IGNORED

What is the best high spin golf ball for the price?

Note: This thread is 4226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You might want to try the Bridgestone e5. it's a 2 piece ball I believe, but with a soft cover like the higher cost tour balls. Heard good things about them. I also buy used balls rated as mint condition. Quite a bit cheaper and basically like new condition.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

My advice is to go shred some range balls, at least 100 or so, then play either the Pro V1 practice, X-outs or NXT Tours.  Those Vokeys really need a break in period anyway, although I find my red logo SMs bite nothing like my black logos did.  But that's probably due to a swing change on my part.

Possibly check out the Top-Flite Gamer V2s... good ball and they spin pretty well... not quite as much as a Pro V or something in that category, but at 1/2 the price nothing will.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Possibly check out the Top-Flite Gamer V2s... good ball and they spin pretty well... not quite as much as a Pro V or something in that category, but at 1/2 the price nothing will.

I would like to ask this question again:

Does anybody know an online shop that still does sell Gamer V2s?

Couldn't find any in the last 2 monthes...

thx and greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

Originally Posted by I AM PRO V1

I cant afford ProV1's, thats why I asked for some with a decent price

The term *decent price* is all relative - generally you get what you pay for

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by I AM PRO V1

I cant afford ProV1's, thats why I asked for some with a decent price

Used Pro V1's. lostgolfballs.com has the 2nd quality (AAAA) 2010 model for $14-17 per dozen.

Quote:

thx and greetings

michi

Your looking for vendors that will ship to Australia.  Can't help you there.  In the U.S., GamerV2 are readily available on Ebay.  I just bought a case for 50% off list price.  How can you beat GamerV2s for $10/doz?

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Originally Posted by mihi4

thx and greetings

michi

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/14540/refScid/1061#floatCartTableAnchor

http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Top-Flite-Gamer-V2-Ball/10031394/Product

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Top-Flite-Gamer-V2-Golf-Balls---12-pack/SP11TFGAMERV2/Product

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11538388

http://shop.pgatoursuperstore.com/ball/gamer-v2/top-flite/p_pd-1016640.aspx?uom=2

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Are they somewhat durable? My Vokey is literally brand new and im just tearing up my NXT Tours..

The cover is the same material as tour balls I believe, so likely not much difference in durability. I play with Vokey wedges and they have a reputation for shredding balls for sure. I think buying mint used balls gets you the best of both worlds in terms of quality and price.

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Are they somewhat durable? My Vokey is literally brand new and im just tearing up my NXT Tours..

The cover is the same material as tour balls I believe, so likely not much difference in durability. I play with Vokey wedges and they have a reputation for shredding balls for sure. I think buying mint used balls gets you the best of both worlds in terms of quality and price.

Nike One Tour balls are still on sale at Rock Bottom Golf for $59.97 for 3 DOZEN .

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Thx for the tips about the stores.

I forgot to add "European" to online store.. (tristan, Austria != Australia *G*).

Buying from the US would be too expensive considering shipping and customs...

greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

Srixon Q-Stars are decent spin balls and around $25/dz. You could also try lostgolfballs.com, you can pick up used but like new golf balls for A LOT less then they are new...for example, pro v1 for $10-$25/dz.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!