IGNORED

My Swing (sean_miller)

sean_miller
Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While working on one thing I notice other tendencies that make progress 3 steps forward and 2 back. I appreciate the the hooplah when someone makes a change that sticks even though the change seems minor. One change is never really all that's needed. While working on flattening my takeaway, early extension seems worse than usual. Work on that and I start crossing the line like I did when playing baseball. Seems easy enough at slow speeds, and maybe I'll get it together while hitting balls one day. I need to change my hand / wrist angle at the top and then I'll be somewhat happy with this swing. Still gonna tweak the early extension though since on a couple of ther swings what I felt was gold - had my arse against a golf bag though and that's probably frowned upon during rounds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 2 weeks later...

No real comments - just documenting session 4 of 10.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 1 month later...

4th and 5th lesson FO.

0004-0005.JPG

During 5th lesson:

Combined 0007-0014.bmp

I closed my youtube account because I don't care for their security policies. Nothing specific - just me. Anyhoo, I have the videos on my PC, but thought I'd throw in a couple images.  There's discussion around "correct" posture now that I'll try to avoid. Whenever I do anything setup and posture related that feels contrived, I struggle with feel. So my posture, like my swing, is what it is and my goal is to become as consistent with that as possible.

Normal (natural) setup during 5 lessons, using a variety of clubs. 00007A-00007E.bmp

Impact looks really solid.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by poser

Impact looks really solid.

My instructor didn't send any videos with shanks - he did have a couple to choose from though.

I created a new youtube account and will add some video, but of course the first 90% of this thread is F'd up now.

During lesson 1 of 10.

Lesson 2 of 10.

Lesson 3 of 10:

Lesson 4. Began working on early extension.

Lesson 5, Starting to get it together, but probably exactly the same.

Face on - Kevin was starting to have camera issues.

Lesson 6.

Lesson 7 - today. Rare driver swings (mostly work with long and short iron). Looked over my shoulder at plane (on monitor) during warmup swings. Very helpful.

And that gets this trainwreck back to current.

You will probably always have that little different backswing but, your downswing is really good.  I love to watch people who float load the club.  Impact looks solid also just seems you kinda stall your hips a little bit.  Keep up the good work.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Originally Posted by poser

You will probably always have that little different backswing but, your downswing is really good.  I love to watch people who float load the club.  Impact looks solid also just seems you kinda stall your hips a little bit.  Keep up the good work.

If you mean crossing the line at the top, yeah I'll probably always do that. I had to google "float load".

FO and DTL (not sure what's going on with Kevin's FO camera).

Contact is getting more consistent as the swing look weirder.

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulda worn a hat and my new shirt is not my new favourite. Anyway, slight changes hopefully consistent by the season opener!

Your swing is looking great.  It appears our instructors agree on the swing method based on the lines and emphasis yours made on position.  Your swing looks much closer to what my instructor would like mine to look like.

Joe Paradiso

I was taking the club to parallel for the 1st 1/2 of the lesson. Same as pushing the hips more forward.  I might work on these elements during the season, but the focus right now is to gain consistency to start the season and a longer backswing and more hip movement is not natural for me at this point. Considering what my hips and knees have been through over the years I'm not going to do something for aesthetics purposes during a lesson that I can't comfortably repeat on he course. It's all about impact and that's clicking right now (albeit indoors against a net).

It helps to see what my swing is supposed to look like when I'm sitting here at night in front of a mirror trying to figure out what I'm forgetting.  Thanks for posting the videos.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

It helps to see what my swing is supposed to look like when I'm sitting here at night in front of a mirror trying to figure out what I'm forgetting.  Thanks for posting the videos.

Thank you and you're welcome. I used youtube default music on the second video - chose disaster movie type music as an homage to the top of my backswing.

I'm having the toughest time having my hips trigger the drop of my hands so my left elbow gets tight to my body.  It just feels so unnatural to me. That and keeping my right arm straight through the entire backswing.  If you use disaster music for that swing  I'm going to use horror movie music.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!