IGNORED

Slicing driver

Note: This thread is 4626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, I just went down the range for a couple of hours and tried everything. I managed to hit 1 out of 100 straight. I might just put the driver away for a couple of months... Would this help? Or just make the problem worse?

I'm new to the game...so I don't really know anything yet, but I can tell you what helped me.

I was at the range and a girl stepped into the opening directly in front of me.  She was a little bitty blonde, maybe 110 pounds.  She was DIALED in...hitting 250 yard drives straight as an arrow.  Anyway, she finished up, and turned around and said hi.  I asked her to tell me how she was able to hit so straight.  Long story short, she has played since age 3, and played collegiate golf until this spring.  She showed me a simple grip change that straightened me out from the first swing.  Basically, brought both my hands over top of the grip...so if I released the club it would drop to the ground.  (Before, if I had opened my hands, the club would rest still in my hands.)  She also had me keep my thumbs trapped to my hands.  Anyway, mabye a bad description...if you feel that pictures would be helpful, LMK.

Originally Posted by bobleeswagger

I'm new to the game...so I don't really know anything yet, but I can tell you what helped me.

I was at the range and a girl stepped into the opening directly in front of me.  She was a little bitty blonde, maybe 110 pounds.  She was DIALED in...hitting 250 yard drives straight as an arrow.  Anyway, she finished up, and turned around and said hi.  I asked her to tell me how she was able to hit so straight.  Long story short, she has played since age 3, and played collegiate golf until this spring.  She showed me a simple grip change that straightened me out from the first swing.  Basically, brought both my hands over top of the grip...so if I released the club it would drop to the ground.  (Before, if I had opened my hands, the club would rest still in my hands.)  She also had me keep my thumbs trapped to my hands.  Anyway, mabye a bad description...if you feel that pictures would be helpful, LMK.

That would be helpful if you wouldn't mind.

I'd like to see pictures of the little blonde!  Those could be helpful!

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

I concur...we need pictures of the blonde in order to appropriately address the OP's slice

Originally Posted by colnago1331

I'd like to see pictures of the little blonde!  Those could be helpful!

The War Sticks:

Driver: Adams Speedline F11 9.5* w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff flex shaft

3Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15*

Hybrid: Ping G10 22* 

Irons:Mizuno MP32's 3-PW (bought used for $189)

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 52*, 56*

Putter: An old Ram Laser...lol...but it works

Ball: Srixon Q-star

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kICRZpwvEls&playnext;=1&list;=PLC541D58EE212882A)

This video will really help you with your slice. He also has a video "Stop slicing with Driver" that you should look for. I keep pushing his videos on the forums and like everybody else, including myself, they find his videos very clear and easy to follow.

WOWWWWWW These videos are 100% on point.........I went to the range today and hit the driver better than I ever have before. Let's hope it continues. Thank you for posting!

Originally Posted by colnago1331

These two videos have been pretty helpful for me:

Originally Posted by TheSavage

WOWWWWWW These videos are 100% on point.........I went to the range today and hit the driver better than I ever have before. Let's hope it continues. Thank you for posting!

No problem!  It's a bit weird at first; definitely takes some getting used to.  But the concept makes sense and the results have been, at least for me, very positive.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

check your alignment too.... my guess is when your rolling your hands through and you pull it and hit it straight, it's most likely not a pull, and just your aiming there. and if your aiming there and your clubface isnt... your slicing it.

Note: This thread is 4626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!