IGNORED

My Swing (sean_miller)

sean_miller
Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not looking for tips necessarily (other than camera angles and positioning) but won't be offended if someone offers them. I'm not working on anything in particular other than just staying in shape, and in this video, trying out my new camera.

The first few swings this day felt like garbage. No idea where the ball was going because I was very aware of the off kilter camera position and my alignment felt awkward somehow right from the start. Eventually I just said "F it" and hit a few with my normal tempo.

I'll add some FO video and some irons, but promise nothing spectacular or enlightening. Just capturing my swing for posterity and hoping to learn a bit about camera work before my daughter is ready to have her swing recorded (a couple summers away).

Peace out.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

OK, camera should point down the toe line at waist height. Landscape orientation preferred.

Nice easy-looking swing.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

OK, camera should point down the toe line at waist height. Landscape orientation preferred.

Consider yourself lucky I didn't post 2+ minutes of this . . .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by johnthejoiner

For some strange reason i thought you would be older but its good to see a homemade golf swing

Durr. . . . thanks?!?

• Administrator

Originally Posted by johnthejoiner

http://www.waynedefrancesco.com/instruction/online-lessons/setting-up-your-camera/

Thanks. Good post. Good reference.

Of course, there's always ours: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing .

I think s_m purposefully chose bad camera angles so we wouldn't draw lines all over his swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for not giving us the super slow motion version that to me is becoming the bane of these threads.

S_M - is your bad miss with the driver a nasty cut off the toe?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Thanks for not giving us the super slow motion version that to me is becoming the bane of these threads.

S_M - is your bad miss with the driver a nasty cut off the toe?

My "typical" good driver shot is straight with either a very slight fade or draw depending on the day.  That day I did actually hit a few slices and a couple snap hooks - not so typical for me - chalked it up to making goofy swing path compensations because of the poor camera alignment. Surely just being a generally shitty player had nothing to do with it!?!

Coincidentally, I warmed up with a 2-iron, which was odd. Maybe on days when a 2-iron off the turf feels very comfortable I should play for a nasty slice off the toe with my driver?

Slow tempo, love it.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Looks like Stack 'n Tilt ... arms in, right leg straightens ... very good!

(My quick comment is that towards the top, it looks as if you steepen, then flatten. Looked again, the arms are in, then come slightly out when you steepen slightly before flattening)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Looks like Stack 'n Tilt ... arms in, right leg straightens ... very good!

(My quick comment is that towards the top, it looks as if you steepen, then flatten. Looked again, the arms are in, then come slightly out when you steepen slightly before flattening)

I'm not going to respond to that beyond the fact my swing is relatively unchanged since I started playing in the mid 1980s. Basically it predates S&T; by a few years.

So anyway, one thing has apparently changed over the years. Apparently I'm hitting a pull draw with my 2-iron now and that's playing havoc with my driver.  Still hitting it long(ish) but maybe I'm relying on the 2-iron too much. I need to straighten this out.

2-iron.

Driver:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm not going to respond to that beyond the fact my swing is relatively unchanged since I started playing in the mid 1980s. Basically it predates S&T; by a few years.

Then it works!

I wish I could say the same for my work in progress.... :-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I hope you don't mind but i was looking at a couple of your other videos and it looks like your fighting against a lateral shift away from the target with your driver but you ride with it with your long iron. Some of the greatest players to play the game had a move away from the target, Hogan, Snead and a younger Tiger moved off the ball with their longer clubs but stayed centered with their shorter irons

Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!