I got fitted and bought one. That was of course before everything was 460cc. Probably not the best driver for my game. I'll be picking out something else in the next week or two. FT-i, FT-5, and TM SuperQuad are the top 3 on my list.

3 & 5 Wood:
TaylorMade R580 Titanium. At the time everything else I had was TaylorMade, so it seemed to make sense, as did the price I got on Ebay. They've served me well, but I'll probably upgrade soon. I could probably do with a heavier shaft, and well, I just like new toys.

Rescue/Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue Mid (4-iron replacement). TaylorMade...same as everything else at the time.

Irons:
TaylorMade RAC OS. My first set. I tried probably 6 different iron sets but settled on the TMs. Got a good deal on Ebay. I actually preferred the Callaway X-16s, but I couldn't justify the cost having played all of 12 holes previously. My Callaway X-20 Tours are on order though, and I hope to have them in the bag by the end of the week.

Wedges:
52* TaylorMade RAC Black (holdover from when I was 100% TM), Cleveland CG10s - 56* & 60*. Love the look and feel of the clubs. I bought them during a sale at TGW.

Putter(s):
TaylorMade Rossa Monza (notice a pattern here)
Bettinardi Big Ben Belly Putter - Wedding gift from my wife. A great change of pace when I get yippy with a standard putter. It's also really cool looking, and if I need to I can mount it to my roof to improve my TV reception.
Yes! Tiffany - My present to myself to celebrate the opening of Golf Galaxy in Albany (How's that for justification). Only one round so far, but I like what I've seen.

Bag: 2007 OGIO Atlas - Good story about this one. I wrote an article on my blog about OGIO bags and how much I liked them (you'll never convince me they're not the best). My first bag was an EXO. My travel bag is an OGIO Monster. Anyway, the people at OGIO found it, and to say thanks, they sent me the Atlas bag that I mentioned I was going to buy.

Balls: I prefer the Nike One, but since I'm still a little erratic at times, I mostly play the mid to high end balls that I find in the woods. I have about 6 dozen Pro V1s, which is funny considering I didn't buy a single one of them.

Shoes: Nike SP7. I had planned on buying Ecco's, but the SP7 was extremely comfortable, and a lot less money. No regrets, as I'm starting my 3rd season with the same shoe and it's still in great shape (40 rounds on a year on average).

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

Hi , I am new here .Here is what i have

Driver - Callaway GBBII - R Shaft
3 Wood - Callaway Steel Head III - Firm System III Shaft ( My Favourite )
5 Wood - Adams Tight Lies Pro - S
Irons 3 to Sand - KZG ZO Blade with 5.5 Rifle - Custom Fitted
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stanless 303 Newport 2.5
Balls - Titleist ProVI

I am still looking for a Driver that has the feel like my wood 3 and putter ( looking for more forgiving putter )

Driver This driver is a handme down from my father, it was his first titanium driver and my second. My first driver was a TM r5 type D w/ regular flex shaft that I outgrew. I have outgrown this one too.

3 wood I don't even use this anymore because the weight in the back fell out so it feels like I'm swinging a rope, but agian another handme down from my dad. When it had the weight it was sweet, now it collects dust in my bag.

hybrids The ping one sits and collects dust because I hook it so bad that I have given up on it, however the cleveland one is just amazing. Off the tee last weekend I was averaging over 230 off the tee with roll with it. The ping was a christmas gift and the cleveland was a replacement for a snapped 3 iron.

Irons Again with the handme downs, these were my fathers first real set and he began to dislike them because he couldn't feel that he could hit steel shafts. So he got a new set with graphite shafts and I got a new set with steel ones. I am looking to replace these ASAP because they are old and slick.

Wedges The pitching wedge was my first real good club that is MINE. I left my pw from my first set on the 18th green in a rain storm and m picked this one up as a replacement, I love it. However it is becoming quite slick due to the amount of use I give it. The sand wedge was my dads, he hit a bad shot with it, threw it in the woods. I rescued it. The lob wedge was mine from when I needed so I picked it up 2 years ago.

Putter(s) The 34in Anser is now back in my dads bag but I have a 34in Tess that I stole from him. I love both but the anser will always be my girl.

The general conscience is that 98% of my set is handme downs, and I think I need to change that and fast.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

Driver: Titleist 905R. Just replaced the 983K two weeks ago. Bought it on Ebay for $156 w/shipping.

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F. Went in the bag last year. Replaced the previous Titleist model. I think it was a 974.

Hybrids: 21 degree Ben Hogan Edge CFT. I love it. I hit it from everywhere. 19 degree Titleist 503H. Not so much love here. Tough to hit. Likely gone before months end.

Irons: Currently playing the Top Flite Tour 3-PW. I have been too busy to get fitted for their replacements. I will be ordering the Titleist 775cb 4-AW.

Wedges: 56 degree Titleist Vokey and 51 degree Cleveland 588.

Putters: Scotty Laguna Mid-Slant Pro Platinum

Grips: All are Winn except the driver. It has the stock Titleist cord. The Irons, 3 wood, Vokey and Hogan all have the traditional Winn wrap. Midsize in tan. My Cleveland has the Winn V-17 AVS and the 503 has the Winn Excell AVS. I was contemplating switching grips so I tried them on a couple clubs to see what I liked. Putter has Winn Excell AVS as well.

Ball: I switch depending on conditions. ProV1, Nike Juice and Titleist DT SoLo.

Bag: Just switched to the Ogio Grom.

Other Stuff: Not much, since I just switched bags. I have a couple score cards from the two courses I play most. About 20 long tees and about 30 broken ones. Callaway Divot tool. Two Nike gloves and a pair of Foot Joy cold weather gloves. 3 or 4 pencils. Two quarters, 1994 and 1998. i use them for ball marks. They are the years my sons were born. Two towels. Both from events I attended at Oakland Hills. 2004 Ryder Cup and 2002 US Amateur.

I hope to keep it uncluttered, but that's easier said than done.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Hi, this is my first post but I have been reading the Trap off and on for a while.

I was a golf nut in the late 80's-early 90's, playing and practicing all the time, watching all the tournaments on TV and reading all the magazines. A wife and two daughters and life got in the way and I only played socially for a few years.

Last year my teenage daughter decided to join the school golf team so dad had to get back into golf. It's been even more fun the second time around. Of course there is all this new, inovative equipment I need to spend $$ on!

Irons : I loved my Ping Eye 2's in the 80's but eventually traded them off for some Hogan Apex blades. Later I had a set of Lynx and the TA 845's which I kept during my "social golf" period. A while back I thought I would get another set of Eye 2's but I don't like them now as much as I did then. I've recently bought an Ebay set of TM rac lt's that I like very much. However, there is a big club demo in town later this month and I'm open to new options.

Woods : I have an assortment of older Callaway and TM drivers and fairway woods but I am hitting a 10.5 stiff shaft Titanium Bubble driver and I got a 3 wood from ebay to match it. I just love the feel of hitting this club and have not yet decided on anything newer.

Wedges : I'm carrying a Ping Zing SW I've had for years and a Hogan Special 60.

Putter : I just recently set aside my Ping Anser 2 I bought new in '88 for $40 for a Belly Odyssey 2-Ball.

Bag and Accessories : I use a Sun Mountain stand bag I bought several years ago but still serves me well. I don't buy expensive balls but look for sales and try different ones out.

I'm very much enjoying the game again and hope to get my handicap back down where it was years ago.

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

Driver Ping G5 with a grafalloy NT proto Xstiff shaft. I love this club and especially this shaft. I will though be replacing it with a Ping Rapture 9* later this spring.

3 Wood- Old Mr. Straight shooter. Titleist 904 F with a Dynamic Golf X stiff shaft. I actually gave up on this club once but it sure has held up its part of the bargain since returning to the starting lineup.

Hybrid- Newest addition to the bag and a great one at that. Its a 18* Ping rapture with the new Aldila Proto shaft. Very easy to hit and it sets up square unlike the G5 hybrids.

Irons- Nike Pro Combo 3- PW. Dynamic Gold X stiff shafts. Blade short irons and cavity back long irons, the best of both worlds. I might change to the Ping S58 later this summer but I have liked hitting these irons.

Wedges- Titleist vokey, enough said.

Putter- I am not loyal to one putter. When one stops performing another gets a shot. I have several Pings, a couple Odysseys, a few off brands, and a Scotty that I am currently using although maybe not for long.

Balls- There is only one ball as far as I am concerned Titleist ProV1X. It is the ONLY ball I use. I used to try others but they do not perform as well.

Bag- Ping Hoofer Vantage. Perfect blend of an excellent carry bag and cart bag.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, I thought I'd post an update on my stuff...basically after my spring shopping is more-or-less completed, and I'll be playing this year, by and large, with what I have by now.

Clubs...

I am looking at trying to get one of those Heavy Putters, but at $179, that drives me away faster than you can say "Cheap Bastard". I also picked up this gizmo called "The Chipper" which is basically a putter with a 40 degree loft on it. I don't think it's legal, but it's interesting (and fun) to use.

Grips...

I've since found the money to re-grip the rest, and the grips were actually Winn DSI's. Best grip ever, it allows me to grip it and rip it without tearing up my hands...and a mis-hit stings, but won't kill your hand.

Balls...

I'll still hit anything I an get my hands on, but I prefer Pinnacle Gold Long Drive (or any Pinnacle), Callaway HX Tour, and Titleist Pro V1's. (But, I still don't buy balls--I count on finding them in the deep rough, since $45.99 for a pack of Pro V1's is too steep for someone like your old pal Cheapo).

The towel I'm currently using to clean off my clubs also has a smattering of blood on it (self-inflicted with a golf pencil).

I lost that towel...

When you guys buy tees, do you keep them in the plastic bag, and squeeze each individual tee out as you need it, eventually leaving you with a bag full of holes? And, if you find extra tees, do you stick them back through one of the holes in the bag?

yes I do, do that with tees.

In the bag:
X-forged 3-pw

okay where to start. When i was 11 I went to a store called Sport Mart. and had a nice set of Ram clubs that i fell in love with. From there on i knew i wanted those. Christmas morning i got them. I still have those ever since

Driver- I started out with the RAM Laser driver which i used until just last year where i got angry, threw a ball up in the air and hit it out of mid air (head went further than the ball) I convinced myself that I needed a new driver as i always wanted one. but instead i got it replaced with a shaft and ping grip. I used that for a year and definatly decided i needed a new driver. So now its a new year and im starting it off with a Nike Sasquatch.

Irons- when i first started the game i started out with some Spalding Wooden clubs, then i upgraded to a junior set of wilsons, and now these Rams, for some reason my irons are low grade cheapies, but i can sure hit with them. Im also convinced i need new irons, but thinking, Do i really need them? answer is no. I plan to use these for another 3-4 years.

Putter- basic ram putter, not much to say about that. All chipped, getting a new one this week

Woods- Can hit my woods nicely, keepin those.

Bag- Ram bag, wayyyy too heavy. so i always have to use a pull cart.

For shoes i get some nice black wilsons every year for 40 bucks. Love em

For clothes my favorites would have to be my mock collar shirts and my Pullover. I have about 40 golf shirts but i need some more pants. (Dress code for my club)

All in all, i really havnt put much towards golf. i absolutly love it but i can perform well with what ive got. Im only 15 so i dont have a big budget. buying a new putter is basically spending 1/4 th's of my savings.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

parents? My dad helps me out a lot with golf

In the bag:
X-forged 3-pw

Note: This thread is 5705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!