IGNORED

Perfect Posture: May not be what you think

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

You're further along in the curve than I am, then.  Here's me a year and a half ago (with a lot of back pain I might add):

Looks like you had a very closed stance back then, too. Much more square today. Looks good!

Of course, you can also get too rounded. This is how I started out playing golf!

Screenshot2010-06-01at21223PM.png

(Yes, I actually could hit the ball from there. Sort of.)

Still work on it now.

1600x800px-LL-66640bb7_0520.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes you can always do too much of anything, that is why we utilize a system

@stretch, nice changes with the handle of the club pointing up towards the belt and arms hanging more "out".

@bunkerputt, looking good!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

i didnt think the chin thing was a big deal, i keep my chin up so i can feel my shoulder coming underneath it; so i can tell if im turning enough....

too each their own...

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ggolokin

i didnt think the chin thing was a big deal, i keep my chin up so i can feel my shoulder coming underneath it; so i can tell if im turning enough....

too each their own...

You can turn your shoulder beneath your chin with your chin down. If you have to keep your chin up to turn your shoulder beneath it, you likely have a flat shoulder turn.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

You can turn your shoulder beneath your chin with your chin down. If you have to keep your chin up to turn your shoulder beneath it, you likely have a flat shoulder turn.

And likely translate the upper axis.  why not just stay centered?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

most liekly why my right elbow is way out at the top of the backswing, and my miss is a hook or a block.

making me really want to hit the range today... godamm work.

Originally Posted by iacas

Originally Posted by ggolokin

most liekly why my right elbow is way out at the top of the backswing, and my miss is a hook or a block.

making me really want to hit the range today... godamm work.

I would add check your hip and leg action on the backswing.  You don't really want to resist the turn so much with the right leg, only as is required to prevent lower body sway away from the target.  Let it straighten and let the right hip bone work up and towards the target.  It's hard to turn your shoulders steeper and on a plane without also turning your hips a little steeper (and also on a plane, albeit a different one).  Flaring the right toe slightly helps to prevent sway somewhat.  I only know because I've been working on a little steeper and more centered shoulder turn lately and this is what I found out.  Pay careful attention to where you need to place the ball anytime you change anything.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 4574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!